PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State should be banned....

LA_MERC_Wetzny
January 7th, 2008, 09:40 PM
From ever playing in another BCS National Championship game.... That was poor.

Congrats LSU!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 7th, 2008, 09:54 PM
AMEN BROTHA

GEAUX TIGERS!

SEC OWNZ JOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
January 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM
It wasn't poor for a Big 10 team, just normal. I guess thats what happens with the best of the Big 10 comes down to play in the SEC.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 8th, 2008, 12:23 AM
big 10 should be penalized for creating a farce of skill and stat whoring against noob teams. the ncaa should bar them from competing in bowl games till they have a decent non-conference schedule to help validate the conference. if ohio would have played anyone other than a bunch of flag football teams this year, they might have been better prepared. they are a freakin joke. espn is even more of a joke.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 8th, 2008, 12:30 AM
p.s.
AP poll just released. LSU #1 - no shared crap again this time! (even though a couple of the anouncers at espn were trying to start that sht up again about USC should be #1)

ohio fell to #5

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7650368_18_2.jpg

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Berk and Toby.
You guys hit the preverbial nail right on the head.
I was steaming hot pissed watching ESPN before the game and that shared crap kept coming back. Even made the Wells early score that much more scary. But I was glad to see the cream rise to the top as it should have.
GEAUX TIGERS!

I mean come one, OSU didn't play a top 20 team all year and played one less game. LSU had half their schedule as top 20 teams. Good lord. That was a fun game to watch.

LA_MERC_Spark
January 8th, 2008, 08:02 AM
so sweet too... did anyone watch Kirk Herbstreet say that maybe the big 10 is more on par with the WAC and Conf USA! I was LMFAO! Then the coach says na you can't say that because you could say the same thing about the PAC10. I'm thinking to myself YES.. that is EXACTLY right! lol! Top it all off the voters snubbed USC and put Georgia, a team that didn't even PLAY for the SEC championship, ahead of them at #2. Great days for LSU... Great days for the SEC!!!

Oh BTW.. next year OSU has USC on their schedule so one of those turds will have a loss kinda early :)

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 8th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Spark, 8 of the 14 games were against teams ranked 17 or above. 3 of those were against top 10 teams. both losses, the opposing team had to go to triple OT to beat LSU. The hardest schedule of any Div 1-A by far and the only team to not loose a game in regulation.

what the hell is with all the commentators of each network predicting the top 5 for pre-season and LSU is not mentioned anywhere??? I know they are loosing quite a few guys, but there is plenty of depth in every position. and everyone who will be starting next year got some great playing time in throughout this year. besides, if you win your conference and the national championship, you should automatically have a #1 birth in the polls for the following season - as a right of winning "king of the hill" and it would be up to you to loose. Florida should have started this year out at #1.

for next year, they predict either florida or usc ranked at #1. Some of them even have the audacity to mention ohio should be #1 ??????? I would put UGA over florida preseason. (and fire any comentator that suggested ohio to be anywhere near the top 10 if I washead of that media outlet)
something like:
LSU
UGA
WV
Florida
Oklahoma

LSU is going to have an even tougher schedule next year. having to play florida on the road and UGA. there's going to be a long stretch of hard games in a row:
Auburn - always a tough game
Miss St. - Sylvester has this team almost back to SEC champ contendor level
Florida - same team as this year, just grown up a little
S Carolina - always dangerous.
Georgia - going to be a battle.

Sat, Aug 30 North Texas (Tiger Stadium)

Sat, Sep 06 Troy (Tiger Stadium)

Sat, Sep 13 TBD (Tiger Stadium)

Sat, Sep 20 Auburn (Jordan-Hare Stadium)

Sat, Sep 27 Miss State (Tiger Stadium)

Sat, Oct 11 Florida (Ben Hill Griffin Stadium)

Sat, Oct 18 South Carolina (Williams-Brice Stadium)

Sat, Oct 25 Georgia (Tiger Stadium)

Sat, Nov 01 Tulane (Tiger Stadium)

Sat, Nov 08 Alabama (Tiger Stadium)

