PDA

View Full Version : Still taking Shots at NOLA....

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 23rd, 2007, 09:06 AM
Gee it's amazing people are still taking shots at the looters and mayhem that raged among those who stayed behind in NOLA... Here's San Diego's version of The Superdome... Notice at the end of the story it mentions the gourmet buffet is serving jambalaya, how ironic!!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071023/D8SETS4G0.html

LA_MERC_Spark
October 23rd, 2007, 10:43 AM
meh fuk em... little different when: A) you aren't dealing with 300,000 welfare recipients that can't take care of themselves for **** B) that stadium isn't an island in the middle of a flood. C) you have a local government that is somewhat competent. I guess it is easy to have all that sh!t when you still have things like fresh water, electricity, and roads to travel on... asshats

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 23rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
My thoughts exactly...

AND.. your dealing with what probably amounts to the Upper Crust of society in that area... Lets face it,, you don't have a house in the California Hills living on welfare.

In their Arrogance, they seem to think they have it as bad as NOLA had it 2 years ago.

LA_MERC_Drax
October 23rd, 2007, 12:10 PM
No shooting and rapings? Hmmm, thats not new orleans then...

Biggest difference is the people there, good way to contrast the upper part of society vs the bottom of the barrel.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 23rd, 2007, 12:11 PM
Good points Spark and Yellowdog... What I find interesting about the current natural disaster hitting the US and Katrina is the people in San Diego are LEAVING the most dangerous area's and those that can't are being assisted and evacuated. Obviously the "victims" at the Super Dome didn't leave or didn't try until it was too late...

It will be interesting to see how the sociologist's interpret the differences in how the populations react and recover from each disaster.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 23rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
It's bad... worst my folks have ever seen and they've lived in San Diego for 25 years....

More than 346,000 homes in San Diego have been ordered evacuated after a dozen wildfires displaced some 300,000 people in Southern California, destroying hundreds of homes and businesses and forcing federal officials to assist firefighting efforts.

By day three, the fires had burned at least 245,957 acres, or 384 square miles — an area larger than New York City

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==