PDA

View Full Version : Come one, Come all. Help Needed

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 8th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Hey guys, it looks like we will have to move the server that houses our website and files to another location. The problem is that we will be limited to rack space that the server can occupy.

Currently, we have a tower but we need to downsize to a 2U rack mountable case. I will provide the case/mobo/processor/ram but I would like to see if we could get some donations towards replacing the hard drives. We have been very fortunate up to this time to have the equipment, bandwidth, and server space donated. Any of you in the computer/server industry might know what bandwidth and rack space cost is not cheap.

If you enjoy our members and our website, please feel free to help out. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Rollout
November 8th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Give us some prices, we can help!!!

waltersw15
November 8th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I would be glad to see what I can do to help out.

LA_MERC_Shadow
November 9th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Yeah Tob, just tell us how much we're looking at so we can donate.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 9th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I know where I can get a bunch of used 120GB hard drives :)

Ab1dab1
November 10th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I don't have access to used parts, but I'll put up money to help the cause. Just setup a paypal or send me info where to send a check.

Abi

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 10th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Abi, you see the make a donation on the left side of the page.. just use that. Thats our account for just these type of things. Dont mind that it says LAN Horizon on the accout, it was set up originally to handle all the Lan entries we had back when we were putting on BIG lans.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==