PDA

View Full Version : If the Academy did this when Mahony was a cadet....

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 11th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Police Academy movies would have been boring (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=558597&in_page_id=1770)

So what happens when criminals get a hold of the code for the signal?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 11th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I dont like it, as a mater of fact I hate it,, IMO, its just a set up for things to come, the "BIG BROTHERS" of the world trying to control us all.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I'm sure some of smart badguys will figure out a way to crack the code and keep tabs on where the po po is themselves. Much easier to rob a bank if you already know that there isn't a police officer within 20 miles.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
yea I was thinking of that as well.. this could also open the door for some serious top level corruption... Say, the mob wants to make sure theirs no one in the area when a Hit goes down.... Pay off one man instead of several.

Daedelus
April 11th, 2008, 10:17 PM
yeah i can see the few times you see in the movies where a police officer ( jack bower type) runs into something big and they are not the type to wait for reiforcments/back up because and action needs to be done now, that this would come in handy to aid / help/ back up the officer. but as you guys listed above there would be to many chances or more evil could be done by the bad guys. like you listed figuring out where the cops where or and under cover cop blening in good but the regular cops on the perimiter of a sting etc. could be detected giving away the ci or under cover etc.

Just like at the VA they came up with an idea to to put patients medical records on a micro chip that would be imbedded in there ID cards. so if they where incapacitated or from out of there normal area the get treated we could acsess there records fast for treatment. but with all the iD's that get lost or stolden there would be greater chance that it could be used for evil purposess against the patient fraud wise. that it was never implimented.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
April 12th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Try to hide that stuff while undercover. Lol. Anyways it will not last for all of the force i am sure.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==