PDA

View Full Version : The " O "

Daedelus
November 4th, 2007, 09:48 PM
whole cow that was a great game this sat. against arizona had me worried before the game.
This is such a great time of year, i was just thinking how the other day in another post we where just talking about LSU having such great games and moving up the polls. And we where sort of down there ranked around 11 or 9 or something and then that close game we had Vs CAL. set us back. only to have us climbing back up i think the poll i looked at tonight had the Ducks ranked at #3 and guese who but LSU at #2 great job guys.
I dont know if we got any ohio state fans in the clan( dont whant to ruffle any feathers hehe) duck's-feathers. But i sure am hoping they get knocked off from #1.
It looks like some easy games coming up for the rest of our schedule but this year you never know.I am sort of hoping to see Oregon Vs LSU in the BCS title game that would be a blast.. what do you guys think?

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
November 5th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I'm on the outside looking in being an Aggie. Damn our coaching sux... It was funny hearing the ESPN commentators all game question every move our coaches made. How this staff stayed employed after a 77-0 conference loss is beyond me. I cant wait for the end of the season so they all get the ax.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Arizona hadn't really played anyone all year. I think they were over rated to start with.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Actually I'm hoping that Ohio and LSU make it to the BCS title game so that for the second year in a row we have an SEC team kick the snot of of Ohio so they start to realize how dominating and tough the SEC is and over ranked Ohio is.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 5th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I'm hoping Ohio gets knocked off so it can be LSU and Oregon.

LA_MERC_Drax
November 5th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I'd like for LSU to play a pac-10 team, just to lay down the law nationwide about the SEC

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 5th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I hope Dixon's knee is okay or else the trip in the top five could be short lived. I personally think OSU has a tough road adainst Illinois & Michigan. Kansas also has it's hands full with the Big 12 CG looming.

LSU "should" coast into the SEC CG, God knows who it will be against though.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 5th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Either Georgia or Tenn. If they both win out, it will be Tenn. since the beat GA. If Tenn. looses any of the 3 SEC games it has left, then GA will be in the conference game.

I just hope LSU get's their crap together and starts playing to their potential. like they did in the first 3-4 games and in the 1st quarter of the Bama game.

LA_MERC_Drax
November 5th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I'm not gonna overlook the Arkansas game, it usually gives us some trouble.

LA_MERC_Shadow
November 5th, 2007, 09:10 PM
LSU seems to squeak by every game. It's like they come to play at first and then get lost only to make a push at the end to win. WTF! I don't know wat's going on with the penalty's this year. Yeah, I know bad calls up to a point but really when are we going to get this under control? And Im talking about stupid mistakes like movement and ruffing the passer.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 5th, 2007, 09:57 PM
right offensive tackle #71 should have been demoted to bench warmer long ago. he has more false starts and holding penalties than all other LSU penalties combined this year. Toby knows all to well my dislike of #71. not to mention, when he isn't getting a penalty, he's letting people run by him into the pocket. many times I've seen him just lay down on the ground immediately after the snap. I have no idea what the hell the coaches are thinking letting him continue to be on the field for us.

LA_MERC_Shadow
November 5th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Same thing they are thinking by letting Flynn throw to Lafell. He's got to lead the team with drops. It does no good for him to get open if he can't hold on to it.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 6th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I'm hoping Ohio gets knocked off so it can be LSU and Oregon.

^5

I think Michigan will beat the snot out of Ohio. Ohio played ONE ranked team this year and that team was ranked around 23rd/24th. Ohio has had it easy and still almost lost a couple. Kansas is the same way while Oregon looks to be a decent team.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 6th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Same thing they are thinking by letting Flynn throw to Lafell. He's got to lead the team with drops. It does no good for him to get open if he can't hold on to it.

try leading the league....

I think most teams have stopped covering him when he's on the field. it lets them double up on #9.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 15th, 2007, 11:31 PM
sorry Daedelus, looks like the ducks are out of the running. hopefully dixon doesn't have any torn ligaments. I know Toby's sulking cause he lost his chance for tickets to the NC game.

upsets aren't done for the weekend. I have a feeling Oklahoma is going to loose to Texas tech, Ohio is going to get stomped. W. Virginia is going to have a hard time with their game too. I just hope LSU can play their last 4 games like they played their first 4.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 16th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Sucks Oregon lost, without Dixon they are a different team. That's the trick with the option offense, if your Qb is out it's not going to be nearly as smooth for the offense. Especially when the Qb is the best guy on the team.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 16th, 2007, 07:31 AM
yep, and their running back Stewart got hurt in the 3rd quarter and didn't come back in. they are going to be in bad shape for their game next week.

so what happens if Az St. beats USC this saturday, then Arizona beats Az St. next week???? who would be pac10 champion? would a 3 loss team ranked around the 20's still go to the BCS Rose Bowl???

