PDA

View Full Version : Alive and Kickin

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 20th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Ok, before you hear it on the news. I'm alive and kickin. For those of you that knew I went diving off the coast of Pensecola Saturday. Lockout and I along with 2 guys I worked with at my last company went 22 miles off shore to dive a sunken ship called teh Avocet. This wreck is something like 6 miles from the Oriskany (Sunken aircraft Carrier that has fast become one of the most sought after diving spots in the world, we've done it twice. it's ok but it doesn't blow my skirt up.
Any way. you'll hear about a man dieing out there Saturday August 18th. It wasn't me or Lockout. We regularly test the limits but never push the envelop of safety. From the report it sounds like this guy did everything by the book and it just ended up bad for him. He got Bent. They can whine about the Coast Guard's respinse time, but New Orleans has the only true ready response search and resue helo on the Gulf. So when you see the news you can rest assured that Lockout and I did our 120 foot depth dives, shot fish, and returned safely back to our boat.
Here's the article:
http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070819/NEWS01/70819002/1006

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 20th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I just herd about it on TV at 12 on the news.... Glad your ok Andypandy prissypants

LA_MERC_Shadow
August 20th, 2007, 05:36 PM
That rescue copter for the coast guard is flown by my brother-in-law. He's always talking about the stupid divers he has to go rescue.

J/K

Big_ch33se
August 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Sucks for that d00d. Glad to hear you will still be at the saints games fotrox!

LA_MERC_MaggotPulse
August 20th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't you.....as if I'd hear anything up here in Michigan anways....but You Know

Ab1dab1
August 21st, 2007, 08:17 PM
Man,

I see them doing drills about once a month over Lake Ponchartrain in that chopper.

I didn't realize we had the only one on the coast. That's scary.

Abi

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==