PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE HERE PLEASE...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 3rd, 2007, 08:08 PM
OK, I went through a lot of trouble to put this together,,,

SO here is my OFFICIAL MONSTER COMPUTER BUILD

Its in 2 parts, you tube video 1, and 2. also if you want to see a manifest off all the components I put into this machine

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=4042929

Monster Computer 101A

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NF2GJQLxBFQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NF2GJQLxBFQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Monster Computer 101B

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pH7moYV255s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pH7moYV255s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

So, what y'all think,,, this is a big deal for me, I don't come off this kind of
cash often.. and this is something I've been wanting to do for at lest 3 to 4 years.

BTW.. I Edited the video on the new Machine with nooooo problems.. so Yea... I'm Happy :)

LA_MERC_Onji
October 3rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
woohoo! great job man. glad it booted first try for you. i want your psu :)

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
October 3rd, 2007, 10:41 PM
Nice night vision. LOL

great build. should be an awesome PC that last you for a while. good selection on all the parts.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 3rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Very Nice... Build me one.. I'll buy the parts.... My Rig feels like Junk now..

Cry_Me_A_River
October 4th, 2007, 12:10 AM
How did you say you were going to configure the HDDs?
Seagate - OS & games?
2 Raptors - Backup?

:)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 4th, 2007, 04:56 AM
The Seagate im using for storage, 250 GB ... its a 7200 rpm drive

The 2 10,000 rpm 74 gb W/D Raptors are running in R.A.I.D-0,
In that configuration windows sees it as 1 drive = to 140 Gbs...
This basically reads and writes extremely fast, so am installing the OS,
game files, and any programs I install to this drive... "Not using for storage"

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 4th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Extemely nice YellowDog! My favorite items in the build? That would have to be the case... no wait, the power supply. Maybe it's the vid card. Ah man, it's all swank!! Long live the rig!

Chi_Townz
October 4th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Very Nice... Build me one.. I'll buy the parts.... My Rig feels like Junk now..

Shoot, if you don't want your old one, Ill take it!

Yella, when you said quiet, Id hate to hear what your old machine was like! Man those fans were cookin!

LA_MERC_Maverick
October 4th, 2007, 07:10 AM
nice! gj yellar

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 4th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Wetz’s System

AMD X2 4800 CPU
HITACHI 160GB SERIAL ATA 150 8MB
2 GB ( 2X 1024)DDR
COOLERMASTER WAVE MASTER ALUM. SIL.
SILVER SONY 16X DVDRW DW-Q28A DUAL
SILVER SONY 16X DVD
24" IDE ROUND CABLE WITH 3 HEADS
ASUS A8N32SLI NF4-SLI 2-X16PCIE
WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL SP2
OCZ GAME EXTREME 700 WATT POWER SUPPLY
CREATIVE X-FI XtremeMusic
2 EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE 7800GT 256MB
12-IN-ONE INTERNAL CARD READER

Like I said... Junk .... Anyone want a paper weight?? LOL!

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
October 4th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Thats nice. I know how it feels to have a new computer since I just got finished with mine. Although if I keep looking at your videos, Im gonna have to get a new case too.

I went with one HDD since I couldnt afford the Raptor/backup 2 HDD setup like you have. I got this recommended from a friend:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16822148140

I do think I may do the upgrade to one of the 8800 cards from my 8600 fairly soon. That was maybe the only poor choice in my system.

Wetz: Ill take the X-Fi and use it as a paper weight installed on my mobo!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
October 4th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Nice Wetz, that's almost the same system I have here at work. only differences are I have a single 6600GT and the 150GB Raptor HD. Ohh and the PSU is different, it's a thermaltake silentpower 480w I think.

hawcer
October 4th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Awesome machine...the red fans are a nice touch.(I stuck with the blue ones)I recommend the Antec 900 case to any one looking to build a new machine.The only problems I had was, wire routing(due to the distance from the PSU to the Mb connector) and the Hdd "working" indicator led didn't work at first because I had the connector reversed on the pins.It is not as loud as you might think with all those fans.I have the top(large)fan and rear and middle front fans set to med. speed.I can still hear the Cpu fan crank up when it's underload over the case fans.

My cpu never goes over 35deg C. and my Vid card averages around 45deg C. when worked hard(and It's overclocked).

I love the memory and Hdd's you chose to use....But just a bit out of my budget.

So...when are you going to add the second 8800?

