PDA

View Full Version : Shots of my place in Kingman...

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yellowdog posted a few shots of his great place; I thought I would share a few of our weekend getaway in Kingman. 180 acres of mainly wooded ground, excellent fishing in 3 nice sized ponds and of course the deer and turkey hunting is amazing. Been in our family for over 100 years, since 1902.

Recently it's been neglected a bit, but now that there's a new Sheriff in town she'll regain her earlier glory.

I’m in the process of moving a couple of my wife’s horse’s out there, and right now a neighbor is keeping 30 head of cattle on it.

I’ve been disappearing on the weekends (from BF2) recently and this is the reason why. There’s a lot to do of course. And while it’s not 110 degrees in the shade, I’ll be out clearing cedar and brush. I've put some before pictures of the area's were I've cleared cedar and I'll show you the after shots when I'm done. I'm leaving the ones in the woods alone and just going for the ones in the pastures...

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 25th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Looks sweet man. Can't wait to see the after pics.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
June 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Looks like a great place to relax (when the tree cutting is done for the day). Awesome stuff. I'm sure your son will (and does) enjoy it.

LA_MERC_johncst
June 25th, 2007, 02:24 PM
nice show us the stripers that you bring there

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 25th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I like the building looks like a converted barn...looks solid though :)

As far as the hardwoods go...Im all about keeping as much tree growth as possible.

1.- to preserve whats there.
2.- To have an under story to replace whats there after the dominant trees die.

SO dont get 2 chain saw happy.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
June 25th, 2007, 03:39 PM
very very nice wetz

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 25th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Well the tree's in this part of Kansas are not like those in others... There are no hardwoods here, the trees on my property are; Cottonwood, Siberian Elm, and Catalpa. There are no Oaks, Maples or trees considered hard wood. Primarily I'm reducing the number of Cedars that are invading the pasture ground, I'm not turning this into a Cow pasture area. But I'm interested in reducing the Cedars to the main creek area and the area's I know the deer like to use as a travel and bedding areas.

SweetGirL
June 25th, 2007, 08:32 PM
VERY NICE....but reminds me of a location from the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movie!!!!! eek! I'd be sooo scared!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 26th, 2007, 04:31 PM
ChainSaws... I love my Chainsaw.... Muhahahaha

Chi_Townz
June 26th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Damn Wetz...Thats HOT!

You hostin the BBQ this year??

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 26th, 2007, 09:52 PM
VERY NICE....but reminds me of a location from the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movie!!!!! eek! I'd be sooo scared!

WOW it does, don't it..... lol...

Nice place tho...

Ab1dab1
June 30th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Hey Wetz.....nice pics....looks like a lot of open space.

But I have an important question: What is the detached basement for?

Down here in the south I've heard of detached garages, but why ya want one underground? It kinda makes it hard to get your car and lawn mower in and out of.

Abi

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 30th, 2007, 05:02 PM
The gray square you're looking at is actually the well cover. The water system and well sit about 5 feet below ground so there is never any threat of the well freezing. There is electricity to it and we keep a light in there during the coldest weeks of winter... The mower and such are stored in a tack barn down the lane a bit...

Ab1dab1
July 1st, 2007, 07:17 PM
I thought it was a storm shelter. Not sure how frequent tornadoes are in KS.

If I lived about 20 miles northwest of where I am now I could have an Abita water well. It must be nice to have non-chlorinated water to drink :)

Abi

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==