Sat, Nov 22 Ole Miss (Tiger Stadium)

Sat, Nov 29 Arkansas (War Memorial Stadium)

LA_MERC_Spark
January 8th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Spark, 8 of the 14 games were against teams ranked 17 or above. 3 of those were against top 10 teams. both losses, the opposing team had to go to triple OT to beat LSU. The hardest schedule of any Div 1-A by far and the only team to not loose a game in regulation.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to explain to me here? lol! My comment was about the fact the the USC supporters and the BIG 10's main voices on ESPN actually said that the BIG10 is week and by their votes that USC is too. Over the past few years ESPN has slowly started mentioning the SEC. Now this year Herbstreet, the MOST staunch USC supporter of all, has mentioned on more than one occasion that the SEC is the toughest conf in college football. A big step for that guy, and a huge boost to the SEC in general.

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 8th, 2008, 10:07 AM
In as much as LATech is in the WAC, and in as much as I speak for LATech quite often, we take offense at the insinuation that the Big 10 is anywhere near our caliber...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 8th, 2008, 10:18 AM
LOL Tech. I think Monroe, Tech and Tulan could whip up on at least 8 or 9 of the big 10 teams.

Sorry Spark, meant that for Andy. was just clarifying what he said about half of LSU's games were against top 20 teams.

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Gotta love it

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 8th, 2008, 01:00 PM
haha awesome.

LA_MERC_Drax
January 8th, 2008, 02:59 PM
0 and 9 was our chant on bourbon street, it pissed them off.

So i just made it back in, last night was crazy, did a few puking and rallying moments, i can recall throwin up twice, althought i heard it was more. Then the kicker to the story is today. I parked my truck in the quarter near the bar where we watched the game. I walked back over to that area to find my truck not there. So i walk over to the impound lot, not there, then talked to OnStar, they couldn't help me out, and then I was on my way riding to the cop station to file a stolen vehicle report. Coming down the hotel parking garage, i see a truck that looks like mine, but no LSU flags on it. I press my keypad to find out it is my truck. So after sitting on the phone for an hour, walking all over the quarter, turns out my damn truck was sittin in the garage. I don't have any memory past halftime, and after rallying back a couple times, i could barely stand, and then somehow i drove? i amaze myself sometimes.

Big_ch33se
January 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Love the O and nine pic. Drax you are an idiot. Great game and good to finally here and see all the vindication of my own beliefs that LSU is the best team this year and that the SEC is by far the best conference in all the land. If LSU is not in the top 5 to start next year, then I will be highly pissed since that will make it hard for them to catch up with the top 4. That is til they pwnzors the entire conference once again including that whining UGA biotch. Geaux Tigers!

LA_MERC_goose
January 8th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Who is the cheese fella again? He only shows up long enough to make a single statement every 10 weeks. WTH!?

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 9th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Priceless

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM
now thats awesome

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 9th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Sorry Spark, meant that for Andy. was just clarifying what he said about half of LSU's games were against top 20 teams.

LOL, I didn't count the championship game which meant 7 out of 13 (53.8%)
but if so 8 out of 14 (57.1%)
I was making a generalization as I'm sure not everyone tabs the stats like we do. But you're right. I shouldn't leave out our hard earned 3.8 or 7.1% by saying 50.0%.
Keep me honest!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 9th, 2008, 10:18 AM
That is how people get killed. 3 people out of 100 red shirts. Lol. Good thing they are broken and weak.

LA_MERC_Drax
January 9th, 2008, 10:34 AM
OSU did travel, there was a ton of red down there. We went out Sunday night, and i would say it was probably 2 to 1 in favor of the losing team. But the bar we drank and watched game at, we had a handful of OSU fans in there, but they were all pretty cool, hell, two of them even bought me drinks after the game...

When we were tail gating before the game, we nearly got into it with one guy, he apparently couldn't take the 0 and 9 chant, so he pushed my friend back away from him. I just ended up pulling my friend back, didn't want to have to watch the game from OPP. The whippin that pursued inside the dome was good enough for me.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==