PDA

View Full Version : A little help with the startup of BF2

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 24th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I know I talked with one of you guys on teamspeak a while back on how to stop
the EA logo and Intro from running every time I run BF2, or Special Forces.
I know there a way to do it... SO somebody hook a brother up please :)

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 24th, 2007, 04:26 PM
simply rename the relevant files in your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies\ directory to something else (e.g. rename the Intro.bik to Intro.backup). The files to rename are: Dice.bik, EA.bik, Intro.bik, Legal.bik and Welcome.bik. This will mean the intro movies are all skipped as BF2 starts to load. If you find the movies playing in the background of the Login screen and Settings screens annoying, you can also rename the menu.bik and menu_loggedin.bik to something else as well.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 24th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks toby... U R Uber L33t dude :)

Rollout
August 24th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Very cool, never knew that

Chi_Townz
August 24th, 2007, 06:54 PM
rgr that!

Thanks Target!

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 24th, 2007, 08:49 PM
You can also change the ShortCut (right-click and select 'properties') and add "+restart" (space in front of the + with no quotes) to the end of the target. This is what happens when you are in regular and join a SF server.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 25th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Well I finally had a chance to make the changes.. :)

Boy thats much better...WooHoo!! Goes strait to the login screen
No more little pip squeak girl telling me to "Challenge Everything" Yaahhhhhhh!!!

Chi_Townz
August 25th, 2007, 05:34 PM
LOL, I did it too. Good stuff!

Hey Doc, what does " +restart" again? How does it effect transferring into another MOD?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 25th, 2007, 06:41 PM
it does the same thing Toby listed.. just another way... You add that to target location in the properties of each short cut... BF2 and SF, this will override the intro crap.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 25th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Chi, what YellowDog said. It's just another way to do it. It does rock to be able to skip the intros though. They were nice the first time, but after the 23,235th time.... they start to get on your nevers.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 26th, 2007, 11:29 AM
They were nice the first time, but after the 23,235th time.... they start to get on your nevers.

Amen Brother!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==