PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Group Scrim III ....

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 22nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
Preliminary discussions are progressing here is what we are shooting for.

Format: All-Out Infantry Only

Map: To Be Determined. Either Karkand, Sharqi, Mashtuur City or Jalalabad.

Proposed Date and Time: Saturday September 22nd 9:30pm CST. We are planning for 16-20 players per side. LA_MERC Server!

Please let me know if we can count on you to participate!

Thanks!

waltersw15
August 22nd, 2007, 08:41 AM
After getting my butt handed to me in their territory, you can bet that I'll be there for retribution.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 22nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
I will check and report back. Sat. is hit or miss. I will want to help hand them back their arse.

Rollout
August 22nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
Just name the time and place!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 22nd, 2007, 11:59 AM
Just name the time and place!!!!!!!!!!

Dude.. You're Killing me... I WET myself with a fit of laughter... I know you can type, which forces me to assume you can READ.. But sometimes I wonder.... see the FIRST POST.. :stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 22nd, 2007, 12:01 PM
LOL, Saturdays are usually tough for me during the summer months but tentavily I think i can be there.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 22nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
I might be able to make it,. I have a football game every Saturday from now until the end of October but I may be able to be home by that time.

LA_MERC_goose
August 22nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
Saturday nights are a lot easier than Saturday mornings and daytime. I'm with Walt - after having my ass handed to me last time - I want some good stuff!

LA_MERC_Spark
August 22nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
I'm in....

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 22nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Weekend nights are not always the easiest. How about a Thrusday night starting around 8?

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 22nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
This is a month away, take a look at the obvious conflicts College Football games.. If your schedules permit, please join. Mainly I only need people who SAY they are in to actually show up.

Based on my year-end schedule, this will likely be the FINAL SCRIM of 2007. (unless someone else wants to pick a fight with someone else!!)

I've tried to make this later in the evening for those who are on in the Western and Eastern time zones. Not too late for the eastcoasters and not too early for the western peeps..

I would DEARLY love to have a FULL SQUAD for this scrim... Likely venue is Sharqi Penninsula....

Possible Commander: FragFood.

Likely Squadleaders: T4rg3t, Goose, Exiles, Andyconda.

We EARNED this Scrim, we BLED for this Scrim, WE OWNED THESE PEOPLE on Daqing Oilfields... You don't want to miss this ONE, it's for BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!

LA_MERC_goose
August 22nd, 2007, 03:32 PM
DAMN! Look at T4rg3T sporting a "Bird". Sorry, side tracked the thread, but I just saw that.

Unless I get sent to Denver that week, which is doubtful since I'm going next week. I'm usually available anytime, after 9 ET, unless I'm fire fighting or extricating people.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 22nd, 2007, 03:40 PM
DAMN! Look at T4rg3T sporting a "Bird".

shuush, I liked shooting people the bird in the forums and no one noticing :)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 22nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
Baring unforeseen circumstances you know i will be there.. And I will be more than glad to head up a squad, My squad did an excellent job last time in the Oil fields:)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 22nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
I will make it.

LA_MERC_johncst
August 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
put me in

Rollout
August 22nd, 2007, 05:59 PM
Wetz, it was simply a statement that I could be counted on NO MATTER what time of day, day of the week, week of ANY year or season, whatever!!!!!!!! But if it made you laugh; it was worth it!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
August 22nd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Hooked on Ebonics be wurkin' fo me!

Oh, and Im game...

Chi_Townz
August 22nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
count me in

LA_MERC_FragFood
August 22nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Hmmm... LSU vs. South Carolina (at home) that night. If it's a good game, I might not make it. Otherwise, count me in.

LA_MERC_goose
August 23rd, 2007, 06:09 AM
OH SMACK! That is the LSU / SC game - nope, if the games on, I'm no good.

waltersw15
August 23rd, 2007, 07:56 AM
Goose, why should you care? You know LSU is going to spank that butt.

