PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

LA_MERC_FragFood
September 30th, 2007, 10:04 PM
A good article.

http://tinyurl.com/2shq6z

I'd have to agree with most of what's said there. Basically, the fun is slowly being squeezed out of childhood by overly intrusive, over analytical, excessively liberal parents and administrators.

Chi_Townz
October 1st, 2007, 05:57 AM
Good article Frag.
I think this says it all...

Call me crazy, but the people who disgorge these notions just must have been skinny nerds in school. That is, the variety without the brains or ambition to be Bill Gates.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 1st, 2007, 08:02 AM
Preach it Brother!!

Some of my favorites were:

"These crackpots are just a few degraded brain cells away from saying (about football) that "violent ground acquisition games are a neo-fascist metaphor for war."

Could it be any clearer? They are diagnosing normal boyhood behavior as a psychological problem. After all, even if little boys don't have toy guns, how many won't point a stick or their finger at you and say "Bang, bang, you're dead!"? It's also interesting to note that the very same people who will lecture us for not subscribing to the notion that homosexual behavior is innate and healthy will swear that this normal boyish behavior is learned and destructive.

waltersw15
October 1st, 2007, 08:38 AM
I agree with this article. You hear about these things happening all of the time.

The people who think that eliminating hurt feelings, competition and such makes this world a better place need to realize that they are actually making us weaker and more vulnerable to our enemies. As a good reference, look at the movie "Demolition Man" that society was completely unable to defend themselves against the likes of Wesley Snipes character. Just as today, if we eliminate all of our aggresive and competitive behavior, we will not be able to defend ourselves against the enemies out there who do not subscribe to this way of thinking.

hawcer
October 1st, 2007, 09:16 AM
Whatever happened to "boys will be boys"?

Send something like this to your school and await a replonse.

I GIVE MY SON ______ PERMISSION TO BE A BOY,ALL BOY AND NOTHING BUT A BOY.ANY ATTEMPT TO CORRUPT OR DISMANTLE HIS GOD GIVIN RIGHT WILL BE SWIFTLY DEALT WITH .HE NOR HIS FAMILY ARE A PART OF A COMMUNIST PARTY OR DO WE EVER WISH TO BE.

Ok that might not be the best idea....but it sure would feel good! :)

Cry_Me_A_River
October 1st, 2007, 09:44 AM
;205979']As a good reference, look at the movie "Demolition Man" that society was completely unable to defend themselves against the likes of Wesley Snipes character. Just as today, if we eliminate all of our aggresive and competitive behavior, we will not be able to defend ourselves against the enemies out there who do not subscribe to this way of thinking.

Awesome reference;I love that movie. Simon Phoenix FTW!
http://perso.orange.fr/fingerchip/biometrics/movies/Demolition_man_3_eyeball.jpg

:)

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 1st, 2007, 09:52 AM
I've got 2 boys (ages 9 & 7) and let me tell you the competition never stops. We go to get in the van, they fight to get out the door. They tackle each other to stop them from reaching their seat first. They race to get their seat buckled first. Then they just have a good fight just to punish the winner for winning. There isn't such a toy gun that is too powerful, too big, or shoots to much.. they want the biggest baddest that they can find. They will take the headshot given the chance.

Not once did I encourage this behavior. We don't watch a lot of war movies around the my house (of course I love them, but the Mrs does't like them). Boys are just built that way and I don't see the point in try to defang them. Don't get me wrong, I do try to teach them character (you know, take care of the weak, don't take cheap shots, be respectful). I would just echo a lot of the thoughts in previous posts. I especially liked Bills point about creating a society that can't protect itself.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 1st, 2007, 10:26 AM
The Left has a desire to see our Society ended... it's not written on a page in secret book hidden in a dark liar, no it's more insidious than that.

So start with the easiest to control, children. Load them with mood altering drugs, park them on a mind-numbing 45 minute bus ride to and from a public school located in another part of the city far from home. Stick them in classrooms with 30 plus children, in front of a barely literate Government Teacher, plying her/his trade at the feet of a Teachers Union more interested in which Political Party is going to win the next election cycle, than educating our kids. That's for just for starters..

I feel badly for those who don't have the resources to send their children to a private school, I'll never send my children to a public institution. Ever. They're generally rotten IMHO.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 1st, 2007, 10:29 AM
I like Hawcer's letter, just include...

if you try to force your views on my child against my wishes... then be prepared to for me to force my views on you.

BTW.. That is one farked up deal.. I'm glad I live in south... we haven't lost our manhood around here...

Chi_Townz
October 1st, 2007, 09:00 PM
Stick them in classrooms with 30 plus children, in front of a barely literate Government Teacher, plying her/his trade at the feet of a Teachers Union more interested in which Political Party is going to win the next election cycle, than educating our kids.

rgr that!!

Don't forget that there is no release for the tension they are building up like playing the elusive doge ball game...what happens?

Psycho teens baby!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==