PDA

View Full Version : OMFG LSU!!!!

Rollout
November 23rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
What kind of call was that on the 2 pi:violin conversion!!!! It HAD to be play action , NOT a PASS ONLY!!!!!!! Michigan can have him!!!!!!!!! :(

LA_MERC_FragFood
November 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Choked again in OT. Pulled Hester, coulda run that in.

waltersw15
November 23rd, 2007, 06:34 PM
All I have to say is that the first 3 games, we were head and shoulders the number 1 team in the country. Since then, we have always played crappy first halves and tried to pull the game out our butts in the second half. You can only do that so many times. Once again penalties really hurt us. And when you consider the Kentucky and Arkansas 3OT games, our defense just never showed up to stop the other team in any of those games.

The 2-point conversion call sucked. When so much is on the line, I would have though rolling Flynn out to give him time and options would have been a better call even if it failed. When he threw that ball on a timed slant, it had no chance. This may be the most disappointing winning season ever.

What hurts even more is that you know CBS was loving it. I have not heard such poor game calling for LSU games like I have this year. It's like they were dying to see LSU lose. Oh well, now they did. Can you say West Virginia vs Kansas for the dumbest BCS championship matchup.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 24th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Now we know that the loss of Charles Alexander was much bigger than anyone realized. Combined with the pile of injuries to Dorsey, Steltz, and Beckwith, and we just couldn't last until December. Sigh. The worst part is having to put up with whoever is in NOLA for the NC game. I guess I'll stay home for New Year's this year.

LA_MERC_Drax
November 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Well im just coming around the stooper i drank myself into last night, what a f'n annoying loss, i can't stand losing to ark or auburn, and now alabama has made that list. Good thing i'm having a keg party today...

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 24th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Les lost that on purpose so he could take the Michigan job without having to worry about a National Championship.

We threw only 1 long pass in 2 games! We have the receivers, why not use them every once in a while. Also, those 2 long break out runs by Arkansas killed us.

Rollout
November 24th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Drax, can we ALL come over!!!!! Sounds fun!!!!!! :)

LA_MERC_Drax
November 25th, 2007, 11:03 AM
We'll, got the keg floated with about 10 people, couple of people ending up yacking, but not this trooper. Now, time to fry some hot wings and drink more beers!

Daedelus
November 25th, 2007, 12:16 PM
oh man so sorry guys that was a ruff game. i was on vacation all this week and our vacation started bad with Dixon ( QB for oregon) getting hurt in his last game and loosing the game. Its so hard when your team is doing so well to still have the same joy when they loose and fall down in the rankings.

Good thing. even though i didnt watch all the game i did watch Missouri wooping on kansas 21 to 0 when i turned it off hopefully they lost too. :)
It dose seem like it going to be a stupid BCS title game now with some team that was back in like 9th place or something getting to play for #1.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 25th, 2007, 10:38 PM
yeah, kansas found out it's hard to play against a team that's actually decent. they scored a few times at the end of the 3rd and in the 4th, but the final was something like 39 -21. WV impressed me a lot with their win.

some crazy crap this year:
I can't believe VT is ranked above LSU after the whooping they took in the beginning of the year.
I can't believe GA is ranked 4th w/2 losses and still not going to play in the SEC championship or probably even a BCS bowl.
There is a small possibility that a 2 loss team could play in the NC game against Ohio. (highly unlikely both Mizzo and WV would loose their last games though)
I am rooting for Hawaii to play in a BCS bowl. I read some back story on them and how hard they tried to get some tough non-conference games and even got paid off by michigan to cancel a game. I don't think these guys are stellar, but they have heart.
Countdown begins for the Saban refund. SEC has contracts for 9 spots in various bowls. there are 10 SEC eligible teams. either South Carolina or bama will sit out the post-season. I hope the gamecocs go to a bowl and coc k block bama. LOL mainly because it would be a failure for saban, but also because S.C. played great this year and should get another chance to show their talent. If Spurrier doesn't come to LSU, S.C. will be a strong force in the SEC for many years to come.

Cry_Me_A_River
November 26th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Les lost that on purpose so he could take the Michigan job without having to worry about a National Championship.

We threw only 1 long pass in 2 games! We have the receivers, why not use them every once in a while. Also, those 2 long break out runs by Arkansas killed us.
Conspiracy!!!

:)

landman
November 26th, 2007, 03:07 PM
yeah i was sad about that i drove 10 hours to see that game :(

Big_ch33se
November 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM
LSU should still be number 4 in the poll with a chance to play OSU if 1 nd 2 lose, and I believe mizz will lose. Instead they put georgia and FLIPPIN VT ahead of us. What a crock, although I will say that LSU could have just won the friggin game to avoid this shafting by the polls.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 26th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I can see GA being ahead of LSU (though, that's nuts and how could they possibly play for the NC when they can't even win their half of the conference). But VT has no business being ahead of LSU. I don't think kansas should be above LSU either based on strength of schedule and the only ranked team they played kicked their ass.

can't believe I'm going to say this, but the AP poll actually has it right this week.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
November 27th, 2007, 06:48 AM
WE BEAT TEXAS!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! season complete.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
November 27th, 2007, 07:12 AM

I love that A&M beat Texas. We have some UT alum in our Houston office and they are intolerable. This at least shuts them up for a year. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about Highwind.

waltersw15
November 27th, 2007, 10:53 AM

And Francionne quit. It's like win-win!!

LA_MERC_Drax
November 27th, 2007, 01:00 PM
this your brother david?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=dw-playoff112707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

And would this be a lovely thing to see in college football....

waltersw15
November 27th, 2007, 09:15 PM
It won't happen until the old farts that are running the show now die off and the next generation of leaders (who want the playoff) start taking over. However, the dream is nice.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
November 28th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Fran quit so he wouldn't get fired. I was at the game and it was an ass kicking. The score didn't reflect the game at all. The whole time we were wondering why the hell the team didnt play like this all season. The answer being because Fran threw the game plan out the window and started playing with some sort of reckless abandon and letting his players play to their skills to make plays. How can we go from being blown out by a crappy miami team to basically bowing out a decent tu team?

As for the new coach, 2 year grace period begins now...

Rollout
November 29th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Nice exit interview with your "X" coach, I'm outts here, see ya!!!!*(&%*&$%^&$&^%&%$ TOO FUNNY LMAO!!!! :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==