PDA

View Full Version : Well I'll be....

LA_MERC_Spark
June 4th, 2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.cqpolitics.com/2007/06/rep_jefferson_indicted_on_16_c.html

Took the arsehats long enough...

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
June 4th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Hmmmm....wonder if he will get elected again if he is in jail..... I guess people will still vote for him....why not!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Hey, LA County relected Sherman Block and he was dead.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 4th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Gezzz... and we trust these fools to govern our nation... Dammmm...
Makes me think I could run for office, then again... no, I wouldn't sell my soul to Satan.

LA_MERC_johncst
June 4th, 2007, 03:43 PM
took there time

waltersw15
June 5th, 2007, 07:15 AM
He would get re-elected for a couple of reasons:

1) In Louisiana, we have a track record or electing or re-electing crooked politicians (for some reason, we are gluttons for punishment)

2) The NAACP would rally the troops to make sure that he would get re-elected, especially if the opponent is white. Because Louisiana would be racist if they didn't re-elect Jefferson.

LA_MERC_Drax
June 13th, 2007, 08:46 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070614/ap_on_re_us/congressman_probe

As you guessed it, the NAACP is standing by him, saying the allegations are false and they're going after a black leader to get pull attention away from the white leaders in trouble in washington. Once again, my opinion of the NAACP is they're one big, steaming pile of cow dung.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 14th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Victimization... I think the people who vote for people like Marion Berry and their kind, have a self-image that is predominately comprised of being a Victim. So when "leaders" who primarily cater to that segment of voters, find themselves on the wrong end of ethics violations, bribery probes, and criminal indictments, they will immediately tap into the vein of Victimization.

Consider the harm this causes. The voter is victimized by their own representative, mainly because the voter won't hold the official to higher standard. The voter allows the "leader" to create a false image of being a victim of the same "system" used to victimize others from their group. It's an obvious con game played by those who support and those who lead, the leaders get the goodies delivered to the masses, the masses turn their collective head when the "leader" gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Then they all chant "Help Help I'm being repressed!!"

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 14th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Bloody peasants...

LA_MERC_Yankee
June 14th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I actually voted for him in the hopes that he would get indicted. The woman he was running against wasn't any better.

SweetGirL
June 14th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Can't wait to see the verdict on this once it goes to trial. Too bad Johnny Cochran's not around for this fool. THAT would be amusing to me. "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit". lmao

Would it be: "Frozen money ain't no proof, honey!"

waltersw15
June 15th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Or "Money that's cold, doesn't mean it's been stoled" A little ebonics for effect.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==