PDA

View Full Version : June 28-30 Lan. Please read.. need input.

yester
June 13th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Alright, everyone. Because Merc changed the date to August something for the BayouFest and I still want one in June, I'm thinking about organizing one ANYWAYS on the 28-30. It's a good weekend, trust me.

Well, First thing I need to do is see who all could make it to the thing and then the next thing on the agenda is to get the help of a few Mercs. (Mercy-- You've been here before)

So, please, post here and tell me if you guys can make it. Once I get the list, I'll start working on getting things set in stone.

I went to the West Monroe Convention Center and got some prices on the 50 person rooms... 150 bucks a day. So, two days would be.. (you guessed it).. 300 bucks. I don't know if it would be cost effective to do one longer than that. On top of the 300 to just rent the room and tables, we have to pay 10 bucks per 2 plug outlet. So, it's basically 5 bucks a person to plug up. And hence, we do a little more multiplication... 5x50 = 250 dollars for electricity. So, if we all get together and get this thing up and planned, the approximate total cost would be around 550 to do it at the West Monroe Convention Center. If we did that, we'd have to charge like 10-15 bucks a head depending on how many sign up.

However, I am open to suggestions. If someone knows of a place that would could set up in for (dare I say it) free, or something better than 150 a day... POST. We need to know these things to bring all of you guys a cheaper place to play.

Thanks for your cooperation.

p's- If anyone wants to help us get in on the planning, e-mail me.. [email protected] Thanks. We need all the help we can get.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 13th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Call me crazy but I don't see how in de h3ll you can pull that off in 2 weeks. BFF is taking MONTHS to organize....good luck though...you'll need it.

Scott

cd
June 13th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Scott you'd be surprised... but Tom here is a pimp... Pimp Tom Pimp.. sorry, but anyways we'll have this thing working money back gurantee. :)

LA_MERC_Avatar
June 13th, 2002, 12:53 PM
nah what he is talking about you can pull off in that amount of time...but it will be hard...

Yesterday, you do realize that the rate they gave you is for only 8hrs each day? you would also have to tear everthing down at the end of each day, unless you want to pay them to have someone stay over night which will add about $400 or so to the price...

i honestly do not know of any other places that you could get at that price or lower, especially with only roughly 2 weeks notice...this is starting the busiest time of the year for weddings and receptions...

i cant say if i would be able to make those dates or not, but i do know that i could not make it on the 28th...

i wish you good luck in trying to get it going though...

LA_MERC_RiverRat
June 13th, 2002, 02:11 PM
ernie - icq me when you get a chance....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==