PDA

View Full Version : Damn I'm old!

LA_MERC_goose
August 21st, 2007, 04:45 PM
I uploaded a video to my myspace ( www.myspace.com/sc_diver ) from the 1993 SC State drill meet at SC State University. The reason we're inside for this was it was raining so they moved us inside. Anyway - no laughing!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 21st, 2007, 05:31 PM
oooo guys in uniform!!!!! hubba hubba! The best looking, well dressed, sexiest uniform man to me is the Marines!!! They look nice!! Love the Marines uniforms......

And Goose "dang you OLD"

LA_MERC_goose
August 21st, 2007, 06:15 PM
lol, it's Army. :D

LA_MERC_Spark
August 21st, 2007, 06:19 PM
O.O WOW! There's no way in HELL I could NOT screw that up!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 21st, 2007, 06:34 PM
lol, it's Army. :D

Well I knew that! but all I was sasying is I like the Marines uniform.... I know what the marines uniform looks like.....

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
August 21st, 2007, 07:10 PM
Cool! I could mess that up. Yup.

waltersw15
August 21st, 2007, 07:23 PM
All she was saying is that your uniforms are not as good looking as ours :) Semper Fi

Ab1dab1
August 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM
::::waiting for Skitts to make his airmen references::::

Abi

LA_MERC_goose
August 22nd, 2007, 05:03 AM
Are you kidding me? Class B Khakis RULE! lmao!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 22nd, 2007, 05:49 AM
You can't tell me that this uniform don't ROCK.....

http://www.marines.com/page/usmc.jsp?flashRedirect=true

LA_MERC_goose
August 22nd, 2007, 06:10 AM
As someone who's a Navy brat, spent 4 years in Army ROTC and wanted to be a Marine from the age of 6, I can tell you those uniforms are the SH!T. But since I never got around to joining the Marines, I'll have to stay with my Army greens. :D

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
August 22nd, 2007, 06:33 AM
nice goose....my weapon would have been in the bleachers on the second toss...lmao.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 22nd, 2007, 07:02 AM
That is pretty cool Goose. I didn't know what one was you tho.........

My daddy was a Marine and I think he still has his uniform from way back when. Not sure how many years he was a Marine tho. I have respect for all uniform service people and like all their uniforms but my favorite is the Marine uniforms... theres just something about there uniform I like...

waltersw15
August 22nd, 2007, 08:47 AM
It's not the uniform DL, it's just that you know the person in a marine uniform is a STUD.

By the way Goose, silent drill teams are the bomb. I'm sure you had to have some grueling practices. That was about a 6 minute plus routine. You know that many days, hours, and months of practice have to go into perfecting that. And I didn't notice any flaws in the routine. Gotta love the snap and pop of the rifle, and everyone in sync.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 22nd, 2007, 09:01 AM
Does the marines have on of these?

http://www.army.mil/-images/2007/08/22/7218/size1-army.mil-2007-08-22-084755.jpg

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 22nd, 2007, 09:11 AM
Also the Marines are technically part of the NAvy.

The United States Marine Corps. A part of the Department of the Navy and the largest Marine force in the world, is often used in situations that do not involve naval elements, such as general land warfare. It is often used as a spearhead for major military offensives or as a stop-gap when an emergency military situation breaks out, performing critical military operations until more permanent forces arrive.

* The United States Marine Corps (USMC), was originally established as the Continental Marines on November 10, 1775 at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is a part of the Department of the Navy, but no naval officers are part of the USMC chain of command, with the most senior member being the Commandant of the Marine Corps, who reports directly to the Secretary of the Navy. The USMC is a separate branch of the armed forces and is currently the largest Marine force in the world.

Because the USMC has developed into its own service, yet still a part of the Department of the Navy; a naval infantry force called the Naval Expeditionary Combat Command was created in 2005, to support the Army and Marine Corps in operations more traditionally identified with Marines or Soldiers. (Individual Augmentees, or IA's) The United States Air Force (USAF) also provides the Army and Marine Corps with combat support via IA's The men and women in the USMC will respond to orders with the word "HOORAH"

The USMC shares many traditions, emblems and uniforms with the United Kingdom's Royal Marines.

The United States Marine Corps, with 180,000 active duty and 40,000 reserve Marines as of 2005, is the smallest of the United States' armed forces in the Department of Defense (the Coast Guard, about one fifth the size of the Marine Corps, is under the Department of Homeland Security). The Corps is nonetheless larger than the entire armed forces of many significant military powers; for example, it is larger than the active duty Israel Defense Forces.[8][9]

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 22nd, 2007, 10:55 AM
na Walter I think it's the uniform that "helps" the guy look cute...

IT"S THE UNIFORM I TELL YOU...... THE UNIFORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waltersw15
August 22nd, 2007, 09:14 PM
Does the marines have on of these?

http://www.army.mil/-images/2007/08/22/7218/size1-army.mil-2007-08-22-084755.jpg

Sure we do:

http://www.waltersfamily-usmex.com/Humor/MarineNascar.jpg

But, Do you all have one of these?

http://www.waltersfamily-usmex.com/Humor/MarineHummer.JPG

Probably not. The marines always have something bigger and better. Hoorah!!!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==