PDA

View Full Version : You never know ...

LA_MERC_goose
June 4th, 2007, 07:40 AM
when the next time you tell someone good bye, it may be the last time. Just remember that the next time you send your loved one away, even if they're only going down the road to play ball. Two young men had picked up a third and were on their way to get the forth to play ball at a local field, not five miles down the road. Well, they didn't get to play ball at that field ...

Yesterday, Sunday June 3, 2007, South Lynches Fire Department got toned out to respond to a 29-Delta-4 which is the code for a multi vehicle wreck with injuries, entrapment possible. I was the third person on scene and the first to be in gear and talking to the patients. I had one in the pickup truck that was self extricated - category three. The second vehicle, sitting in the ditch, had three young men. One category three (not too bad off), one category two (not doing well), and one category one (we had to put the monitor on him to make sure he wasn't dead). We extricated and treated the patients to the best of our ability but sometimes it's just God's way of saying it time to come home. The young man in the back seat of the car died at the hospital.

http://www.morningnewsonline.com/midatlantic/scp/news.apx.-content-articles-FMN-2007-06-03-0020.html

Just keep this in mind next time you send your friends and family out.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 4th, 2007, 08:00 AM
ok Goose now that I'm crying!!!!
I say this to Wayne all the time. He wonders why I kiss him and hug him and say "i love you" before leaving the house to go to the store. This is why. You just never know what the Lord has in mind. Thats why I make every minute count before he leaves out for work. I don't know what I would do with out him or my kids... I would just fall apart!

LA_MERC_Yankee
June 4th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Don't know how you do the job you do Goose, but I'm glad someone is out there doing it. That really sucks. Never know when your time is up.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==