PDA

View Full Version : Apple didn't even let the iPhone sink in yet

waltersw15
July 10th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Check it out: Apple plans release of newer iPhone (http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070709/apple_nanophone.html?.v=5)

I kind of like the following quote:

Another analyst Gene Munster of Piper Jaffray said he expects Apple to bring out iPods that resemble iPhone, which features such as a touch-sensitive screen, later this year. Such products would help stop iPhone eating into iPod sales.

Why should that be a concern? I thought the $600 price tag was because it was an iPod + cell phone. Besides I also thought the idea (or vision) was to create products where you have to carry fewer things around (that items would have multiple functions). So in the end, why would anyone want to have an iPod <b>AND</b> a cell phone. The idea is to have one device that does both. So the logical conclusion would be for the iPhone to completely phase out iPods.

LA_MERC_goose
July 10th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I'm sorry, what is it that you're complaining about? LOL! It's all about the Bengamins, not simplicity.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
July 10th, 2007, 07:57 AM
iScrewed

What Apple offers its next wave of customers. They must have taken a page from Microsoft on this one. Why try to fix something that ain't broke. They are going to end up ruining their brand for the American dollar. Look at Harley-Davidson. Their name dropped a bit after they started the assembly line method, and opened up their market to every other bike manufacturer. Apple will end up doing the same thing to make another buck.

Ab1dab1
July 10th, 2007, 09:18 PM
What do you expect from tree huggin hippies?

They can keep their trendy iDevices and their Crapintosh OS.

Abi

Chi_Townz
July 11th, 2007, 09:40 AM
iScrewed

LOL

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==