PDA

View Full Version : NEW BF2 MAP RELEASED!!!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 5th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Gotta get this to our server while it's hot!

Check it out... Appears to be an Armor Wh0re's Haven!!!

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&tstart=0&threadID=231506

Download:
http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc/BF/2/Highway_Tampa_Beta_BF2.zip 63mb

Pictures:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1482104#p1482104

waltersw15
June 5th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I'm always up for new maps. Some of the screenshots make me think of Operation Smoke Screen from Euro Forces.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 5th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I'll be DL this evening and looking for a server... Word is lots of armor, Mig Vs F18, No uncaps, on the downside no Cobra's... Well I'll take what I can get from EA and Dice-bag at this point... we shall see..

LA_MERC_johncst
June 5th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I'm always up for new maps. Some of the screenshots make me think of Operation Smoke Screen from Euro Forces.
I was thinking the same thing

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Good, we need to get it on our server and populate it.... A new opportunity I see.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I'll be DL this evening and looking for a server...

You'll be me? lol...HMMMM I got a really pretty dress you can use....

J/king

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM
LMAO

LA_MERC_goose
June 5th, 2007, 02:19 PM
HA! HA! Wetzny just got PWNED!

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM
lmao...pwned by DL! two points

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 5th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I got PWNT?? HA!! Wait till I knife her about 12 straight times... Dragon ain't going to like me as DL.. I don't do the "bad" things he likes....

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
That was a bad picture. Hahahaha. I will try to D/L it tonight.<-----Like the use of the forward slash Wetz?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 5th, 2007, 03:39 PM
BTW:

I just got the upgrade, I am now a Gunnery Sergeant! Woot. 2 more unlocks.

Ab1dab1
June 5th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I've got it installed. If Goose can get it on the server that would be the BOMB!!

Abi

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 5th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I've got it installed. If Goose can get it on the server that would be the BOMB!!

Abi

Hear Hear.... GGGOOOOSSSEEE? You gonna hook us up?

I'm Downloaded and ready to roll!!! Better practice those long shots because there in the GAME!!

LA_MERC_goose
June 5th, 2007, 04:41 PM
It hasn't been loaded on the server yet. I can't add it to the rotation until the provider adds it to the server list, I guess.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 5th, 2007, 07:29 PM
is it a ranked map and did anyone load it up to the ftp. give me a link boys.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM
here you go andy, i updated the 1st post too:

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc/BF/2/Highway_Tampa_Beta_BF2.zip

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 6th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I got it not to long after that post on fileplanet. Great map but I don't think its ranked yet. I don't think the server we played on last night registered. Again, great map though.

LA_MERC_goose
June 6th, 2007, 09:12 AM
I wasn't impressed.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 6th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I got it not to long after that post on fileplanet. Great map but I don't think its ranked yet. I don't think the server we played on last night registered. Again, great map though.

From what I read at the EA site, even as a Beta, it is ranked... I like the map, I like the number of tanks and the armored units to roll in. Now there is a map where coordinated armor movement can be developed and executed. The lack of a bomber enhances that movement in my opinion.

The small village cap points are large enough to offer cover for AT infantry and TOWS actually seem to be placed in effective positions. There are plenty of roof top area's for more AT infantry to work from and scattered rock out-croppings where AT units can operate.

In the maps we played last night it was a SRAW fest. There were many times where a half dozen SRAW were streaming out at armor. There were infantry firing SRAW from various nooks and buildings that created a difficult choice for the tank driver; stay and cap the flag exposed to AT fire or hunt down the infantry and leave the flag.

As a player who needs both Support, AT and Tank time, I like this map. And considering the experience we have in our Clan driving tanks it will be fun when about six or eight of us are rolling thunder all over the map working our armor like a pack of blood-thirsty maniacs while nearly helpless infantry continuosly fire SRAW at us. Looking forward to seeing LA_MERC rolling!!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM
I agree. At one point I managed to get the F-18 and after a bombing pass went back to reload and went right over a line of M1A1 tanks (8 total) all rolling toward the gas station at top speed. With my graphics card it was quite impressive. And the few times we had a number of Merc's rolling coordinated was pure hell for the opponents. We were down 30 points on one round with only 59 points to go when Wetzny rallied the troops and the MERC convoy came back to win 11-0. Sweet games. I like the map.

LA_MERC_johncst
June 6th, 2007, 03:42 PM
well I was on for a little time but the wife hax

Chi_Townz
June 6th, 2007, 09:02 PM
']You'll be me? lol...HMMMM I got a really pretty dress you can use....
J/king
HAHAHAHAHA

Good one DL!!

waltersw15
June 7th, 2007, 08:36 AM
After playing this map last night, I noticed that my rank was private, and I received no stats for the effor.

