PDA

View Full Version : 50lb Beaver!!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 12th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Huge Beaver…

So I’m out at my place in Kingman yesterday, taking advantage of cooler temps and a little cloud cover to cut more cedar and ready an area for some horses. After about three hours of cutting I finish up and decide to go fishing for a couple of hours as the wind lies down and the sun starts to set.

As I’m peacefully catching and releasing bass, and drinking a couple of cold ones, out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of a large wake swimming nearby. Well I know immediately it’s a large and pesky Beaver!! Having recently dispatched of a couple of them in March it is now time for others to move into my cozy pond and take over for the beaver I hammered in March.

Needless to say it’s the one time Mike and I are unarmed!! No sidearm and not even a .22 in the boat! The large furry animal senses we are defenseless and of no threat to him and essentially starts swimming laps not 20 yards from the boat; back and forth, back and forth. Mike and I are cussing under our breath as we continue to fish and watch the vile beaver taunt us! Now he’s just lazily swimming around the boat mocking us! Is there nothing we can do? Then it hits me. Our caretaker is out cutting alfalfa, we passed his parked truck on the way into the farm, and he’s ALWAYS got a .22 in the cab. We can slowly motor back to shore, climb into my truck drive off the farm and down the road a couple of miles to Tony’s parked truck and grab his .22 rifle. It’s our only chance to deal with this varmint and stop the horrific taunting he’s dealing us. By this time he was out of the water, not 50 yards from me, standing up on a log EATING my precious trees!! Oh the HUMANITY of it!!

We make it over to the shore without spooking our little friend and head down the road in search of the ‘final solution’ for this tree-killing-hole-digging-pond-draining machine. There is plenty of daylight; the question is will our target still be there when we get back? Mike say’s “not a freaking chance, he’ll be back in his hole when we get back.” Respectfully and tactfully I disagree “you’re f***ing stupid, did you see how calm he was? He’ll be right where he was when we got off the pond.” :stick

After arriving back at the farm with Tony’s trusty Winchester .22 and knowing he doesn’t shoot it much we decide to make sure it’s sighted and ready to roll. Quickly we get it shooting straight and a quick wipe of the little scope has us ready to deal a lethal blow to our nemesis. Sure enough we get back out to the pond and the little bastard is basically still in the same spot gnawing on my precious bass cover! We get in the boat and slowly move toward the huge hairy beaver, I take a look through the scope, it’s so small I can’t really locate my aim point on this log-eater. I take a quick look through my binoculars and see the tree-chewing bastage is sitting on a log half in the water with his head facing to the right; nearly broadside. I raise the Winchester and draw bead on an area right behind his head (by now Mike’s cut the trolling motor and were slowly drifting toward our quarry, about 50 yards out) I pull the trigger and that fat beaver jumps about 3 feet in the air and lunges for the high grass of the nearby bank. Only he can’t get into the grass, now he’s thrashing/swimming through the shallow water diagonal and broadside to me. He’s hurt bad, I hit that smelly beaver hard with the first shot and now I’ve got him right in front of me with no where to hide. Quickly I draw a bead (best to two-eye shoot on a moving target) and cap off two quick rounds into his side and head. Mike’s hollering “Kill it! Kill it!!” I tell him “calm down he’s dead, look at the air bubbles pouring out of his face!” The beaver is toast, and quickly sinks to the bottom.

Mike gives me a quick high five and tells me “you blasted the hell outta that beaver, nice going, you really taught that beaver a lesson.” We retrieved the beaver carcass from the pond and motored back to shore and snapped a few beaver shots!

This thing weighed between 40 and 50 lbs. It was the largest beaver I’ve ever dealt with and I was happy to see it expire. I hope I never see a beaver that big again.

LA_MERC_Nutria
July 12th, 2007, 02:34 PM
It's a nutria with a flat tail
YOU BASTARDS!!!!

LA_MERC_Spark
July 12th, 2007, 02:36 PM
damn wetz... why so hard on the beaver? :D

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 12th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Shame on you!!!! You can't kill the cute little beavers..... He had a family you know....

So What kind of stew did you make out of him?

LA_MERC_Nutria
July 12th, 2007, 02:44 PM
;200866']Shame on you!!!! You can't kill the cute little beavers..... He had a family you know....

So What kind of stew did you make out of him?

That would be my department dear.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 12th, 2007, 02:47 PM
;200866']Shame on you!!!! You can't kill the cute little beavers..... He had a family you know....

My lady this is a pest... The reason my best pond is nearly devoid of any shade is because of these tree eating, pond draining varmint. They pop holes and drain watershed for the fun of it... In my part of the country Beaver Damage is a huge problem. I drop the furry bastages whenever I can.