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 16th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Well whatever happened last night Just opened the door for either KU, MU or OU into the title game (if one of the three run the table) God help us all if fecking Kansas does.. I'm about to puke my guts out listening to all the KU faggots boasting about their team, and IT'S NOT EVEN BASKETBALL SEASON!!! WTF!!! I hate the fecking Chicken Hawks... Thanks Oregon...

waltersw15
November 16th, 2007, 08:51 AM
so what happens if Az St. beats USC this saturday, then Arizona beats Az St. next week???? who would be pac10 champion? would a 3 loss team ranked around the 20's still go to the BCS Rose Bowl???

That's exactly what would happen. Each of the conference winners from the BCS conferences gets an automatic bid into a BCS game. And the Rose Bowl will definitely want its PAC-10 vs Big 10 (errrr 11) matchup.

waltersw15
November 16th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure if I would want another matchup with OU, but they are definitely a more prestigious football program than the other 3-4 candidates lined up in the top 6.

Besides, I wouldn't mind putting it to Stoops again.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 16th, 2007, 10:22 AM
There is no way Kansas will make it past missouri. I love how most of the sports announcers are saying KU will "run the table". there's no way they will win out. they haven't faced anyone near the same level as Oklahoma and Missouri. Missouri will loose to Oklahoma in the big 12 game. Problem for Oklahoma is that they will loose tomorrow to Texas Tech. W. Virginia will loose to cincinatti tomorrow, and Arz. St. will loose to Arizona in 2 weeks. Ohh, and Ohio will get their butts handed to them by Michigan. Hopefully LSU will win out. If so, they will play V. Tech again for the NC.

Rollout
November 16th, 2007, 10:34 AM
They have gotta quit drink'in up there in the woods Wetzy, KS is not sneaking in, rest assured!!!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 16th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Well I pray not... Mangina is a fecking moron.. Anyway, here are my thoughts.

Kansas has played unbelievable football for the last 6 weeks, is it as stout a schedule as some others? No but thats the draw this year in the Big 12, nothing they can do about it.

Kansas can run the ball, plain and simple. They have a big bruiser Brandon McAnderson averaging 6.2 yards per carry in the backfield that can eat the clock, he's big and can really run between the tackles. Combined with a young kid named Jake Sharpe averaging 5.8 per carry (who runs like LSU's Hester) it's a very nice tandem.

Kansas does not turn the ball over. Period. In 10 games Kansas has fumbled 11 times and lost 7. The QB Reesing is a poor mans Mini-Tom Brady. Believe me it KILLS ME to say that or make that comparison. (But I've watched this team ALOT unable to believe what I'm seeing!) The kid can move in the pocket, he has a big experienced O-line and he never seems to make a bad decision. If he continues to play like he has, they won't lose to Missouri at Arrowhead. IMHO. The kids numbers are unreal 26 td tosses and what 4picks? His passer rating is 151.8. Unreal, if that continues they have a REAL shot at the Title Game...

Kansas is one of the LEAST penalized teams in the nation. They don't false start, jump into the neutral zone or commit stupid penalties at crucial times. Call it a fluke if you like, but teams who Don't BEAT themselves have an advantage, right now KU doesn't even SLOW themselves down with silly mistakes and haven't all year. Writing this is KILLING ME!

Barring a game COMPELETLY OUT OF CHARACTOR for this team, Kansas WILL be in both games with Mizzu and Ou, I predict they will beat Missouri and if they lose it will be only narrowly to OU. KU is playing out their ARSE right now, and I've been wanting, WAITING for them to fall flat, and they haven't. They're for real and considering they are this close to the WHOLE enchilada, I don't think they'll beat themselves now. If KU comes out this weekend and destroys Iowa State, (KU is favored by 28) and continues to handle themselves like they have, I don't see Missouri slowing them down. OU will have a more experienced and Deeper team and I think Stoops can out coach the FAT-Maningo, but that game will be very close...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 17th, 2007, 10:27 PM
well, I was close. Ohio looked pitiful against michigan but pulled out the win cause the both suck.

OU lost to Texas Tech. yeah, I know their qb went down, but that didn't change anything. OU's D couldn't stop TT. TT's qb was 47 for 72 w/ 420 yrds passing. they made some bad calls at the end which let OU have the ball longer and score a couple TD's they shouldn't have.

W. Virgina almost lost to Cincinnati. how about the 70 pass for a TD in the 1st Q. they were coming back, but in the end, not enough time. 5 point game. next week, W. Virgina will have a little tougher challenge.

How about Hawaii, FG for the win with 11 sec. to go. they are going to get creamed by Boise St.

So, Kansas looses to Missouri next week. Missouri looses to OU (maybe Texas, depends on OU's game next week). If W. Virgina looses next week, that locks in LSU and Ohio (if LSU wins out). If Ohio lost to Michigan today.... it would be either Arz. St. or VTech rematch....

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 18th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Down goes OU!... Holy cow... well so much for Stoops having to out-coach FatGino... Kansas vs. Mizzou should be a good one.. Thankfully its nearly like a playoff, except for OU blowing their title shot with a lose at woeful Texas Tech. Now destiny is in the hands of both Missouri and Kansas, take care of business and have a shot at the title! Unreal!!

