February 12th, 2008, 03:58 PM
NEW POST!!!!

"Because their aren't any"

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 12th, 2008, 04:28 PM
a response because I can!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
February 12th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I feel the same way. I would tell a story but it is a short nasty one so I won't.

What should we talk about???

LA_MERC_Nutria
February 12th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Let's talk about Steak and BJ Day... I would participate but I can't seem to reach.... hehe

LA_MERC_FragFood
February 12th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Bah. I liked the old thread better.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 12th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Yea, me too..where is the old thread anyway? I went looking for it.. but its gone.

did it die, and I didn't get the memo?

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 12th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Chapter one of a story I'm writing

The backpack was a lot heavier than he thought it would be. Then again, after walking a mile from his parked car in the July heat with an admittedly heavy backpack, anyone would think it were unbearably heavy. Thankfully, he was close to where he wanted to be – a parking garage located near the walking mall in downtown Helena, Montana.

He walked past the Irish pub on the corner, peculiarly located in a town with a low Irish population, but a welcomed destination for those parched and in need of a cold pint of Smithwicks or Guinness. The stairs for the parking garage were located on the side of the structure, and he made his way to the second level where he knew few people would be at that time of day.

The smells of leaking gasoline, old oil and exhaust affronted his senses. He stopped at the doorway and listened for the sound of someone walking. Hearing no-one, he exited the stairwell and began walking up the row of parked cars. He was not looking for any specific car; any one would do, really.

Having picked his target vehicle, and having checked once again for someone walking toward or away from their parked car, he slid the backpack off his shoulders and lay down on the ground next to the grey Dodge minivan. He slipped his hand into a cotton glove that he was carrying in his pocket, and then touched the side of the minivan. “You have been chosen,” he whispered.

He crawled under the van, unzipped his backpack, and removed the three pipe bombs and a small box that he had been carrying around with him for the last half hour. He had painstakingly assembled them in his parent’s garage from directions that he found on the internet, but had also taken the time to make some slight modifications to the design. The one foot length of pipe was capped at both ends and contained a mixture of gun powder and a homemade accelerant that he had tested several weeks ago while hiking in a remote area south of town.

He attached the three bombs and the small box to the undercarriage of the van with strong magnets and then attached wires to all three bombs that ended back at the box. The box contained a small circuit with a clock that, once started, would send a charge to the blasting caps on the bombs at a completely random time, thus detonating them and destroying the vehicle that they were attached to. He also attached another wire from the driveshaft of the van to a quick release switch that started the clock when the van started moving.

He double checked his bombs to ensure that they were firmly attached; didn’t want one to fall off. He quietly zipped up his backpack, and then listened for any activity around him. Hearing nothing, he crawled out from under the minivan, removed his glove, put his bag back on his shoulder, and exited the parking structure the way he had come.

He smiled to himself as he thought: his first kill would be happening soon.

waltersw15
February 13th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Tech, it sounds like you are crying out for help. I've read about these kind of things before, and it seems like you are showing the warning signs of somebody about to do something bad. The person attaching the bombs to the minivan is YOU.

Maybe those cold sub-zero winters are having a negative effect on you :)

LA_MERC_Nutria
February 13th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Tech, it sounds like you are crying out for help. I've read about these kind of things before, and it seems like you are showing the warning signs of somebody about to do something bad. The person attaching the bombs to the minivan is YOU.

Maybe those cold sub-zero winters are having a negative effect on you :)

Ummm.. I can tell you that you are completely WRONG! I vent... if you would see a quarter of the things I write you would want me institutionalized.

LA_MERC_goose
February 13th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I don't see them and I still want you warded!

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 13th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Hehe...no no...not a cry for help, I promise. I mean, I should know, right? These are just some things I dream up a simple plot line for and then make a story out of them.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 13th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Either way Scott, you spend entirely too much time at Yeti Sports

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 13th, 2008, 09:03 AM
lmao, this is true. It's gooses fault though!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 13th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Well that's not saying much. Everything is Goose's fault.

LA_MERC_goose
February 13th, 2008, 10:13 AM
HEY! What the hell did I do now?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM
HEY! What the hell did I do now?

Well.. to start with you were born,

After that... take your pick :stick

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Pretty much all down hill from there...

Big_ch33se
February 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I dont know whats worse, the scary terror plots runnin thru tech's head or the verbal assault goose just got mowed down with.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 13th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I dont know whats worse, the scary terror plots runnin thru tech's head or the verbal assault goose just got mowed down with.

...or the Big Cheese getting confused at such trivial things.

Tech break from the parking garage scene after the south of town mention. Peel off to a flash back about Disc Golfing in Scratch Gravel hills, and blowing up his test bomb.

Then back to the garage. Make sure an unsuspecting child psychologist w/ 6 kids owns the mini van, and she was headed to a house to have an affair on her husband.

I just wanted to help.

waltersw15
February 13th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Man rook, that sounds a little too personal. You're not holding any grudges are you? :)

Sometimes, I have to worry about Tech. After all, what is Hitler listening to in those headphones? Maybe some Shifting Midnight?

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 13th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Nah...Hitler was a Static X fan. lmao!

Rook, isn't Scratch Gravel north of town though? What's the mountain north west of the valley?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 13th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Yes it is. There really is not much south of town....oh wait those 500,000 houses are all there now.

Your not talking about Greymont or you. The ski hill?

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
February 16th, 2008, 12:34 PM
The awesomeness of this thread deserves a bump...

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/WBHighwind/fatbump.gif

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 16th, 2008, 02:36 PM
How about this bump :)

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1862/wiggly20bump20copyib0.jpg

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==