PDA

View Full Version : Crysis (Beta)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
September 17th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Did anyone get a key. That's twice I've missed it. Son of a B(*&^^.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
September 17th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Get me one to please......

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
September 17th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Id like one too

Rollout
September 17th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Go to Fileplanet.com, we missed the first 2 releases, but 2 more are coming. Download COMRADE to get notification!!!

http://www.fileplanet.com/

LA_MERC_Andyconda
September 18th, 2007, 01:00 PM
They have opened up the 3rd window. Login to fileplanet and get a key now. I JUST GOT MINE, WOOT!

LA_MERC_Onji
September 18th, 2007, 01:19 PM
you have to be a fileplanet subscriber, screw that

LA_MERC_Wetzny
September 18th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I'm at work, went through the BS... where's my key appear?

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 18th, 2007, 01:27 PM
you have to be a fileplanet subscriber, screw that
I'm with Onji. I'm not going to pay for a beta. They'll get my cash after it gets out of the oven.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
September 18th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah, but the subscription comes with a lot more then just the beta. I got mine so Ill dl it tonight when I get home.

Chi_Townz
September 18th, 2007, 07:15 PM
come on, share the wealth!!

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 18th, 2007, 08:08 PM
fileplanet is very cool anyone with a few extra bones can sign up, been a member for 2 yrs and it is dirt cheap, and they get all the betas, I have my key will d/l tonight

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
September 18th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I d/led it tonight. The game looks absolutely amazing. It has some sort of rank structure that gives you points for doing stuff in game which you can then use to buy better weapons when you spawn. Yes, you buy weapons every spawn just like CS. I didnt play too much, just enough to see that it was visually stunning and that it would run decent on my new rig. I had settings at 1024x768 with everything at Medium and I was averaging about 20fps. Ill post some screens tomarrow night.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
September 18th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Heres a quick one I forgot I had taken.

Rollout
September 19th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Single Player Demo due out next week 9/29/07!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
September 19th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Damm,, look at the detail on the trees.. I can only imagine what it would look like on a system that can run it on high settings.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 19th, 2007, 05:10 PM
YellowDog, did you get a chance to play Far Cry? For its time, FC was an amazing game in several ways (graphics being one of them). I need to reinstall it and run everything at MAX to see what it would look like. At the time I played it, my video card was underpowered (relative to now). It's hard to imagine how good Crysis will be. They also have Far Cry 2 coming out at some point (I believe it to be a different game from Crysis, but correct me if I'm wrong).

LA_MERC_Wetzny
September 19th, 2007, 05:16 PM
What are the Crysis Specs? Is it Widescreen supported?

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
September 19th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I think it is Widescreen supported. Actually I think its also based off the Far Cry engine, so thats why it looks very similar. A better moniter may be my next pc upgrade because Im running a 5yr old NEC CRT still.

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 19th, 2007, 08:47 PM
It is WS supported Wetz, the game was amazing...definately will require a nice machine to get all the oows and ahhhs but even playing at medium was like so cool.

It is BF2 meets Far Cry meets CS, great elements of all 3, voip in game, can not brag enough about it.

Daedelus
September 20th, 2007, 07:42 AM
yeah ill wait for the demo to come out i had same problem with fileplanet back when i was tring to get beta keys for quake wars. it was always to subscribers first and missed out on three rounds of beta keys. but now that i have the demo i cant stop playing. Cant wait for this game to come out i think it could be game of the year material here. ( like half life 1 & 2)

Rollout
September 20th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Highwind, how did you see your FPS? I would like to know what I'm getting at 1920x1200 ALL High settings, it IS pure sweetness. It played smooth, only problem was my ping 140-200 vs. enemy 20-40, other than that, Mike called it right! Good blend of all the games, you need to have a communicating squad to play it right, I was lonewolfing all last night. You get upgraded weapons based on the flags you capture, so if the enemy keeps the good points, you are in big trouble.

The graphics are awesome, leaves falling, cool water, water drains from your vision when you get out like you are wearing a mask, butterflys going by, tank tracks in he sand, textured surfaces everywhere, grass and trees blowing in the wind along with their shadows, but the action is so furious you don't have time to appreciate it, just like BF2. With all the physicss going on I think a dual core and a strong card is needed badly to maintain good frame rates and run at HIGH settings.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
September 20th, 2007, 11:21 AM
;205379']I think it is Widescreen supported. Actually I think its also based off the Far Cry engine, so thats why it looks very similar. A better moniter may be my next pc upgrade because Im running a 5yr old NEC CRT still.

Its actually based off of the CryENGINE2. Far Cry was based off of the original CryENGINE

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
September 20th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Edit system.cfg file in your Crysis install directory and add this line:

r_displayinfo = 1

F12 is the screenshot button, which I found out today. Lets get on there and play some together. Let me know when. Maybe this week end? Ive only gotten maybe 20 mins in game.

Rollout
September 20th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Do you do it like the old CS config file edits? Just view as notepad,edit and save?

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
September 20th, 2007, 01:40 PM
thats the only way I know to do it...

Rollout
September 21st, 2007, 09:53 AM
I'll probably play tonight, I've been on the lowest ping servers with over 20 players. my FPS was around 20 with 1920x1200 all settings HIGH, if i go to 1600x1200 all MEDIUM I get around 50, plays better but it doesn't look near as good:(

Nickname is Rollout if you look me up on comrade

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
September 21st, 2007, 09:59 AM
cool, Ill look for you if Im able to get on for a bit.

Chi_Townz
September 21st, 2007, 06:15 PM
I think I'm a little jealous...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
September 21st, 2007, 11:42 PM
Crysis and fileplanet can lick my *&^(*^(&

I've had a key for 4 days now and it will NOT F*&&*KING download the demo.

File planet SUCKS!

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 22nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
it ownz U!!!

Rollout
September 22nd, 2007, 01:07 PM
Turn off the auto download and try it again. I've been playing all week, but I still have a download waiting in the que!!!! The que isn't working, just go in and get on the beta page, ask for a key, and request a download immediately. It worked right away, I felt the same way when Highwind said he downloaded it, but I had my key first!!!! Anyway it only worked if I did it all at once.

It is a system killer, I'm getting 20 fps @ 1920x1200 ALL High, quite playable, but 1600x1200 is 40-50 fps and way better fps wise, but not visually because of the stretch. As I stated before, it isn't a lonewolf game, you need a squad.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
September 22nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
That's a no go Chris. I may be doing something wrong but I've played with the site for TOO much. **** like that will make me no play the game even thoug it looks nice.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==