PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes picking up the phone works...

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 28th, 2007, 09:36 AM
:)

FLASH: Senate switchboard has been shut down due to overwhelming calls: Sen. Sessions

53 (No)-46 (Yay), Cloture Goes Down. Amnesty Bill Is Dead. :heart3

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 28th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Soooo... you think their done with beating the dead horse now?

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 28th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Nah...it'll come up again soon...they say they are done till next term, but I wouldn't hold my breath

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 29th, 2007, 02:19 AM
F*cking politicians.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
June 29th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I don't think they will get the point until we throw a few of the bums out.

"The president's major initiatives — No Child Left Behind started with Kennedy and a few Republicans; the prescription drug bill was Kennedy and a few Republicans. And so he was going back to his standby of Kennedy and a few Republicans," Mr. DeMint said. "The idea was to marginalize the conservatives. And we would have been railroaded, run over, completely flat, if the American people hadn't gotten so mad about this."

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 29th, 2007, 03:44 PM
:)
53 (No)-46 (Yay), Cloture Goes Down. Amnesty Bill Is Dead. :heart3

Hot Damn, Finally a little representation. I'm not sure what George is smoking as of late but his arse didn't seem to have a clue as to how this would definately make the immigration problem more of a nightmare in the decades to come. Bush commented that the "status quo" was unacceptable. That may be right but the amnesty bill was no damn solution at all. That was like saying I have a headache and my only alternative is to pull out a gun and blow my head off. Sure is cures the head ache but damn you just blew your head off. Sure it stops teh status quo but I would rather have my brain intact with a little pain than to really screw up and do something that would make it worse just for teh sake of not keeping it status quo, MF'er.

I'm going to go get a beer and celebrate!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==