PDA

View Full Version : We need more pilots...

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 13th, 2007, 10:46 PM
After the last few hours of BF2 at AG it is obvious we need more pilots... Chopper Pilots, Fighter Pilots, Bomber Pilots and Weapons Officers.

So if you are interested in flying; get a joystick, get it calibrated and lets get more LA_MERC in the skies!!

:heart3

waltersw15
August 14th, 2007, 04:35 AM
I thought we had quite a few pilots in the clan. Did we have jets or helos not being used last night? I would have been more than happy to pilot the helo. However, I was filling the commander role that seemed to get left empty last night. Of course, I have no problems commanding either, but I could always use the helo time.

I've never really put in much jet time, so I guess I would have to be the gunner in a two seater. Do you have any recommendations on good joysticks, and what kind of cost are we looking at?

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 14th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Here's some Bombing footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cHsH9YGdTM

http://www.bf2player.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37

Walt, here is the Joystick most are playing with these days. Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Also check this thread there is a diagram provided that shows how to set the buttons for easier in flight use.

http://www.bf2player.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5477&highlight=joystick

LA_MERC_Spark
August 14th, 2007, 07:11 AM
I need to play more often >.>

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 14th, 2007, 07:40 AM
I'm pilot.

Currently upgrading system but I should be back in prime form soon.

waltersw15
August 14th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Funny. I was just checking out the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro this morning. I might pick one up. I see it is only $30 at CompUSA, and seems to get pretty good reviews.

Since my wife and daughter are going to be out of country for 3 weeks. I may have plenty of time to get some flight training in.

I usually figured it wasn't really worth the trouble to learn because we have enough good pilots in the clan, and I may never get the jet often enough ingame to be of any use. I truly hate standing in line to ride the BF2 jet ride :)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 14th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I can try to fly. I am about a 6-7 out of 10 in a helo. A 6 0f 10 in a jet.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 14th, 2007, 08:36 AM
The reason this is brought up, begins with the fact there are more NEWER (Not LA_MERC Peeps) people playing. Some time take a look at the ranks, I see a tremendous number of corporals, prviates etc. Last night for example the team I was on at AG, just sucked. There was no squading up, the helo pilots/gunners couldn't leave the pad without taking out the Blackhawk parked next to it. The maps we played demanded at least ONE attack chopper and BOTH planes in the air, didn't happen. Got PWND on Daqing Oil Fields!! T4rg3T died 21 times and I had one round of 11-21... As I was saying, our clan our group is big enough and good enough to get more people good in the air. So if you ever find yourself out in BF2 land doinking around, find a map with a few planes on it and go learn to fly. Take a run at the chopper, gunner or pilot. It's the only way to learn...

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 14th, 2007, 09:25 AM
I was 38/21 on kubra dam. We were down to 1 base and couldn't move. You're main base is always the most important but we just couldn't hold it. As soon as I would spawn, I'd die. On Daqing, we only had one plane and I don't think we had a chopper that could stay in the air as US. On the China side, I died once. At one point, I shot down both planes and 2 attack choppers. By the time I took all 4 down, the planes were back in the air and the choppers next. It was an endless cycle.

Rollout
August 14th, 2007, 11:03 AM
I would like to have some training on our server instead of "doinking around", I much rather learn from pros then then use trial and error error error error in my case:) If you recall the "non bombing" runs last night I think you'll agree!!!

I would really like to get the hang of it, but i would like some professional guidance to get going on real practice vs. crash, crash, crash, f... it I'll just ground pound.

LA_MERC_johncst
August 14th, 2007, 11:43 AM
I was trying to get there but it was not to be

waltersw15
August 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I just bought the last Logitech Extreme 3D Pro from our local CompUSA. So with the wife and daughter heading out of town, I should have plenty of time for practicing. I would recommend leaving the LA_Merc server set to a map with planes during the day so that we will have that available for practice during lull times.

I agree with Rollout. Getting some lessons from our Top Gun pros would be helpful versus the just take a plane during a hot map, and dying over and over. However, I did learn the helo in the heat of battle.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 14th, 2007, 04:56 PM
The Attack chopper I'm an average player.. I can pull off some decent moves at times.. and other times I stink.

I can keep the jet in the air W/O to many crash landings.. but if I have an experienced enemy pilot to deal with.. I'm going up in flames fast. Mind you, all my flying is done with mouse and keyboard.

waltersw15
August 14th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I got the joystick hooked up, and got in our the LA_Merc server. Man, is this stick sensative. Flying the jet seemed fine. I can definitely see how a joystick can allow you better maneuverability. However, I still don't see how you guys see what is going on and hit targets on the ground. I had to pay so much attention just to keep flying that I couldn't see anything else, but the two people on the other side had no problem finding me and shooting me down.

As far as the helo goes. I seem to have the hang of it there, but once again, the sensativity seems to have me all over the place where as I had good control with mouse and keyboard. So with a little practice, I could have the stick mastered for the helo. The switch for the throttle will definitely take some getting used to. Especially with flying the helos.

Anyway, I can see I'll have some fun times ahead.

Rollout
August 14th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the Airmaps 101 Goose, Target and Wetz!!!!

Now where is the training sign up sheet :)!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 14th, 2007, 07:14 PM
As far as the helo goes. I seem to have the hang of it there, but once again, the sensativity seems to have me all over the place where as I had good control with mouse and keyboard

FYI, I think some of our best Helo pilots like Andy, I know still fly the Chopper with mouse and Keyboard.. but the plane is suppose to be much better off with the Joystick.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
August 14th, 2007, 09:09 PM
I can fly... I'm pilot...

Anyone that can name that movie gets a box of fruit loops...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 14th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Airplane!!!

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
August 14th, 2007, 11:03 PM
nope

LA_MERC_Spark
August 15th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Star wars FTW!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 15th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I use keyboard and mouse for helo's and joystick for jets. I know Toby uses a joystick for helo's now too.

I used to be pretty good in a chopper and was so so in a jet. I was just starting to get decent in the jet when school started.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 15th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Ex, do you have an ETA on when you might make it back to BF2?

Daedelus
August 15th, 2007, 02:03 PM
yeah this is one area i can use some help. i finally got good at using the tank at long range(thank to many games on road to tampa map) Also it has made my skills alot better in the blackhawk i can almost turn that sucker on a dime. but i really need some work on my attack helo and my jet skills suck. i use a mouse and key board so thats probably why i dont do to much fighter piloting. ill have to wait till i get a joy stick. i was supprissed to see how diffrent the feel of fly come pares between the black hawk. and say the little bird and the hind feels like its sliding around on ice sort of with the heavy nose i guese. just so diffrent a flight.

ok ill have to get on with you guys more often.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 15th, 2007, 03:58 PM

Well what ya waiting for Dade.. get on it man,, once we get rolling on a server its hard to leave :)

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 16th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Little bird is the best vehical in the game! Once you get the hang of it you can go out and dominate a map with it. Roadrage is the only one that you can't totally pwnz0r on because there is sooo much anti-air.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 16th, 2007, 08:06 AM
yeah this is one area i can use some help. i finally got good at using the tank at long range(thank to many games on road to tampa map) Also it has made my skills alot better in the blackhawk i can almost turn that sucker on a dime. but i really need some work on my attack helo and my jet skills suck. i use a mouse and key board so thats probably why i dont do to much fighter piloting. ill have to wait till i get a joy stick. i was supprissed to see how diffrent the feel of fly come pares between the black hawk. and say the little bird and the hind feels like its sliding around on ice sort of with the heavy nose i guese. just so diffrent a flight.

When do you play? I never see you on.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==