I'm looking foward to getting smoked by you the next time I run into you in a server.lol

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 4th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I must add Hawcer, I did run up on a good deal on the 74gb raptors,,, and the processor.. It saved me around 250 - 300 bucks.. Got this hardware from a friend at work for half what it is retail. The rest of the stuff Is new out the box. If didn't get my hands on those hard drives, I may have bought 1 of the 150 Gig raptors.. even though it is a fast hard drive its still not as fast as the 74's.. So when I got the chance to buy 2 of them for 150, plus running in RAID 0... you cant ask for a faster load time. :) "And still get around 140 gigs of storage"

So far as upgrading anymore.. THAT WILL BE A LOOOONG time from now.. LOL

I do plan on getting the Aspire fan speed controller to slow down the 3 120mm fans... they are running full speed right now.. cost = 12 bucks with shipping.. "I can do that" LOL

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 4th, 2007, 05:58 PM
awesome box parker - congrats - you guys in BF2 better look out, the yellerdog just got a pair of glasses :)

Chi_Townz
October 4th, 2007, 06:52 PM
LOL, well said max...Wetz, your machine is still faster than mine, so my request still stands...lol

How do the duel cards work any way? Either way, its still gotta be faster than my single 7900..Pen D 2.8 / 2 GB ram /
http://www.krunker.com/wp-content/DellXPS400.jpg

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
October 5th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I have that same case! It is awesome!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 5th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I have that same case! It is awesome!

What the Dell, or the 900? :stick ..LOL

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
October 5th, 2007, 06:52 PM
the 900. doh!

Ab1dab1
October 5th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Dog.....

Killer rig setup. A few little things to help with airflow. Replace your DVD-ROM and Floppy cable with rounded cables instead of ribbon cables. The ribbon cables tend to always flatten out blocking air flowing from front to back. The only reason I point it out is that I've got the same video card and it pretty much cuts your case air flow in half. Your PSU is pulling air from the outside and blowing it inside your case towards your video card, the lower front fan tray is going to be blowing air across your two raptors which could get warm after running awhile. Keep an eye on the bottom half of your case as it may be a potential convection area for warm air to collect. If it starts getting warm there, you may need to add that side fan on your window as a side exhaust fan (it really will depend on how much of the air that big 200mm fan on top is going to suck out the case).

Cool setup though!! If you come to the LAN you can see how I cram all of my hardware into my oversized Gamecube case -g- (my case is a Q-Pack Aspire and is smaller than two shoe boxes).

Abi

LA_MERC_MaggotPulse
October 6th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Nice build dood.......Mabie I'll build a rig that I can run in my Semi.....HMMMM.....I wonder how I can work that out

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 10th, 2007, 06:31 AM
For those interested in the Antec 900 case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL100907-_-ComputerCases-_-E0-_-11129021&CMP=EMC-IGNEFL100907&ATT=N82E16811129021), NewEgg has it for $95 with code EMC1009CASE02. Oh btw, FREE SHIPPING. Great time to get in on that case if you have a naked motherboard.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
October 10th, 2007, 06:56 AM
I might have to get that.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 10th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Well, the way I see it listed its,, 129.00 then a 30 Mail in Rebate.. that what I went for...

And if you want too see what it looks like running... See the first page... :)

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
October 10th, 2007, 04:21 PM
am I missing something? I just tried to grab it and I dont see a rebate anywhere and that promo code doesnt work.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 10th, 2007, 04:27 PM
No your not.. I just looked again.. and I dont see it anymore.. it was running last month.. I guess I jumped to conclusion..

However, its here for 119.99 Zipzoomfly.com (http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=140146) Free Shipping

Thats were i was going to go, but the rebate NewEgg had sold me... I know it takes some time for things like that to come back to you... but it pays out in the end...

FYI... between all the parts i ordered.. i have a total of 150 dollars in rebates.. that was between 5 parts.. so yea,, if I get them all back around Christmas time.. i will be HAPPY :)

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 10th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I just got the offer this morning from the NewEgg newsletter they email out every 4 or 5 days. I guess they goofed it up, but that the info. I'll check it again when I get to work in the morning and make sure the code is right. If you aren't already, signup for the newsletter. Good deals usually.

Update: I just checked out the deal and it is in fact good. You have to log into your NewEgg account and then enter the Promo code (with the case in the cart). After you do that, you'll see the discount.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 10th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Humm,,, now that I didn't know.. seems there is an advantage to being on the news letter... Just an FYI... I did what you suggested to try... and it still didn't work... Im guessing its because I'm not signed up for the newsletter. they may have it set up to only activate for persons registered for the newsletter, unlike me.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
October 10th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I get this when I enter the promo code:

This promo code you entered is only available for specific programs.

I'm logged in and everything. Maybe its because I'm not signed up for the newsletter even though I sign up for it every time I log in. I found it at clubit.com for 98.99 but shipping is 16 bucks...

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 31st, 2007, 12:24 PM
FYI Highwind,

If you haven't already picked one up, CompUSA has the Antec 900 (http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?ref=performics&pfp=cat3&product_code=342484) case for $89.99 w/o any rebates to send in. You can drive by and pick one up and save on shipping as well.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==