PDA

View Full Version : Straw Poll

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM
AOL is conducting a Straw Poll. (http://news.aol.com/political-machine/straw-poll) The results are rather surprising if you believe main stream media.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 25th, 2008, 03:51 PM
All 50 states are MAJORLY Red.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 25th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I don't believe mainstream media...but I don't really believe this either.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM
yeah, until election day you won't have an acurate count. was just wierd seeing a poll skewed so far in the opposite direction as much of the other media outlets. 1 cool difference is this is an open poll, where as most of the others are closed polls with voters selected by the media outlets.

most likely on this one, some conservative blogs and radio shows got a hold of it first. although, it is on sites like Digg (which is extremely liberal and pro-obama)

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 25th, 2008, 04:37 PM
That was my thought as well...you get someone like Rush or Focus on the Family telling all their folks to go vote...your data is already skewed. The only real way (and I realize that is debatable) to tell is to have an election.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 25th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I DEMAND A RECOUNT!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 25th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Well the results suite me fine :)

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
June 25th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I spy some hanging chads...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 25th, 2008, 11:43 PM
would be absolutely hilarious if this was the same result in November. all the major media outlets would let out a collective gasp. everyone one of them would go to the color bars for a few minutes with "Sorry, we're experiencing technical difficulty" until they could figure out what the hell happened and how they should respond.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 26th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I hope this is good foreshadowing!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 26th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I think it is not. I still have issues with McCain. I do not care how he was tortured earlier in life. I need to feed my kids and it is hard in today's economy to make that happen. I do not see his fix for it yet, but I necessarily do not trust the Democrats that have control right now to make the best decisions. We need change from where we are at soon. Food is going up. Gas is going up. Inflation is still rising. Income down. Houses are being foreclosed on. Our Gov't is looking to bail out the Idiots that bought a house cuz a bank said they can, and not their budget. FTW? McCain better stop worrying about a Jihadist getting to him before some poor Middle-classed out of work Father of 5 that is an electronics engineer does. The crime rate will start to climb, Leeches will deplete our social services, Elderly will Have to be supported by their kids even further strapping the economy. Where does it all end? What is the answer? I am at a loss. My plan right now is protect myself, my family, and my friends. **** my neighbors, and screw everyone else. That is the American spirit now isn't. That is what our Gov't should be wanting us to think here. I can live with a president getting a little immoral head in the oval office if it means I can feed my family better.
:soapbox:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==