The Hatred between these schools is real, the rivalry was called the Border War until it was modified in the name of Political Correctness! The basketball games are traditionally ugly affairs with most of the physical stuff occurring in Columbia. The game will be entertaining and very physical.

KU went out yesterday and destroyed a team they should destroy. They took care of business and looked like a well oiled machine doing it. Reesing's numbers looked gaudy again and now he's gone 205 straight attempts with out a pick. While other teams are finding ways to lose, KU keeps winning.

MU let K-State hang around and score a truck load of points on them, that may be the Achilles heel of Mizzou.. Defense.

I still can't believe two wins puts the Jayhawks in the Title game. I put their chances at about 65/35 right now...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 18th, 2007, 01:10 PM
What? 65/35??? they will fold when they play an actual team. I give them maybe a 10-20% chance. tell me who on this list is even a halfway decent team that they have played?

09/01 C Michigan
09/08 SE Louisiana
09/15 Toledo
09/22 Fla Int'l
10/06 at #24 Kansas St
10/13 Baylor
10/20 at Colorado
10/27 at Texas A&M
11/03 Nebraska
11/10 at Oklahoma St
11/17 Iowa St

Ok St. scored 28pts on them
Nebraska scored 39pts
Kansa St. scored 24 pts
they beat colorado by 5 points
they beat A&M by 8 points

It the same thing as Hawaii, when they face a team that is capable of running with the big dogs, they are going to get beat down.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 18th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Say what you will, they are talented and playing well. Are they capable of winning the the next two? Yes, very much so.

Schedules are the Schedules, they won on the road at KSU, on the road at A&M on the road at OSU, on the road at CU.

A win is a win; doesn't matter whether it's five or fifty-five, and every team in the nation has had close calls "big Dog" or not. The bottom line is they are a very good team, playing loose and very well. I'm not a KU grad, KU fan or supporter. In fact I despise KU, and have for the longest time. But I'm a realist and the facts are the facts. They're 11-0, with two games separating them from the National Championship game.

I think based on what I saw from OU at Texas Tech and considering OU knew they controlled THEIR own destiny and still flopped and seeing Missouri in person at KSU, with KSU's weak O-line at times DOMINATING MU I think KU is the Better of the three teams right now. Will they choke? Will they Shiot down their own leg when it's crunch time, don't know. But based on what I've seen and come to accept, they probably won't and that being the case, I don't think OU or MU is likely to Whip KU. One mans opinion. I stand at 65/35 KU wins the next two games and plays for the title... I can't believe I'm saying this, but hey it's my opinion.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 18th, 2007, 01:57 PM
ULM beats Bama!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Happy Birthday!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 18th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I hear that. that was the best news of the whole weekend!!! LMAO

Need to add another to the list:

http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/Saban-Alabama.JPG

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 18th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Wetz, I know where you're coming from, but with that same line of thinking Hawaii would be #1 or #2. It's the same exact case, yes they have a few good stand outs. and they might hold their own for the 1Q, but they don't have the strength, depth or total talent to continually play at a higher level. it's not even close to the same caliber of players. just about anyone in the top 10 would handle them with ease. we will see in 6 days for sure though. I may be trying to find crow somewhere, but I doubt it.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 18th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I said the same thing as KU rolled into Manhattan, then into Boulder, then College Station, then Stillwater. "Oh lets see what they do this week.." or "They haven't played anyone" well the Big 12 schedule is NOT made up by the Coach, they draw the teams they draw and play the games. Oklahoma, lost on the Road at Lubbock, they should have rolled Tech. Kansas has done the same thing week in and week out, no matter the opponnet no matter the location.

In my opinion there is a vast difference between Hawaii and Kansas, light years. There's no doubt we will see in a few days, but I have to give the Fat-Man credit, he's got his team in the perfect position if they continue to play like they have there's no telling what will happen... I will say this however if people continue not to give them credit, sell Kansas short and discredit this or discredit that it only feeds the "Us vs. The World" mentality that EVERY coach loves to employ this time of the year. And Mangino (who was a part of the coaching staff on the great KSU teams of the 90's AND the recent OU National Championship team) will know how to use it as even more motivation to an already seemingly highly motivated team. Read what the Phat-Arse says, Kansas is new to these heights, but Mangino's been here a couple of times, he's no dummy. He's been saying all the right things, for weeks now...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 18th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I hear ya. but it's more of "the world is against us" for Missouri. almost all sports announcers and columnist are saying Kansas is in control of their destiny. Kansas is in the NC game they just need to finish up. etc. etc. Missouri is also in the same position. they win out, and they'll be in the NC game, but no one is really saying that.

besides, don't discredit the curse of #2. LOL

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 18th, 2007, 09:02 PM
came across this article doing a breakdown of the top10 and their potential path. it's actually almost exactly what I've been thinking for the past 2 weeks. (http://cfn.scout.com/2/690603.html)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==