PDA

View Full Version : Ground Pounder or Vehicle Ho?

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 27th, 2007, 06:38 AM
I saw this on the BF2s.com forums last year and thought it was pretty interesting.

If you go to your stats on BF2s.com, find the percentage of your total kills attributed to weapons. To do this, find the "Weapons" section on the right and hover the mouse pointer over the Total Kills number at the bottom of the section. It will give you the % kills by hand to hand combat weapons. You can do the same thing for vehicles. If the percentage of weapon kills is over 50%, then you are more of a ground pounder. Vehicle kills over 50%? Vehicle ho. More than 50% as commander? I'm not going to dignify that :stick . Don't worry about overlap between the two (percentage over 100% due to shooting someone with a weapon from a seat in a vehicle).

At 60% weapon kills, I lean toward the ground pounding side of things (though not by much). Most of my vehicle time is in armor. What about the rest of you guys & gals.

waltersw15
August 27th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Apparently, I'm a well balanced soldier. Mine appears to work out to be 40-41-19 weapons - vehicle - commander.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 27th, 2007, 07:10 AM
wth did you just say? as andy says, did i catch a niner in there somewhere?

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 27th, 2007, 07:19 AM
I'm like 10% good at this game and 90% BAD at this game... I really don't understand why I suck at this game as much as I do. I'm trying I really am but I just can't get kills. I was better at CS then I am at BF2.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 27th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Need I answer? VEHICLE *****!!! Right here....

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 27th, 2007, 07:48 AM
wth did you just say? as andy says, did i catch a niner in there somewhere?

LOL, I had to do a search to find out what you were referring to with "niner". I guess it is a little less than clear for anyone not checking their stats a lot.

BTW, here's the thread (http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15299&highlight=niner).

LA_MERC_BS
August 27th, 2007, 08:30 AM
56 percent on ground pounding. But I mainly play Infantry only Special Forces now. So thats why. Six months ago its was all Jet action.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 27th, 2007, 12:37 PM
65% vehical hiz0r!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 27th, 2007, 05:52 PM
;203877']I really don't understand why I suck at this game as much as I do. I'm trying I really am but I just can't get kills. I was better at CS then I am at BF2.

Tonya, dont beat yourself up over this game, you have only just got started,,, There is a BIG learning curve with this game, and its not all about the kills like CS was. Its more of a balance of what you do to help your teammates out. I swear to you on my Honor as a Boy Scout.. there are many rounds when I may get 6 kills, die 20 times, bit still have a good Global score because I was doing other things to help out my team.. Healing people, blowing up stuff, laying out mines, fixing stuff... BF2 aint like CS.. in CS all you had were kills, in BF2 you have so much more you can do to be successful at the game.

LA_MERC_johncst
August 27th, 2007, 06:09 PM
64% ground and 40% vehicle

Chi_Townz
August 27th, 2007, 06:57 PM
DL, dont feel bad, my first time on a server was like

HOLY HANNA Batman... shot everything in sight... banned 30 sec. later.

No one told me the blue was a good guy...LOL

waltersw15
August 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM

So what's your excuse for shooting the blue guys now?

When I first started, it felt like I was getting shot by invisible people. I would get killed so quickly and couldn't figure out where I was getting shot from. Eventually, over time, you will learn to SEE things. The most important first step is to get familiar with the maps and where the flags are, and then you can move on to learn where are the favorite places for people to hide, then you will learn to identify targets and start pwning them. It takes time.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 28th, 2007, 08:12 AM

I still do it.... Sometimes I apologize while the ordnance is on the way to the target!

Daedelus
August 28th, 2007, 10:26 AM
iam probably a ground pounder didnt do alot of tanking untill i started palying alot of road to tampa map it has alot of tanks and iam getting pretty good at shooting from long range almsot out of site. but then again majority of my kills now come from c-4 on the hood of the FAV. alot of jihad buggying. i used to die as i jumpped out and blew up but know i can estimate the speed the buggy is going and jump early and let momentum carry it into the tank. good thing with road to tamp is with so many tank sometimes they sit next to each other repairing each other and if i get lucky i can aim in between them and get both tanks. one time i got 3. and with bailling out early i figure to aim for the lead tank and blow it and run on foot to the rear tank and manually plant and c-4 him if he didnt see what i did to lead tank.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I have 64% weapons kills, and 36% Vehicle kills.

Waht does that make me? Just curious?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 28th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Not even a question,
HELO HO" Reporting for duty sir.

And how can you miss the Tommy Boy Quote.
"Did I catch a niner in there", LMFAO! Good one Darren.

waltersw15
August 28th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I have 64% weapons kills, and 36% Vehicle kills.

Waht does that make me? Just curious?

Clueless.

Rollout
August 28th, 2007, 07:27 PM
As if there was any question :) 80 % weapons, 20 % vehicles, I AM THE GREATEST GP HO!!!!! :)

Chi_Townz
August 28th, 2007, 07:38 PM
;203999']So what's your excuse for shooting the blue guys now?.
:shockwhor

Wanna play do ya!?!

And watch the mini map....

LA_MERC_FragFood
August 28th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Lessee...

64% hand to hand or small arms, 27% vehicle. Didn't see where I could pull the Commander stats, so we'll do the math... (carry the three...divide by mouse radius... WAG) at about 9%

Nice idea, Sparky.

BTW - Just math-ed again - 11.8% of my total points were from revives and heals. Medic ho.

LA_MERC_FragFood
August 28th, 2007, 07:51 PM
;203999']So what's your excuse for shooting the blue guys now?

Pot? Meet kettle. I was just looking at your bf2player.com info box, and who's your favorite target? WHO? ME! Thousands of other BF2 players online at any given time, and who's he look for?

Geez. :violin

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 28th, 2007, 09:28 PM
LOL>.. and you act as thou your surprised???

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 28th, 2007, 09:42 PM
And now a word from my sponsor:

I AM THE GREATEST GP HO!!!!!
You da man Rollout!

Jack, you've got to play in the scrim. I'll expect will be needing the use of those slightly over-used shock paddles.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==