PDA

View Full Version : Episode Two - Achievements

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 5th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I don't know how many people have played this yet, but I've been enjoying the heck out of it. Well, with one exception: those venom spiders! Man, I hate those things!

It took me a while to get to Episode 2, but I went back and play HL2 and then Eps 1 in order to refresh the storyline in my mind. It has worked out pretty well since they seem pretty fluid with one story moving right into the next.

I'm curious as to how many people have completed all of the achievements (or even most of them). They seem to be pretty easy to obtain except for a select few. I haven't been able to figure out how to get "Payback" and I missed a few of the larvae along the way (Aaaahhh!). I'll go back through it and complete some of those next time around. So what do you think about Eps 2 and the achievements in general? BTW, if you know an easy way to get "Payback", let me know.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 5th, 2008, 03:57 PM
well, as much as I want to play it, im still not paying 50 $ for it.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 5th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Just finished up Episode 2. Wow, crazy ending.

BTW, YD. If you've got just a general beef with Valve, then that it is understandable. Just checking Steam, it says that Eps 2 is $30 by itself. It was definitely worth that to me. Portal is $20 and that was definitely worth it. TF2? Haven't played it $5 worth yet. Of course, just wait a couple years and you can get it with the "beige" box or whatever it will be called.

COD 4 was awesome. HL 2 Eps 2 was awesome. Now on to Halo 3... yea I know.. a little behind schedule.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Just checking Steam, it says that Eps 2 is $30 by itself.

Thanks Doc.. thats kind of what I'm waiting on.. AS bad as I want to play it, when it first came out, I just could not justify the 50, to 55 dollars for all the add ons it was coming with, just to play Episode 2, I figured as time went by, they would release it by itself... but 30 dollars is still a bit steep for me, considering we only plaid like 19.99 for Episode 1, I know I'm penny pinching here... But that has to do more with Valve, and the principal of the whole thing.

Rollout
February 7th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I got the Orange Box for X-Mas, just started playing Episode:1, when I get out of this wet hole with electricity,I'll try #2. What is an "achievement"??

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 7th, 2008, 11:37 AM
when I get out of this wet hole with electricity

LOL, dude I so remember that..LOL

some Freeky stuff in Ep 1.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 7th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I got the Orange Box for X-Mas, just started playing Episode:1, when I get out of this wet hole with electricity,I'll try #2. What is an "achievement"??

Have you tried Portal yet? It has achievements as well. Achievements are very similar to ribbons or badges in BF2. They introduced them in Eps 2, Portal and TF2. They have one in Eps 2 that you get when you kill 30 enemies with thrown object. I think it is called "Bone Breaker" achievement.

BTW, Portal rocks.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 12th, 2008, 08:48 AM
For those interested in The Orange Box, Amazon has it today (Feb 12th) for $29.99. Yellow Dog... now is your chance. This includes HL2, HL2 Episodes 1 and 2, Portal and a few odds and ends.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 12th, 2008, 10:07 AM
OK, that sounds fair enough :)

waltersw15
February 12th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Man, Jimmy, you are always on top of the good deals! I went ahead and ordered it today. I set it to do the super saver shipping as I still haven't finished the regular, and eps. 1 yet.

By the way, Doc, if you still need the original and eps. 1 gifted to your son, I should be able to do that once the orange box gets here.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 12th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Ordered it...

now thats the price they should have been charging for it... I can see 19.99 for EP2, and I don't mind throwing in another 10 for the other games in the set.

Thanks DOC!

waltersw15
February 13th, 2008, 05:54 AM
I agree. I think I was against paying $50 just because they packaged up the original and episode 1 that I already had. It was just their marketing to try to get people to gift the original so that others can get into it.

I think paying about 1/2 the original price is fair enough for me. Besides hearing Doc go on about episode 2 and Portal seems like that $30 is still money well spent.

LA_MERC_Maverick
February 14th, 2008, 10:46 AM
hehe, day after thanksgiving best buy had the orange box on sale for $25, picked it up then, but my wife told me i couldnt open it til xmas :( havent finished ep:1 yet, but plan on playing all of it, tf2 and portal are awesome games, portal has got to be one of the best "fun" games ive played

Rollout
February 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Just finished Ep 1, now omto Ep 2

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 14th, 2008, 02:31 PM
hehe, day after thanksgiving best buy had the orange box on sale for $25, picked it up then,

Gee thanks Jason, how bout not looking out for your Brothers hear.. its all
about you, never thinking about the other poor souls who could use a price break like that.

I see how you want to be...:stick

waltersw15
February 14th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, just think, that $5.00 could have went to the clan. Instead, we are having to turn it over to Steam.

Rollout
February 14th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah, like "The Dog" said!!!!! I paid full price at X-Mas....but it is still worth it!!!!!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==