PDA

View Full Version : Batman - The Dark Knight (First impression, no spoilers)

LA_MERC_FragFood
July 17th, 2008, 01:19 AM
There are advantages to having a family member that works at the theater. Went and saw The Dark Knight tonight (releases Friday) in a virtually empty theater with people that appreciate movies. Nice quiet crowd, and the management cranked up the sound for us.

Points that need to be made:
1. Go see the damn thing. Probably the best Batman that's been put out
2. Heath Ledger owned the part of the Joker. He's freakin' crazy, man. I really think he went a little bit nuts doing the part.
3. 'Splosions? You bet. Special effects are nicely done, not too over the top except in certain areas, but hey - it's a movie.
4. Plot? Hard to say. There are a number of plots/subplots and sub-sub plots to keep everyone happy. Some actually move the story forward.
5. Nicely twisted twists in some areas
6. New Batmobile rocks.
7. Long ass movie, but worth it.

Goin' to bed now, but thought I'd get this out.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 17th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Can't beat Adam West!

Omega_Prime
July 17th, 2008, 09:01 AM
lmao that old gay batman show got **** on this movie

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
July 17th, 2008, 09:10 AM
LMAO. I want to go see it for sure. I have been a fan of the Batman series even when it got ridiculous with The Arnold.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
July 19th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I just farted with excitement since Im fixing to go see this movie in about an hour.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
July 19th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Yup, this movie was badd-a$$! It is still hard to see Heath Ledger play such a montrous role and pull it off so well. The last part of the Hospital scene was great! I have a feeling what the next villain is gonna be by a certain line Alfred said concerning Batman's new suit. I could be reading to much into it though. This is a must see movie!.

LA_MERC_Heater
July 19th, 2008, 02:35 PM
got ticket to the first showing 12:01am and it was great. by far the best batman movie ever. Heath was sinister as the joker. he was pure evil genius. a must for all

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==