PDA

View Full Version : Unbiased opinion needed....

hawcer
October 8th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Would you all call these glitches,lag or hacks.....

1) Pops up on your screen that u were killed by " player" ,But are still alive and well.Happened about 3-4 times, always the same "player".

2) Not able to fire your weapon....untill it's too late.only happend in close combat.

3) as a medic you come across two players,both killed at the same time.You try to revive the first guy but your paddles won't respond.Second guy revives normally.Go back to the first guy and your paddles don't respond again.(like your not even hitting the fire button) only happend once.I do believe the 1st player I tried to revive was my squad leader as I make it my first objective to keep them alive .

This all took place within 5-10 minute window.as soon as i mentioned this weird stuff across teamspeak.....it went away like magic.

Did we have a hacker in the game...or was this really "lag"as some mentioned.

I have never had the 1st and 3rd problems happen....even with my old laggy system.

I don't want to cause any trouble or step on any toes.That Is why I come to you guys for help with this concern.

Hawcer

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 8th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I've had all three of those things happen before. The first and second happen more frequently than the third. I don't really know when these are because of the server or some hack, but I suspect it to the server (client / server communication errors). I don't have any first hand experience with hacks, so I'm not sure how they operate or if they could cause the problem.

The funniest version of #1 above is when it says that I was killed by Artillery and it's an infantry only server. There is some wacky stuff that happens at times.

LA_MERC_goose
October 8th, 2007, 08:19 AM
1) Program problem ... been happening for a while
2) Never seen before - possible lag related.
3) If someone kills themselves by switching teams of leaving the game you can't revive them. If the person is dead and part of their body is in a fence, box, wall, building, ... you can't revive them. Other than that, I've had issues getting the paddles to recharge.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 8th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Well I run into the no revive issue before.. but what goose said can usually explain it... However with the some hacks screw with servers.. you never know..

hawcer
October 8th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I was thinking it was some sort of glitch/lag from the start.but when the medic thing happend,I started thinking differently.It wasn't like he wouldn't revive....I couldn't even go through the motions.

And I have never,ever recieved a "you were killed" message without being killed.I found it odd ,thats all.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 8th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Well i find a lot of things Odd these days... but thats another subject.. :)

hawcer
October 8th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks for your help guy's.....I thought I may have been going nuts.I'll just chalk it up to more questionable EA programming.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 8th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Depends on how you were killed. Some deaths there is no reviving from. That's a good reason to be on teamspeak. If you die and you go to a third person view then you know you can't be revived and can tell your squad mates to move on without you and you'll catch up with them in the after life.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 8th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I had an issue a couple days ago on a Pistol/Knife server where there was 2 of me. As in 2 LA_MERC_eX1|es_ch1|d in game on the same team and the guy had joined my squad. The admin had just kicked and/or banned someone for hacking and about 2 minutes later someone else joined the server with my exact name. I stood idle and asked the others playing if they saw 2 of me, which they replied yes. No clue what or how that happened but they banned me from the server. They may have been trying to just boot him but I know it got me.

I had hawcer's problem #1 also in the same server.

deathdealer
October 8th, 2007, 11:05 PM
i think it the damn game myself i have the same issues

Chi_Townz
October 9th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Ok Yella, fess up! You've been using that Peanut butter hack again haven't you!?!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 9th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I had an issue a couple days ago on a Pistol/Knife server where there was 2 of me. As in 2 LA_MERC_eX1|es_ch1|d in game on the same team and the guy had joined my squad. The admin had just kicked and/or banned someone for hacking and about 2 minutes later someone else joined the server with my exact name. I stood idle and asked the others playing if they saw 2 of me, which they replied yes. No clue what or how that happened but they banned me from the server. They may have been trying to just boot him but I know it got me.

I had hawcer's problem #1 also in the same server.

From what I've read at BF2 Player.com there is a Hack that steals another players name and from time to time you see it used. There are obviously many others but if you play in legitimate servers most of the time the offender is snuffed out pretty quickly and dealt with. Of course the more you play the more likely it is you run into these people.

The software bugs are going to occur, there's really no way to avoid them. Sock paddles not working or a player not Rezzing could be due to many things, the paddles have a recharge time and Dead players usually don't rezz..

IMHO it's still the best FPS ever built...

See you in the game!

Chi_Townz
October 9th, 2007, 10:39 PM
could be due to many things, the paddles have a recharge time and Dead players usually don't rezz..With Yellas Peanut Butter crackers

There..SEE, I told you!

This is what happens..
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8568/peanut6jt.jpg

LA_MERC_Sniper
October 10th, 2007, 10:59 AM
ummm chi how much of that came out of the diaper?

Chi_Townz
October 10th, 2007, 08:22 PM
HAHAHAHA funny sniper, rrreeaall funny..:heart3

Ab1dab1
October 10th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Chi,

That is why choosy moms choose Jiff.

Abi

Chi_Townz
October 11th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Opps, Sorry Yella, no choosy moms for you!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==