PDA

View Full Version : Who woulda thought....

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
August 1st, 2007, 07:52 AM
That a black man's toothpaste would be extremely popular in asian countries.

Darkie, so dazling they can only see your smile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlie_Toothpaste)

LA_MERC_Spark
August 1st, 2007, 08:16 AM
LOL!

Hamburger
August 1st, 2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah when I was in Japan, I saw a container of Ben & Jerry's ice cream that was labeled, vanilla with banana and nuts. But the packaging looked extremely simmilar to Chunky Monkey.

I never understood why till I went to Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory and took a tour. Turns out that interpretiing "Chunky Monkey" to Japanese would have said (and I quote) "Monkey Chunks" or "Chunks of Monkey". Mmmm...yummy.

LA_MERC_Shadow
August 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah when I was in Japan, I saw a container of Ben & Jerry's ice cream that was labeled, vanilla with banana and nuts. But the packaging looked extremely simmilar to Chunky Monkey.

I never understood why till I went to Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory and took a tour. Turns out that interpretiing "Chunky Monkey" to Japanese would have said (and I quote) "Monkey Chunks" or "Chunks of Monkey". Mmmm...yummy.

And when the japanese ate it they would've been disappointed that it wasn't actual monkey.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 1st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Those Fecking Gooks are RACIST!! MAN... :stick

LA_MERC_Shadow
August 1st, 2007, 05:14 PM
WTF... Never heard of those.

"In much the same way the tobacco brand name N!gg3r Hair had become Bigger Hare, the name of the toothpaste was changed in English markets to "Darlie" after the 1985 merger."

Hamburger
August 1st, 2007, 06:01 PM
Those Fecking Gooks are RACIST!! MAN... :stick

I think "Gooks" are for Vietnamese. For Chinese it is "Chink". I should at least know "Chink".

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==