PDA

View Full Version : Dining Room Table Project

LA_MERC_FragFood
July 29th, 2008, 12:16 AM
After seeing the nice job Tech did on his TV stand, I had to post my best (and favorite) furniture project to date - the dining room table that I built a few years ago. I've got some others that I may post later as well, if there's any interest in having a "Projects" subforum or something.

http://jgaustin11.googlepages.com/home2

Chi_Townz
July 29th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Dude, that's awesome! Maybe instead of a new computer I should buy some good tools.

I for one don't have an objection to a projects forum.
La_Merc Shop Talk!

Careful though... You all might start taking orders.

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Damn frag, that is bad...ass! VERY nice!!!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 29th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Wow,,, didn't know we had such a collection of wood working gurus in here. I've never made a big project out of wood work, but damm I sure have done quite a few from fence building to wiring and outfitting a new shop, and everything in between. :)

Good job Frag.. thats one of those tables that would be hard to put a price on... but it's sure worth a lot more than what you got in it :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Did you use a mortising press on that, or drill then chisel out the corners?

LA_MERC_FragFood
July 29th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Did you use a mortising press on that, or drill then chisel out the corners?

Plunge router/chisel for some, hand cut or chiseled on others.

LA_MERC_FragFood
July 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Dude, that's awesome! Maybe instead of a new computer I should buy some good tools.

Hard to beat goods tools, but there's only one drawback. Nobody to blame for screwups but yourself.:violin

Chi_Townz
July 29th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hard to beat goods tools, but there's only one drawback. Nobody to blame for screwups but yourself.:violin

Ouch....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==