PDA

View Full Version : 1408

SweetGirL
June 25th, 2007, 10:20 AM
A little FYI:

Maybe it's bc I saw this movie at midnight, which tends to make thrillers more intense for me, but this movie was one of the best ones I've seen in a while! Despite Samuel L. Jackson's poor acting (my usual take on him - exception "Pulp Fiction"), his part was minimal, and I just loved the movie. Stephen King is such an amazing writer, imo.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 25th, 2007, 11:19 AM
I'm not big on scary movies but I do want to see this one..

I'm waiting on the last Harry Potter

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 25th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Harry dies.. the end

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 25th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I heard that 1408 had a weak ending that you saw coming for about 15 minutes ahead of time. I am not one to put a lot of stock in "modern" scary movies. I think the peoples idea of it was, "It would have made a great 2 hr. TV movie."

That is just what I heard though. I will try to watch it sometime. My wife hates scary movies, so I will be soloing it.

waltersw15
June 25th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I will be soloing too. My wife doesn't like scary movies, and I'm a big Stephen King fan. However, movies and TV never take the place of reading the books.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 25th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Tru dat tru dat.

SweetGirL
June 25th, 2007, 12:01 PM
"1408" is intense...not scary or horror.

(SCARY: When you are 10 years old and sneak into "Aliens" @ the movie theater without your mother knowing.

SCARY: 5 years of haunting dreams ABOUT "Aliens".

SCARY: Being 35 years old and having a huge mortgage, but wanting a new whip. Now THAT'S scary lol.)

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 25th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Harry dies.. the end

Nutria you're mean!!!! Lies I tell you lies....

Ab1dab1
June 30th, 2007, 12:20 PM
A little FYI:

Maybe it's bc I saw this movie at midnight, which tends to make thrillers more intense for me, but this movie was one of the best ones I've seen in a while! Despite Samuel L. Jackson's poor acting (my usual take on him - exception "Pulp Fiction"), his part was minimal, and I just loved the movie. Stephen King is such an amazing writer, imo.

Aww.....come on now Sweetgirl, are you telling me you didn't think that Jackson did a fabulous job with that wonderfull screenplay "Snakes on a Plane"???

Abi

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==