PDA

View Full Version : Big Ol'Gobbler...

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 11th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Here are a few shots of the Gobbler I dropped yesterday afternoon. He weighed in at an impressive 25 pounds, inch and quarter spurs and his beard measured 10 inches.

It poured rain here all morning and I'd had enough of it, went back to the cabin had breakfast and started some chores. A couple of hours later the rain stopped and the woods exploded with gobbling. I worked a couple of groups for about an hour with no luck, then this ol boy and his partner started in north of me. I relocated to a bend in the road near my cabin, plopped out the decoy and started yelping. 20 minutes later he was rolling in, and I dropped him with my Hoyt at 30 yards. The funny thing was I was less then 50 yards from the front porch of my cabin when I took the shot!

Thats the Sweet arse Double Bull in the background.. had it out in the morning when it was raining... it's like hunting in a condo. Worth every penny.

LA_MERC_Drifter
April 11th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Nice bird Wetzny and with a bow to boot!

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
April 11th, 2008, 07:31 AM
thats awesome wetz! would love to get a thunder chicken with a bow. Is that a double bull blind?

LA_MERC_DocSparky
April 11th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Excellent job Wetz! ....with a bow no less!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 11th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks.... Can't post the others, they're too big and I'm a retard when it comes to figuring out how to resize the shots...oh well.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 11th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Hey, you must have shot that guy halfway around the world... cause its sideways..

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 11th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Double bull in the house... It kept me dry as a bone in the pouring rain that morning... the sight lines are great. I was drying it out, but decided to take the pictures in front of it...

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
April 11th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Sweet! Thats gonna be my next hunting purchase I think. I got to play with one awhile back and setup was just awesome.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 11th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I've never had a blind as good as this one. Now I haven't killed anything from it yet, but there is no doubt it is the top of the line ground blind. The only real downside is it's weight. The thing is heavy, and they don't provide any stakes. With the wind we have down here I have to use the real heavy tent stakes.

Rollout
April 11th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Cool, I want the drumsticks!!!!! :)

LA_MERC_Sniper
April 13th, 2008, 04:32 PM
sweet bird man I went yesterday for the first time this year. i should have stayed a little longer when i got in my truck to leave I scared 5 2 big boys and 3 hens too bad they went the other way. hopefully i am going 2 or three mornings this week. I'm usingf the bow as well. I killed a squirrell with it the other day at 30 yards so ima graduate to turkeys haha

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 13th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Another one Bites the Dust!!! My hunting buddy Mike dropped this Gobbler this afternoon. The Damn wind was so heavy today and cold, we spent most of the day working on my Crawdad bass buggy. We replaced the decking with a new piece of wood, new carpet etc. Anyway this morning when we got up it was FREEZING and the wind was blowing a steady 30mph. So we skipped the Turkey hunting and decided to invest the day in Chores, thus freeing us for a future blue-bird day to fish and shoot.

Right around 3 pm we heard a Gobbler from the NW, again right near the Cabin. I went inside to get his 870 while he went to locate the bird. Sure enough the old boy was coming right to our front door! Mike grabbed his box call, the 870 and a hat. He went about 40 yards from the back of the cabin and laid down in a low spot and started yelping. The bird bee lined for the call and Blammo, Mike dropped the bird at 20 yards with a clean shot to the grill! I couldn't believe it! Not 10 minutes had gone by from the time we'd first heard the bird till we were taking pictures!!

This bird didn't weigh as much as the one I shot Thursday, but check out his Bad-arse spurs and sweet beard!!

LA_MERC_BS
April 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Nice bird! Say I couldn't help but notice in the photo it looks like you spilt a bag of corn on the ground. Whatcha doing with all that corn?

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 14th, 2008, 10:24 AM
LOL... Got a feeder, but hell haven't put a speck of corn on the ground!!!

LA_MERC_BS
April 14th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I could dress as a tree with a feeder hanging out of it in a grass patch and I won't see a damn thing. But the deer in MS look like crack dogs. Maybe thats why they're so hard to see.

LA_MERC_FragFood
April 14th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Nice going, guys. But I gotta say - Damn, turkeys are some ugly ass birds close up... And how do you find the pop up "I'm done" thingie in all of those feathers?:tosser

For alla y'all that want the easy "I'm ten thumbs on a good day" photo resizing, use this (http://www.picturegirdle.com/). Easiest damn program you'll ever run across that does exactly what you need and nothing more. Great results, and really, truly free.

Jack

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 15th, 2008, 06:08 AM
very nice David, thats suckers huge!

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
April 29th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Nice bird, man!!! The only thing that disturbs me is that the second picture kinda looks like you got his skirt up, and are having your way with him. Other than that....Nice bird, man!!!

Barry :p

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==