PDA

View Full Version : Why they call corpsmen "Pecker-Checkers"

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
June 8th, 2007, 07:45 AM
LOL...I found this old picture of me training a junior corpsman how to put in a foley catheter. I guess that's why the marines called us "pecker-checkers":):saw:

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 8th, 2007, 09:52 AM
ok that aint right

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 8th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Dude... your grill is a little close to the bits and pieces.... LOL

waltersw15
June 8th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Are you suppose to suck on the straw?

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
June 8th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Are you suppose to suck on the straw?

Ask Nooch :p

LA_MERC_Spark
June 8th, 2007, 11:55 AM
O.o ummm you can have that shizz!

Ab1dab1
June 8th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Ewww. I think there is a reason why I don't watch the surgery channel.

Abi

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 8th, 2007, 02:02 PM
OUTCH,,, Reminds me of the last time I was in the hosptal, after several hours the nurse was like,,, Have you passed water yet... Im like no,,, and I was in a lot of pain at the time... She said she wes going to put it a order for a Cathader,,, My girlfiend was like Ohhhh boy...

I was ohhhh hellll noooo... about 2 minutes later I was up and pissing in one of those funny shaped cups... LOL

you aint doing that to me,...

Daedelus
June 9th, 2007, 09:00 PM
i think if i remeber right the corpsmen where called pecker-checkers because they would ocasonally hold BAS duty or something like medical duty in the office and they where checking for STD alot after we (marines)would go sticking our hem-haws in certant girls hehe. then whining to them at sick call about it burns hehe..

Chi_Townz
June 9th, 2007, 11:19 PM
;198856']:saw:

Ok, was the really necessary?

LOL

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
June 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM
i think if i remeber right the corpsmen where called pecker-checkers because they would ocasonally hold BAS duty or something like medical duty in the office and they where checking for STD alot after we (marines)would go sticking our hem-haws in certant girls hehe. then whining to them at sick call about it burns hehe..

Yeah, it was definitely B/C of the Marines affinity for bringing back "souvenirs" from Mexico, and other third world countries, that we got pegged with the name.

Here is a funny story related to that :)

I was stationed at Camp Pendelton to run, of course, a STD clinic. One day I decided to teach a few young Marines a lesson :) The standard procedure was for me, the leading petty officer, to "educate" the Marine (as if that is possible) on the dangers of STD's, while the junior corpsman drew up the antibiotics in the syringe. Then I would take a small CTA (cotton tipped applicator) and insert it into the urethera to get a sample for culture. Of course, the Marine is ignoring you while you are speaking a) because he is thinking about the next escapade that he will embark upon, looking for new undiscovered STD's and b) because he doesn't understand a word you are saying. I decided to come up with a plan to get their attention :devil We followed standard procedure that morning, of course there was a line out the door of anxious Marines waiting for their "miracle cure". The switch was, as I was "educating" the first Marine about the dangers of STD's, the junior corpsman was in the background lubing up the CTA, BUT it was NOT the small CTA that we use for cultures.....it was a HUGE CTA that we used for putting liquid nitrogen on warts...muhahahahahaha... :) The poor young Marine sitting in front of me began to sweat profusely, and his eyes got as big as a couple of canteloups. Then, as I was still speaking, the corpsman behind me began to draw up the medication in the syringe, BUT it was not a small syringe with a tiny needle, NO...It was a HUGE 100cc syringe with a 12in spinal needle, and the "medicine" was actually this flourescent green dish washing detergent. :p That poor Marine jumped up and said "F*** THIS!!!" and ran out of the building. Needless to say, most of those guys contributed to the furthering of the Trojan Condom Company's multi million dollar empire, and I saw fewer and fewer in the STD clinic once the word of mouth spread :)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 11th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Catheter, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's ok Doc, I'll just piss myself. Tell the nurses don't mind the odor, and to change sheets 3 times a day.

Rollout
June 11th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Man I'm with Nutria, That shiot ain't right!!!!!

Oh the horror(and pain) of it all, it hurts just thinking about it!!!!! YIKES!!!!!

Daedelus
June 12th, 2007, 09:50 PM
hey witch part of pendleton where you station at? i was at camp pendleton my self haha would that be funny if i was one of those guys in line haha..

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
June 13th, 2007, 06:27 AM
hey witch part of pendleton where you station at? i was at camp pendleton my self haha would that be funny if i was one of those guys in line haha..

I was over on the training side back in 1993, I'm not exactly sure what it was called b/c I was mostly making runs from down in San Diego. I just know that they were doing a lot of desert training where I was.

Daedelus
June 13th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Cool what part of san diego where you in i was born and raissed there. so it was cool when i brother drove to boot camp and dropped me off before the bus dropped off the rest of the recruits and being station at camp pendleton i could come home some weekends.

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
June 13th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Cool what part of san diego where you in i was born and raissed there. so it was cool when i brother drove to boot camp and dropped me off before the bus dropped off the rest of the recruits and being station at camp pendleton i could come home some weekends.

Yeah, I liked San Diego. I went to corps school there at the Naval School of Health Sciences, and when I got back from PI I got stationed at Balboa Hosp. THEN I went to "C" school there for Derm Tech. I did my field training at Pendelton. I didn't know that I would have to go through TWO bootcamps to be a "green" corpsman rather than a "blue". :P

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==