So last night, after leaving the server, I tried to install it again. I noticed a message popup that stated that the application may not have installed properly, and wanted to know if I want to re-install it using the correct settings (By the way I'm running Vista). So I chose that. Everythings seems to have run fine.

This morning I play a round to see if anything is different. Well, my rank showed up correctly in the game this time, but in the end, no stats were updated. So it still leaves me to question whether stats for this map are really being updated, or whether I still have a problem with the installation of this map.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 7th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Well it appears as I stated above that even as a beta the servers are ranked and stats will count. I can see my stats are changing, both tank kills and time are moving. And my stats reflect the correct date for my last battle. I get my stats from Bf2player.com.

waltersw15
June 7th, 2007, 08:37 PM
One thing I will mention when looking at your stats Wetz, is that your total win / loss record for rounds matches, your totol win / loss record for maps, and Highway Tampa is not a listed map. So it still makes me wonder.

Could you have possibly played some other maps that created the perception that your stats were being recorded, or did you notice your stats being recorded after playing Highway Tampa exclusively?

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 7th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I'm only going off what I saw in the EA post in the first link I posted... My total Kills are increasing along with my armor time and Global Score. Which to me indicates the server is ranked even as a Beta per the EA information. It is still a Beta, and generally with EA there is always some hiccup, but if my total points are moving that works for me right now...

LA_MERC_DocSparky
June 7th, 2007, 10:22 PM
The three rounds that I played tonight on the map all showed up at BF2player.com. They even have the map listed (with the correct stats for me). I would have to go with Wetzny on this.

waltersw15
June 8th, 2007, 07:00 AM
I did play with the group last night on the L33tserver. Those 2 rounds I played did show up on my stats now at bf2player.com. So I will have to attribute the first night, to the problem I mentioned above with installing the map on Vista, and I guess the second time I tried to play Highway Tampa, there must have been a problem with the server I played on (firewall possibly).

Anyway, it is working for me now. And I have seen stats report from this map. I was just trying to get this all straightened out because my game time is limited, and Friday night is my main gaming night. So I would have hated playing all night tonight on Highway Tampa for nothing.

Ab1dab1
June 8th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Walter,

I've had the Private ranking bug in the past on regular maps. Although it was hit or miss if the credit caught back up with my stats. It seemed that kills/pts would but not any badges/rank items.

Abi

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
June 8th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I'm downloading it now and will install it later this afternoon. Once I get my teamspeak issue out the way I should be on tonight or sometime this weekend.

Daedelus
June 12th, 2007, 09:59 PM
so far iam loving the new map. been trying to figure out each base to capture has a diffrent lay out and diffrent way to defend it so far i like the oil refinery base close to the us starting base. narrow enought entraces that well placed at mines work well. i think the gas station post in the middle is hardest to defend with one side so open it easy to sit back and fire in to the post.
Also both the mec and US base. are both defendable i like the mec base because it so big and surrounded by fence. but the us base is confusing with the two small bases sort of next to each other.

My favorite thing on the map is the large amount of tanks. i been playing this map non-stop last 3 days and boy we have had some huge tank battles a true blast.
Only thing i wash the would add is maybe the little bird helos instead of the 2 troop helos.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 13th, 2007, 10:39 AM
so far iam loving the new map. been trying to figure out each base to capture has a diffrent lay out and diffrent way to defend it so far i like the oil refinery base close to the us starting base. narrow enought entraces that well placed at mines work well. i think the gas station post in the middle is hardest to defend with one side so open it easy to sit back and fire in to the post.
Also both the mec and US base. are both defendable i like the mec base because it so big and surrounded by fence. but the us base is confusing with the two small bases sort of next to each other.

My favorite thing on the map is the large amount of tanks. i been playing this map non-stop last 3 days and boy we have had some huge tank battles a true blast.
Only thing i wash the would add is maybe the little bird helos instead of the 2 troop helos.

Where have you been playing? I haven't noticed you on TS.

Daedelus
June 13th, 2007, 11:21 AM
got to remeber to turn my team speak on before i load up the game. i get in such a hurry as soon as i sit down i click the launch bf2 icon before i think. as for the servers i usually filter for the map at top and just pick one of the servers playing that map. most i have found are servers that paly that map only over and over. although i get dropped alot for lost connection especially in the afternoon. so i just ramdomly pick another server playing that map i usually look for the ones that have semi good ping and high server population with the map being so big and all the tank i think it would probably suck playing in a 10 on 10 type server(low population) etc. ill have to get on team speak today so if you guys are on ill hook up with yall.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==