LA_MERC_goose
August 23rd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Well, if that's the case, I at least want to watch it happen.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 23rd, 2007, 09:18 AM
TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! :stick

Rollout
August 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Absolutely TIVO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch it when you want to watch it and game when the killin' time is on!!!!!

LA_MERC_sexy_dragon
August 23rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
cant make it will be at work till following wednesday.
sry would love to play the game with u guys.

LA_MERC_FragFood
August 23rd, 2007, 05:49 PM
TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! TIVO! :stick

Well, duh... Tivo? Built my own DVR that spanks a Tivo, so it'll be recorded as well, just in case. But y'all haven't had fun until you've watched my WIFE watch LSU play! It's usually more entertaining than the game. Main issue is that we may have company over for the game, and I think I'd be doghoused if I played BF instead. We'll see how it works out.

I think we could wipe the floor with 'em.

LA_MERC_FragFood
August 23rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
Survey SAYS Friday or Saturday, but Friday is definitely preferable.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 24th, 2007, 02:01 AM
I will never be able to make a Friday night. Sorry. I can take off every other night, but not Fridays. Fridays = Busiest night = most money. I average $28 - $40 per hour on Fridays. I kinda cannot give it up.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 24th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Keep voting please...

Anyway.. I wish I could make everyone happy with the date/times of these things, but alas that is not possible. Saturdays seemed the most logical to me, and as point man I made the call. Sorry, shoot me.

Weekday nights with school starting for the kids, sports practice and other general household and family obligations seemed slightly crammed for a scrim. Sorry here again, married with children = haxored on school nights!!

Fridays, well I considered this day of the week, some of us might like to see a local high school game, coach, officiate, work the snack bar for the booster club, etc. So I took Friday's out of the mix early. If I was wrong, vote for it.

If I have to try and plan around College Football, The NFL and everything else in each of our lives, I might as well swallow my .45! I gave us a month lead time to plan schedules around this event, if we can't more people to clear a couple of hours on a late Saturday night to do this, well so be it. I'll tell Sniper we're done...

Let me know. We have a few signed up and I appreciate it very much, if you can make time to participate let me know. But we NEED 16-20 players, less than that we get smacked...

Thanks!

waltersw15
August 24th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Even though LSU is playing that night, I can always make time to get the scrim in. Like I said earlier. I'm not going to take the butt whooping I got on the last scrim to not show up when it is on our turf.

There are still plenty of games out there, and I would rather it take place when we are playing South Carolina as opposed to Florida or Auburn (then that would be a different story).

Of course David would be available on Saturday nights because the Kansas State and Kansas football programs suck.

But seriously, I understand the dilemma. I've had to organize events before, and you will never make EVERYONE happy. You just have to make the decision, and people either show or don't show, and if they don't like it, then they can step up next time to organize the event.

Can I get an AMEN?

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 24th, 2007, 07:46 AM
HOLD the Feck on... big boy... First things first. I'm no Kansas fan. Now when the Round Ball goes up and Kansas is against Texas, yes I'm pulling for Kansas. But this house is purple, Wildcat purple. The Jury is still out on KSU this season, they start at Auburn... We shall see, we shall see.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 24th, 2007, 10:24 AM
David your doing a great job in getting these scrims together.. So I'm giving you some props...Good Jerrrrrbbb...

I feel confident that what ever night we deicide on we will have a good turn out, we just need to encourage as many people to show up as possible... and trust they will be there.. thats what we did for the last scrim.. and we had enough to get it done... worst case, we can borrow a couple of their guys like we did 2 scrims back.. it will all work out..

so if Saturdays good for you, and for some part of the group.. then lest do it. I should be there anytime... And Im not on call, so thats even better...

