PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys.. This threads about my Dad

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 20th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Well, my Dad went to the hospital this morning for a Heart Cath... they suspected he may have a problem with one of his valves.. I'm not sure witch one though... well it turns out its only half working I think.. I don't know that much at this point... but I've taken the rest of the day off to go be at the hospital and do whatever my Mom needs done.. I do know at this point he will need surgery to fix it... but they suspect some kind of infection at the valve... it may be old scaring if so they will fix the valve.. if its current.. then they have to clear that up as well before they can do anything else. So All im asking for is your thoughts and prayers... For those that do....

I am not one to ask for a whole lot, but I appreciate y'all listening in.

LA_MERC_Spark
November 20th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Hope everything works out for your pops dawg. Keep us posted!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 20th, 2007, 12:29 PM
You can't keep an Ol' Yeller down. If he is full of as much P&V as you, he will come through this.

Our thoughts and Prayers,

Rook and family.

LA_MERC_goose
November 20th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Hollar at me Parker, I'll be there for you buddy.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
November 20th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Be thinking of you and your dad parker..keep us posted.

waltersw15
November 20th, 2007, 02:00 PM
My family will keep you dad in our prayers.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 20th, 2007, 03:09 PM
We're here for you bro.

Chi_Townz
November 20th, 2007, 07:35 PM
You can't keep an Ol' Yeller down. If he is full of as much P&V as you, he will come through this.
Our thoughts and Prayers,

I second this!

BTW, the first time my wife met my father was when he was in the hospital for quadruple.. All 4.. bypass surgery.

Its been over 15 years. And hes still as ornery as an ox!

With todays medicine, he will be fine!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 21st, 2007, 12:00 PM
Thoughts and Prayers brother!!! Best to your Pops and all!!

LA_MERC_Sniper
November 21st, 2007, 04:17 PM
HEy parker if ya need anything let me know Brother

LA_MERC_Shadow
November 21st, 2007, 04:22 PM
Praying for yall!! If it's just one of his valves that's not bad. It's normally a quicker surgery than if it was a bypass. Sometimes they'll do bypasses at the same time so he doesn't have to come back in the near future. All of it's scary so good luck and best wishes.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 22nd, 2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks guys... A little update.. so far I think the doctors are leaning towards the abnormalities on his heart valve being scar tissue.. I don't think the biopsy has grow any bacteria.. " This is good " it means if its not any kind of infection, or bacteria they can go ahead and fix the valve hopefully the first of next week. Instead of dragging the things out for 6 weeks of antibiotics,,, then takeing another sample and so on to clear up that issue before operating..

For my dads sake.. I want him to get this behind him,, so he can get on the road to recovery, and back to normal.. And hopfully better than he was before...seams this valve was makeing him feel bad... and new one will improve his blood flow, and generaly make him feel a whole lot better...

Im just thankful we found out about it this way instead of picking him up off the floor one day and rushing him to the hospital.. after a stroke or somthing like that..

Daedelus
November 25th, 2007, 12:27 PM
thank for the update. keep us up to date what going on,Iam sure once they go in there they will get him all fixed up( squirt alitte Oil on the valve and get it working again) with todays medicine and surg. he should be better soon.
and it sort of nice once you find out what is wrong IE: leakey valve leads to blood flow problems causing the weakness and fatigue because of blood flow issues etc. its just good to finally have answers..

Like at work a co-worker kept having passing out type spells and would be feeling loopy/real groggy for periods of time enoguh that we though some one was slipping her something bad. ended up being a 90% clotted corotide artery in her right neck. it would cut off blood flow and puff loopyness and passing out so they whent in and rooter rootered it i think and cleared it out. and she feeling much beter.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 25th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I hear ya Daed.. BTW, we should know tomorrow what the plans are for the surgery. " Hes dose not have any active bacterial growth on the valve so it looks like possible surgery to fix the valve...

Daedelus
November 27th, 2007, 09:29 PM
ok cool let us know when they got it all set up.
hey just a sugestion i hear alot of people tell me. you know how when your having surgery/operation people always look at how well the surgeon is like qualification wise/success stories etc. i hear the best person to get to know is the anistetiologist ( i know i spelled that wrong lol) make sure they get well rested before the operation. i have heard stories of a place having many surgeons and say one anestitst. and they can be worked long hours 20+ i wouldn't whant him working on me after 20 hours of work also heard storries of people not gettting enough knock out juice and waking up mid procedure or oppisite getting to sedated and not coming out of it. so i would definatly check that out.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 30th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Update on my dad guys,,, he made it through the surgery good,,, hes now off the ventilator.. and we have been able to go back and talk to him. Hes in a lot of pain.. but the bad parts over with I think.. Hes just got to get better now... It hurts to see the man who raised you laid up in a bed... in a whole heap of pain... but its all good so long as he gets better,,, and from what the Doctor told us... he will be a Lot better than he was before..... Ohhh. and hes got to quit smoking.. he don't have an option..

I've been hear since 5:30 am and am still here... may go home in a couple of hours when my mom leaves, but I'm not going till she does.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 30th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Great news Dog...hope the news keeps getting better.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 30th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Great to hear yella!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 30th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Great News! Will keep praying for ya!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
December 1st, 2007, 02:16 AM
Well Waht they said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

Thoughts and prayers,

Robby

LA_MERC_Sniper
December 1st, 2007, 02:33 PM
glad to hear the good news bud keep me informed

LA_MERC_Shadow
December 1st, 2007, 09:32 PM
also heard storries of people not gettting enough knock out juice and waking up mid procedure or oppisite getting to sedated and not coming out of it.

Uh, I do that for a living and it's rare that this occurs. Like 1 in 10000 surgeries. It does occur, (meaning recall i.e. remembering parts of the surgery) more often in heart procedures, trauma, and giving birth. The reason is not because the anesthesia person is bad at what they do....it's that you are loosing a tremendous amount of blood or your blood pressure is really low in all of those cases. (It does happen in other cases but even more rarely). Sometimes the anesthesia person makes a choice b/w person living and remembering or the person dieing...especially in heart surgeries. All the stuff we give you to make you go to sleep, relax, or forget decreases the function of your heart.

Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine about recall, and off the main subject.

I'm glad to hear that your dad's doing well. He's gonna be hurting for a while and they are going to push him to do a lot; especially in rehab. But he made it through the hardest part.

Big_ch33se
December 1st, 2007, 09:58 PM
Good to hear the good news about your dad. Hope everything works out for him. Best wishes dawg!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 6th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Guys just an update.. for those interested.. my dad's still in the hospital, he was going to go home yesterday, then today.. and now it looks like it may be Saturday.. hes been having what they call Atrial Fibrillation.. His hearts been beating very fast.. like out of control in the middle of the night... So hes not going home yet.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
December 6th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Atrial Fibrillation.....sounds scary, but They will get under control with meds. Wish him the best Yeller.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
December 6th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Still interested here, YellowDog. Also, still hoping he is home soon with all of this a distant memory. Thanks for the update!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==