PDA

View Full Version : talk about too mutch time on there hands

LA_MERC_johncst
July 8th, 2007, 05:33 AM
ACLU Sues City Over Jesus Painting
The Associated Press | July 03.
The American Civil Liberties Union sued the city of Slidell on Tuesday for displaying a painting of Jesus in a courthouse lobby, saying it violates the constitutional separation of church and state.

http://www.thesttammanynews.com/articles/2007/07/05/news/news01.txt

mybe the ACLU needs to play some BF2

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 8th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Hummm,,, well I'm glad theres some people out there that are willing to stand up to the ACLU. You would think the ACLU would have something better to do then waist tax payers money on a small picture of Jesus in a court house. Why not pursue more credible violations of civil liberties like, when a more qualified applicant for a job is denied that opportunity because a person of less qualifications is awarded that job based on ethnic background. That is in essence a sever violation of ones rights to fair and equal employment.

I'm sure there are plenty of cases like that to keep them so busy The ACLU wouldn't have time to bother with a picture of Jesus on a wall in a court house somewhere.

Big_ch33se
July 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Im spent commenting on the smacktards and thier silly waste of time and money.

waltersw15
July 9th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Why not pursue more credible violations of civil liberties like, when a more qualified applicant for a job is denied that opportunity because a person of less qualifications is awarded that job based on ethnic background.

Why would they do that? That's called Affirmative Action which is what they are for.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 9th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Well, IMO,,, If you look at the statement as is,,, there is no reference to What ethnic group should be favored or disadvantaged,,, in making that distinction you are in fact violating someones Civil rights..
And yea, I know that ACLU is all about helping the Down trodden and oppressed minority's in the country... So yea your right... they wouldn't pursue that one at all... there for it.

waltersw15
July 9th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Yellowdog, I hope you know I was just playing off of your omission of what race was benefitting from the civil liberties violations.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 9th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Yellowdog, I hope you know I was just playing off of your omission of what race was benefitting from the civil liberties violations.

LOL... Yea, I know you were,,, I was just using this thread as a soapbox... :)

Just venting my frustrations on how A$$ Backwards our society has become. It just kills me how these stupid people can justify waisting time on such childish things as a a picture of Jesus when we have so many other REAL problems out there that need to be dealt with.

So anyway... I know you were kidding.. you just gave me another chance to Complain.. :)

Ab1dab1
July 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Hehe....ACLU.....at least you don't have a local congressman who is still being indicted for having a freezer full of cash and using a squad of reservists to go retrieve said freezer full of cash through a flooded neighborhood shortly after hurricane Katrina.

Did I mention said individual was also an african american.....oops.....I better edit my post so that the ACLU doesn't try and sue me.

Bastages.

Abi

Chi_Townz
July 10th, 2007, 06:02 AM
hhmmm, dont get me started on this.....lol

Oh yeh, Dog already hijacked this thread...:stick:stick

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
July 10th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Who poked Yeller with a stick again? He may bite boys, and I am not aware of his vax status.

ACLU = Smacktards on this one.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==