PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Baby Back Ribs

Rollout
July 28th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Man!! Y'all need to try this recipe for grilled BBQ Babe Back Ribs!!!!

We had this tonight and it was needless to say AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

BBQ, grillen', beer, and ribs, it just doesn't get better than this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Rock on America!!!!!!!!:)

http://www.realgrilling.com/swf/pork_ribs_1/sbs_shell.swf

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 28th, 2007, 06:35 PM
OMG I love baby back ribs..............

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 28th, 2007, 06:36 PM
wow...that looks freakin awesome...if I only had a grill!

Lockout
July 28th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Damit Chris..Now I gotta go rib shopping...Well hell i need beer anyway

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 28th, 2007, 07:08 PM
:thanks3:cook::madcow::beerchug

MMMMM goooooooood......

LA_MERC_johncst
July 28th, 2007, 10:17 PM
looks good to me

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 28th, 2007, 10:26 PM
this big ole girl can put some ribs away...lol

Na j/k but I do love me some ribs mmmmmm

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 29th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Damit Chris..Now I gotta go rib shopping...Well hell i need beer anyway

Isn't that a rhetorical statement. I need beer anyway. C'mon, even if I have a case already in teh fridge i will say "I need beer anyway", LOL

And yes that's a great explanation on how to do some good ribs.

BUT

I'm going to let you in on a secret that for some reason I don;t cook often but should. The best baby back rib recipe you'll ever have.

After pulling the back membrane off put the ribs in a large pot with crab boil (The powder works best) and boil the ribs in teh crab boil seasoning for an hour. This really moistens and tenderizes teh meat while adding a great spice flavor. Then put a spice rub like teh man said and he is 110% correct about cooking low and slow. I usually do an hour in the boil and then an hour on teh grill. This works great for spare ribs as well and since spare ribs are typically tougher than back ribs the boil really loosens up teh meat. Do it to baby back ribs and teh meat will mealt in your mouth, LITERALLY. Yummy NOW I'm Hungry. Guess what we're having tonight.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 29th, 2007, 07:51 AM
ummm hmmm let me guess

BABY BACKS AND BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Hooo..... I think I'm going to have to do some shopping also!!!!!!! *note DL's not going to drink the beer but she will drink her WINE... mmm wine

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 29th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Are you a chardonay or merlot woman? My dad makes his own Wine and I can drop you off a few bottles next time I run through Mississippi.

Which is Soon since the Saints play Buffalo in 2 weeks, Woohoo!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 29th, 2007, 08:18 AM
umm hmm uhhh ok yall going to think I'm stupid but not sure what chardonay or merlot is... haha..I'm a country girl I have no clue what those big uptown words are... lol....

All I know is I like the sweet wines. Not the bitter ones. I've got 5 bottles still from our trip to the smokies. But when Wayne gets home I'll have one bottle less... Yep we going to drink us some. Oh what wine does to me... umm ok TMI.. Anyway what kind does your dad make Andypandy??? I just mite take you up on that offer...

Rollout
July 29th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Too funny DL :)
Then DON"T get the Merlot (bitter red wine), the Chardonay (semi bitter white wine) might be better, but you sound like a White Zinfendel aficianato!!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 29th, 2007, 09:42 AM
I think it must depend on who makes it because the wine we have here that I love ,and makes me umm never mind, is red... it's almost like grape juice with alcohol!!!! Love this stuff got it in TN.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 29th, 2007, 10:35 AM
LOL, No problem Tonya, We make seet wines too, form watermelons, peaches, strawberry's pear's, just about anything seet the old man can grow next to the corn fields. He also does a sweet muscadine whine. I'll hook you up.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 29th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I've never had Watermelon or pear wine before. Can't remember if I had strawberry before or that would be good. We have 2 bottles of muscadine, 2 Mountain Vally Red, and 1 Mountain Berry.. How much does your daddy charge?
This is the winery we go to in TN.. http://www.mountainvalleywinery.com/

Wayne and I were in mobile last time he was in and Wayne said if we had Andypandy's number we would go by and see him and drink a few...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 29th, 2007, 02:41 PM
LMFAO, Charge. There's no charge. We make wine becuase its fun. Also, you stated that you like muscadine wine. This makes sense becuase muscadine wines are made traditionally by adding sugar during the fermentation process (well actually before in the mash before you seal it up to ferment). This makes it sweet but also changes its classification from a semi sweet wine to what is reffered to as a "dessert wine". For this I would recommend a black muskat wine like Elysium. Now I'm no wine expert my any means and have been forever tainted by the joy and love of making wine with my Dad from stuff we grew on the farm. Muscadine wine is one of my favorites and I will definately be telling Dad to send me some bottles soon and will get a few extra for you. The only thing he ever asks for his wine is bottles. Its hard to get enough bottles so if youcould save your bottles he would love that.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 29th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I have 2 empty bottles here I could give you. And as soon as Wayne gets home we should have another bottle empty. I told him I wanted to take one night and drink a bottle!! LOL.. I'll save them for you if you like..

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 29th, 2007, 06:20 PM
10-4

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 29th, 2007, 07:25 PM
wow...that looks freakin awesome...if I only had a grill!

MAN FOUL!!!! No grill?..... From April to November, there is rarely a night where we don't use our grill.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 29th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah What man don't own a grill? ..... It's just like the no fishing thing... I thought every man owns a grill and knows how to fish......

Whats the world coming to.............

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==