Hey DL anytime you want to come west and shoot a few Prairie Dogs let me know... a .243 will make those little hole diggers fly about 6 feet in the air!!!:stick

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 12th, 2007, 02:52 PM
My lady this is a pest... The reason my best pond is nearly devoid of any shade is because of these tree eating, pond draining varmint. They pop holes and drain watershed for the fun of it... In my part of the country Beaver Damage is a huge problem. I drop the furry bastages whenever I can.

Hey DL anytime you want to come west and shoot a few Prairie Dogs let me know... a .243 will make those little hole diggers fly about 6 feet in the air!!!:stick

I'm a bad shot. I couldn't even kill a deer until last year when I finely got me one.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 12th, 2007, 02:54 PM
That would be my department dear.

You would eat a beaver??? ............:cook:

LA_MERC_Nutria
July 12th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I do..
I have eaten nutria before... it is not bad at all.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 12th, 2007, 03:18 PM
wow this thread has noting to do with what I thought it wasgoing to be. But you sure did pound that beaver!

LA_MERC_Onji
July 12th, 2007, 03:21 PM
lol i had the same thought robby

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 12th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Wow... Great story David... And some great pictures too.

LA_MERC_Nutria
July 12th, 2007, 03:27 PM
wow this thread has noting to do with what I thought it wasgoing to be. But you sure did pound that beaver!

If it would have been what you were thinking, I for one would not have wanted to see it. If the beaver is 50lbs could you imagine the rest of it?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 12th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Hummm dont want too....

Hamburger
July 12th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Probably would be 48 pounds of HAIR! Yuk!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 12th, 2007, 04:42 PM
OH...... MY........ GOODNESS!!!!!!!........

I knew someone would say something like that.... Why on earth would anyone call it a beaver I don't know but hey I guess it could be worse.....

ANYWAY... OFF TOPIC.........

LA_MERC_Nutria
July 12th, 2007, 04:55 PM
;200883']OH...... MY........ GOODNESS!!!!!!!........

I knew someone would say something like that.... Why on earth would anyone call it a beaver I don't know but hey I guess it could be worse.....

ANYWAY... OFF TOPIC.........

Because it 'eats wood' get it?
Would you rather it be called a wasp nest?

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 12th, 2007, 05:18 PM
A Woody got it!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Spark
July 13th, 2007, 08:05 AM
beaver eatin is good! Just gota make sure ya shave it first. :D

LA_MERC_Nutria
July 13th, 2007, 08:31 AM
gotta hate when the hair gets caught in yer teeth

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 13th, 2007, 09:10 AM
gotta hate when the hair gets caught in yer teeth

Yea,,, But thats about the only time I get to floss...

Its all about the hygiene...:)

LA_MERC_Spark
July 13th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I puked in my mouth a little.... :(

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
July 13th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Another keyboard dead! FECK ME!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 13th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Dudes, thats why if it looks like a crazed Chinaman could climb out of the underbrush still fighting WWII, I'll vacate the vicinity. High and Tight is the only way to go, a journy into the underbrush is one job this American just won't do!! :stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 13th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Bush Hog reporting for duty sir.
Just show me where and I'm diving in. From Wookies to scalped Andy doesn't cull anyhting.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 14th, 2007, 02:30 PM
LMAO!!!!

Gump! Check out this hole!!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 14th, 2007, 04:08 PM
you guys... you guys....:emb:eek::sos::shootme::dunno:havemercy Don't know what we're going to do with you boys

LA_MERC_Heater
July 14th, 2007, 11:38 PM
OMG Andy your the bomb buddy...Need to start calling you Mikey.."He eats anything"..lol

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
July 15th, 2007, 02:42 AM
ROFLMAO!

Rollout
July 15th, 2007, 07:18 PM
OK, I gotta say it, Damn Wetz you have a NICE Beaver..ROTFLOL!!!!!!!! :)

LA_MERC_Spark
July 16th, 2007, 08:10 AM
LMAO... Damn Andy... I've gone into the wilds on occasion, but most times I enforce a mandatory clearing.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 16th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Are we talking Slash and burn, or A more environmentally friendly process??

Daedelus
July 16th, 2007, 08:56 PM
how sad. shooting a beaver hes one of gods anilmals. he just trying to survive and here comes along a human again all they do is kill.

LA_MERC_Spark
July 16th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Are we talking Slash and burn, or A more environmentally friendly process??

you don't slash and burn the weeds in your garden... you rip em out.... same applies to wild under growth! :D

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 17th, 2007, 07:06 AM
you don't slash and burn the weeds in your garden... you rip em out.... same applies to wild under growth! :D

OH NO YOU DIDN"T JUST SAY..... "RIP EM OUT" You so wrong for that!!!!

