PDA

View Full Version : Infantry only Scrim....

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 23rd, 2007, 08:37 AM
I'm going to try and get us a match with the Sniper Group, likely IO. I'll keep you posted.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 23rd, 2007, 10:20 AM
10-4

Rollout
July 23rd, 2007, 10:43 AM
I'm all over a ground pound scrim, bring it on!!!!!

LA_MERC_johncst
July 23rd, 2007, 04:08 PM
cool

Ab1dab1
July 23rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
Infantry only with the Sniper group.....is their whole team gonna just snipe?

We should come in as all medics ;)

Let me know when.

Abi

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 23rd, 2007, 04:58 PM
Well... as off sided the match was last time... I'm not sure they are going to be real keen on a strait up I/O scrim... we may need to give them a little something... but then again, they know what to expect from us.. so maybe they will plan ahead this time.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
*sigh... Well again it seems our reputation has prevented another competition. Anyone have any idea's? Maybe the Alabama Gaming people..??

i dont think many of the sn][pers wanna do an all out IO scrim, we wanna do what we do best, a sniping scrim... I think we have only ever done one sniping only scrim and the other group left after one round...

LA_MERC_johncst
July 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
we can do that just need time to get ready

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 23rd, 2007, 06:50 PM
well, I only have maybe 25 hours as a sniper, and dont know all the good points to hide at on any given map... but I would still be willing to give it a shot... I like the Sniper group guys.. maybe its time we played on their terms just to find out if we can at least give them a good fight.

"And I think we should hold true to a 3 round match, unless they win the first 2, and not bug out after 1 ass wooping.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 23rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
I'm sniper.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
July 23rd, 2007, 07:20 PM
Ill scrim yall! Im an army of one...

Rollout
July 23rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
Let's snipe the noob losers!!!!!!! We can beat the F....!!!!

We can use Lockout as bait and just send him out on foot patrol to spot out the snipers!!! :)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 23rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Ill scrim yall! Im an army of one...

LMAO!!!

Highwind... you is one Krazzy fooo...

We need to make sure we get Highwind in on our next one... so he can show us how its done. :)

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
July 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Ill be sure to sit idle in the main uncap the whole scrim... thats how its done... ;)

Chi_Townz
July 24th, 2007, 06:01 AM
We should just do it anyway...Regardless of out come. Make em a deal Wetz.. Snip one game then come back for some reg ars whooping!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 24th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Well if we have the interest in a sniper only match here are the rules you can expect. The maps will only be Dragon Valley, Mashtuur City and Gulf of Oman all set to 16 players. There is no crossing of the area that divides the map or capping flags other than the one found on our side of the map. This is a hide and shoot game, mainly from long distance. While I share our confidence in any format, be advised it will be very frustrating to some of our members who are not used to this sit and shoot style, and our adversaries MOSTLY play this style. They have HUNDREDS of hours on these maps, playing one kit and one kit only. The know exactly where to hide, and where to shoot from, they have the "drop" figured exactly from multiple areas of the map.

Also remember there will be NO UAV and NO SCAN!! Commanders are limited to supply drop only. If we are interested I will make it happen and may be able to coax a I/O scrim from them in turn.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 24th, 2007, 07:09 AM
My post at Sniper Gamers; so we shall see!!

Update! I have posted your request for a Sniper only scrim with LA_MERC and I'm pleased to announce there is enough interest in this style of scrim to begin talking dates, player numbers, maps etc.

LA_MERC would be willing to play your clans primary style in a scrim if you would be willing to participate in a return Scrim in an all out I/O match to be held some time in the near future.

This would then complete a series of scrims in the three main styles of play, all out with vehicles, Sniper only, and all out infantry only.

Thanks for considering our proposal, hopefully we can work out terms satisfactory to each group!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Well, i would like them to know that from my point of view.. they are a good clan to associate with.. and I feel we will learn a hard lesson or 2 from these guys in sniper only mode... but In return I think it would also be a challenge for these guys to try and strive to become better at our formate of game play... if we set up a relationship of Scrims of different formates from time to time.. I believe it could be an educational experience for both clans, and also break the monotony of the same formate day after day. :)

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 24th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Sniper only can be a lot of fun, Oman and Dragon Valley are pretty sweet. Oman on US you can totally dominate becuase you have better cover and shooting lines. I prefer the berm right behind the train cars, you can run up the berm to locate targets and run back and hide reload. On Dragon Valley if you get into the middle section your kinda exposed but you expose a lot of their good sniper spots. I'm not a great sniper like some of the nubs here or in the wild blue pubs, but I've thrown down some serious massacrees on those 2 maps using said strategys. I've done OK on Masshtuur City but not nearly as well as on the other 2.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 24th, 2007, 10:11 AM
EX!! Are you back in the game Brother?? God that would be sweet!

LA_MERC_goose
July 24th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Hell no! He can't come back yet. I haven't doubled his score yet. :D

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
July 24th, 2007, 10:49 AM
haahhahahahaha. I am down with sniper only. I also enjoy the play style. If we need more peeps, dark knight and stockbond (gamelair), will be game for sure. I have played many rounds of sniper only with these two guys.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
UPDATE!!!!

The Date: Saturday August 4th 9:30pm CST....

Rules, Maps and details to follow soon. This will be SNIPER KIT AND STYLE ONLY!!! If you're not familiar with this style of game play I would suggest you find this website www.snipergamers.com and follow the link to the SNIPER only server, play a few rounds and see what we are up against.

Thats is all...

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 24th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Nah I'm still trying to focus on studying. Actually I was going to reinstall this past week but didn't get around to it. I'm not sure I know what my password is for BF2 anymore either, that would really suck if I lost all my stats.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 24th, 2007, 02:11 PM
eeeewwwww Yes that would suck!!! :( Better hurry and reload the game!!

Rollout
July 24th, 2007, 02:56 PM
GREAT to see you "X" !!!!!!!!!!!!! How are the studies going????

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM
UPDATE!!!!

The Date: Saturday August 3rd 9:30pm CST....

Wouldn't you know I'm going to be on call... but, as long as I don't get a service call I can be there.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 25th, 2007, 07:28 PM
i might make get the BF2 juices flowing again for some comp play
:)
count me in as a scrub if you do not have enough volunteers

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 25th, 2007, 08:11 PM
School is going fine but I'm going through a few days here where I'm sick and tired of studying with all my free time. Although busting my sack in my current job helps to remind me that if I want a decent job that pays fairly well I need to get my ass studying even harder.

Ab1dab1
July 27th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Diesel...

man it is sure gonna be hard to hold up the sniper rifle and the walker at the same time. You might have to prop up against the UAV trailer to keep the barrell steady ;)

Leave your sword at home and bring your rifle ;P

Abi

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 28th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Unless your level is high enough to deflect bullets with your sword...:stick

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==