We also need to get serious about strats and everything that goes along with an I/O scrim.. I got a feeling these guys are going to be on their game this time... they know what to expect... So for all the guys that want to play this scrim, dont think its going to be a cake walk... Sniper group are a great bunch of guys, and we need to give them the respect they deserve... this includes not underestimating their abilities outside of sniping.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 24th, 2007, 03:42 PM
HERE HERE!

Chi_Townz
August 24th, 2007, 06:56 PM
HERE HERE!
I second that

LA_MERC_FragFood
August 24th, 2007, 09:51 PM
;203555']Hmmm... LSU vs. South Carolina (at home) that night. If it's a good game, I might not make it. Otherwise, count me in.

Possible reprieve! (yay?) Looks like the game's not going to be on TV that night. Might end up there, but NOT currently scheduled on regular cable (my cheap-o rate). So, count me in!

LA_MERC_MaggotPulse
August 24th, 2007, 11:34 PM
GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!! GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:saddam1

Dark Knight
August 26th, 2007, 05:27 AM
The Dark Knight has been practicing and shall be there. Call when you need of me, ask what you will of me, my weapon, my c4, are yours!!!

Dark Knight
August 26th, 2007, 05:29 AM
I shall also call to arms others that have fragged with us before from Game Lair. May I make a suggestion of Karkand and sharqi for certain? I'm not keen on jalalalalalalalabad but I'll assault it if need be!!!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 26th, 2007, 11:28 AM
May I make a suggestion of Karkand and sharqi for certain? I'm not keen on jalalalalalalalabad but I'll assault it if need be!!!

Im with you on that one.. Jalalabad is still a pretty large map for I/O, and the US team.. if they get pined down in their un-cap dont have a chance... its not a real even map in I/O mode.

Big_ch33se
August 26th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I will try to make it. Prolly beter for a weekday night for me, but I might be able to do a saturday night as well

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 27th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Right now LA_MERC has 13 indicated AS PLAYING. I've got a truckload of "Well maybe, maybe not". We need more commitments please...

Please remember this is for our PRIDE... Do we PWN' these people or do they PWN LA_MERC? Who will step up and defend the TAG?

Ask not what your clan can do for you, ask what you can do for your clan. Now GRAB A WEAPON AND JOIN A SQUAD!!!!

"We Gotta Take These Bastards..."

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K92OVFeGgIE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K92OVFeGgIE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 27th, 2007, 10:33 AM
We only need 10-12 people to beat those snipers.

I'm still a maybe, it just depends on the day. Weekends are pretty much tied up with football.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 27th, 2007, 10:49 AM
We only need 10-12 people to beat those snipers.

I'm still a maybe, it just depends on the day. Weekends are pretty much tied up with football.

I appreciate your confidence... The Date is September the 22nd at 9:30pm CST... The Map is not yet Selected; most likely Sharqi Penninsula.

LA_MERC needs her Army of modern day Spartans; Why send "300" when we can send ALL OF US!!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZBA0SKmQy8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZBA0SKmQy8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 27th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I keep on forgetting to check the family calendar, but I'm in if possible. I expect that they will bring their 'A' game this time and we need to be at least as prepared as we were for the first scrim.

Rollout & YellowDog... are we still in the same squad?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 27th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Well we haven't made those plans yet,, as I dont know what map we are playing... but That would be cool with me... we got it done last time without an issues so I say yea, we should squad up :)

LA_MERC_BS
August 27th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I'm good for it if I can remember to be there

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 27th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I'm good for it if I can remember to be there

If you answer your phone, you'll remember. I've got your back Generalissimo!!!

LA_MERC_Sniper
August 27th, 2007, 11:06 PM
would love to join if i can will let you know a little later

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 27th, 2007, 11:36 PM
I appreciate your confidence... The Date is September the 22nd at 9:30pm CST... The Map is not yet Selected; most likely Sharqi Penninsula.

LA_MERC needs her Army of modern day Spartans; Why send "300" when we can send ALL OF US!!!!