LA_MERC_Spark
July 17th, 2007, 08:05 AM
It's the ONLY way to roll.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 17th, 2007, 03:49 PM
;201033']OH NO YOU DIDN"T JUST SAY..... "RIP EM OUT" You so wrong for that!!!!

Well.... just remember the story about the WAX, and the tub of hot water...

YEEEEEOW!!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Well.... just remember the story about the WAX, and the tub of hot water...

YEEEEEOW!!!

LOL Yeah I do! lol... I haven't tryed the hot wax. Thats something the pro's needs to do... NOT SAYING I"M GOING TO GET THAT DONE!!!!

ANYWAY,,

Wayne has a clip that he wanted to post but didn't get a chance to post it but when he gets home He's going to post it in the drunkn' forums. THATS THE ONLY PLACE HE CAN PoST IT... It will go with my hot wax post easy!!!!lol...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 17th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hummm... Im scared..LOL

Chi_Townz
July 18th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Well, I guess its to late to post something non sexual eh??

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 19th, 2007, 06:21 AM
^^ NEVER too late for that...^^^

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 19th, 2007, 08:37 AM
OK thank goodness I grew up with My 2 older brothers and wayne and all there friends... because you guys are crazy. Thats all guys think about is something sexual!!!

*DL shakes her head and lol.....

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 19th, 2007, 09:24 AM
;201134']Thats all guys think about is something sexual!!!

*DL shakes her head and lol.....

And that is a bad thing..why???

Rollout
July 19th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Nice avatar Wetz, it seems very clean, nothing that should offend DL, or ummm bother the rest of us either.......:)

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 19th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Nice avatar Wetz, it seems very clean, nothing that should offend DL, or ummm bother the rest of us either.......:)

Offend me!!! NOOOOO.... Anyone can lick a ice cream cone!!! I can do it better then that, just ask Dragon...

I will say this.. I LOVE watching Wayne lick an icecream cone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah.................

LA_MERC_Spark
July 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM
O.o ummm....Thanks DL... I feel... a little more dirty than usual now :D

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 19th, 2007, 12:28 PM
O.o ummm....Thanks DL... I feel... a little more dirty than usual now :D

Your welcome!!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM
The avatar of the Ice Cream chick? Is there a problem with a nice young lady eating ice cream on a hot summer day? It's not like she jammed it down her gullet eight or nine times in a row.....really fast!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 19th, 2007, 02:07 PM
The avatar of the Ice Cream chick? Is there a problem with a nice young lady eating ice cream on a hot summer day? It's not like he jammed it down her gullet eight or nine times in a row.....really fast!!

Nothing at all wrong with it, if I were "hot" I would be licking a ice cream as well....

""""he jammed it down her gullet eight or nine times in a row....."""

LMAO!!!!!!! hahaha.... wink wink

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
July 19th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I puked in my mouth on the Wayne licking visual. Thanks DL

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 19th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Your welcome! Rook glad I could make your day with that! lol....
I do like watching him eat ice cream tho. I have a reason behind that but I ain't tell'.....

AND WETZ changed his post!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamburger
July 19th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Oh my "virgin" eyes!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah sorry about that Us merc's need to come with a warning sign!!!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 19th, 2007, 03:59 PM
The warning sign would be a thread 54 post's long titled "50lb Beaver".... HA!

I never really noticed, but the chick in my avatar does have a fat tongue and gives the cone a nice little flip three quarters of the way through it..... NNNNIIIIICCCCEEEE.. :devil

Hamburger
July 19th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I think YellowDog's Avatar does the tongue flip too.

Gotta watch really closely

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 19th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Well,
dogs can be a womans best friend too..

Give me some sugar baby!!!

Rollout
July 19th, 2007, 08:25 PM
The flip is what makes it for me!! Oopps DL don't read this please, we ARE sick, um h...... puppies at ALL times!!! :)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 19th, 2007, 09:03 PM
You know... this thread has gone so far off from where it started it aint even funny...

But I like it..LOL!!! Guess thats what makes these forums so much darn fun :)

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 19th, 2007, 10:04 PM
The flip is what makes it for me!! Oopps DL don't read this please, we ARE sick, um h...... puppies at ALL times!!! :)

LOL... Boy I tell you what we could go on and on, on the beavers, hair or with out, lick flips, ice cream, DRAGON, yellers dog!!! Se theres so much we could talk about!!! LOL....

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 25th, 2007, 07:39 PM
LMAO Dirge!!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==