PDA

View Full Version : We are going backwards here

LA_MERC_Nutria
April 16th, 2008, 12:22 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/nationalnews/9413390/detail.html

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM
jackasses

So is safety just related to the boss, or does the rest of the team members have to speak a foriegn language too? All the english speaking members should walk out. let them loose 80% of their work force because they are trying to cater to the 10-20%.

If I was the boss about to get laid off.... I would learn spanish as fast as I could, then, that's all I would speak on the job. I'd tell the officials (that wanted to fire me for not speaking a foriegn language) that they would either need to step down or be fired if they couldn't communicate with me using spanish.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
So you are going to demote someone with leadership skills and presumably more knowledge then the newer fireman because he can't communicate with all the men under him. Huh. So requiring all applicants to speak good English isn't allowed. Most likely because that would be discrimination. But isn't it also discrimination to demote or fire someone for the exact same reason? The problem is I'm sure most if not all of the fire chiefs that will be affected by this aren't minorities with civil rights groups to back them up.

I thought civil rights were for everyone? Obviously it's only for those with more political backing.

LA_MERC_Nutria
April 16th, 2008, 01:22 PM
If I understand right... If there is one man in a 20 man crew that does not speak English, if the crew leader doesn't speak the language he gets demoted

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 16th, 2008, 01:47 PM
That's how I read it. Still doesn't make sense that the majority has to cater to the minority.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 16th, 2008, 02:24 PM
In what way does it help a fire crew if the fire boss has to say
"hey look out for that rock!" then say it again "hey mirada hacia fuera para esa roca!"

Now, I want to see the civil lawsuit because Rico got killed by the rock
since the fire boss decided to warn the English speaking guys first instead of the Spanish speaking ones.

Orrrr I have a better Idea, speak English or GTF out!!!
Problem solved... and fire bosses get to keep the jobs they worked so hard to earn.

LA_MERC_Sabre
April 17th, 2008, 08:58 AM
i'm too pissed off to comment on this....I hate the way that our country is going.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
April 17th, 2008, 09:30 AM
*edit* racist type remark.

I agree with Sabre

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==