September 22nd is a LSU home game. Thats why I didn't want weekends, especially Saturday nights. LSU vs South Carolina at 7pm.

Dark Knight
August 28th, 2007, 05:06 AM
I will follow thee into battle for certain

I may not wear the LA MERC tag, but I shall assist in it's defense and honor anytime anywhere!!! I SHALL be in your modern day spartan army and have been practicing to make sure I do not dishonor the tag as I did previously during the sniping contest.

map suggestions.....karkand, of course, sharqi, gulf of oman......those are probably the three maps I'm the most familiar with. Jalalalalalalalabad I'm familiar with, but we will have to really work as squads in order to take those guys if in that map, it can be done, but we will need practice.

Might I also suggest highway tampa WITH vehicles? I think that map would ROCK in a scrim!!!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 28th, 2007, 06:03 AM
September 22nd is a LSU home game. Thats why I didn't want weekends, especially Saturday nights. LSU vs South Carolina at 7pm.

Toby, no worries! I know how much the Tiger's mean to you, no problem!

LA_MERC_BS
August 28th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Have the Game Cocks ever beat LSU?

waltersw15
August 28th, 2007, 07:04 AM
I may not wear the LA MERC tag, but I shall assist in it's defense and honor anytime anywhere!!! I SHALL be in your modern day spartan army and have been practicing to make sure I do not dishonor the tag as I did previously during the sniping contest.

Would that make you our equivalent of the hunchback. "Let me see you raise your shield." :stick

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 28th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Have the Game Cocks ever beat LSU?

Good question BS, but let's not forget one thing. Our dear T4rg3t, master of all things flying, owner of 1337 skillz, appreciates a good Beat-Down, a slaughter, a landslide! He'll relish an LSU avalanche over the helpless Chickenhawks of South Carolina! :stick

It’s the Domination that makes victory taste so great!

~LA_MERC_ Wetzny~

Rollout
August 28th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Hope so!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 28th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Here's my dealio, I have a home game that night so drive time is almost nill. But the game is at 8PM and I'm the President of the league so I have to stay after and clean up/anything else that's necessary. The game will be over around 10 and it's 30 minutes to an hour after the game ends that I leave. There is an outside chance I can make it but I wouldn't count on me fosho.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 28th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Hope so!!!!!!!

"The Above should not count as a post in my book"

You can't think of anything more INTERESTING, AMUSING, ENLIGHTENING or IMFORMATIVE to say other than: Duuhhh "hope so!!!!!!" Duuuhh

Who in the WORLD sponsored and let this Brainiac in the DOOR!!!!

:stick

waltersw15
August 28th, 2007, 12:05 PM
And isn't he now a sponsor. I can see that people will start sounding like Miss South Carolina as our sponsorships go downhill. If Doc starts making posts like this, then we should really begin to worry.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 28th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah No sh!t. LMAO.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 28th, 2007, 01:16 PM
September Scrim Roster:

Walt
Rook
YellowDog
Johncst
Highwind
Rollout
Chi~townz
Wetz
FragFood
Maggot
BS
Goose
Spark
Darkknight
AndyConda
DocSparky
DeathDealer
Sniper
Abidabi

Maybe Playing

Exiles

Need more people please….Thanks to those who are committed!! Still waiting on final negotiations regarding the map, I’m looking for Sharqi.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
August 30th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I will be in Bayonne, NJ the weekend of the 22nd for work but if it is any other weekend I can be there.

Ab1dab1
August 30th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Count me in guys....

Sorry I've been slow on the boards....work has been keeping me tied up.

Abi

Chi_Townz
August 30th, 2007, 06:54 PM
When is the game again?

too lazy to thumb through 5 pages of posts to check on my own...

Chi_Townz
August 30th, 2007, 07:00 PM
here is an odd thought. Is there a way to have a calendar of events made for La_Merc?

Ab1dab1
August 30th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Chi....

Saturday Sept 22nd @ 9:30pm CST

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==