PDA

View Full Version : Fishing and Shooting...

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 2nd, 2007, 06:29 PM
Reagan, Mike and I go fishing out at our place in Kingman KS, here are a few pictures from our adventures yesterday and today. Including one LARGE alligator snapping turtle that attempted an attack on Reagan while he was playing in the runoff stream from one of our ponds. Mike's holding it after we unloaded our .22's in to it's skull. We estimated it's weight at 25 lbs.

Good Times!!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 2nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
Holly crap thats a big turtle, and some nice looking bass :)

Rollout
June 2nd, 2007, 06:53 PM
Man, Reagan looks like a Natural Born Killer :) Good Times, you'll never forget them!!!! :)

My entire family is going to Canada in 3 weeks, we fly into a lake for a week, and we are the only ones there!!! Waleye's are the target!!!

LA_MERC_johncst
June 2nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
make soup with that one

LA_MERC_Yankee
June 2nd, 2007, 11:53 PM
nice looking fish. good job

:birthday

Chi_Townz
June 3rd, 2007, 12:52 AM
Great pics wetz!

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 3rd, 2007, 10:03 AM
nice HBD!

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
June 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
looks like you had a great time! ummmmmmmm...turtle stew.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
June 3rd, 2007, 01:59 PM
Looks like a lot of fun! I love the sight of those bass. It brought back a lot of good memories of fresh water bass fishing. I'm sure it will for Reagen as well.

The turtle made me think of this one that my dad caught when I was little.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 3rd, 2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks! Yeah we always have a good time Reagan and I. He's shooting that .22 you saw and he had a nice group of 8 on a groundhog target we have set at forty yards. He shoots from the ground with the rifle sitting on a little bench I rigged for him. He finds and holds the target really well!

The Bass are nice, but right now we've still not gotten on the any of the Big Ol' hogs I know are in there. Our biggest so far this year is about 4 pounds and I know we've got some twice that size in there.

We didn't eat that turtle, but I gave it to a friend of mine who is working some beaver sets on the another pond we have. Those pesky beaver will tear stuff up if you don't control them. Our friend plans on eating that tough o' bugger!! Doc the one you're standing on is HUGE!!

LA_MERC_johncst
June 3rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
doc how old is that pic

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 3rd, 2007, 06:15 PM
Don't mean to be negative, but where I'm from, that's a medium size turtle. Good eating size though. I've seen em get upwards of 100 lbs and 3-4 feet long.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
June 3rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
That picture is probably 35 years old. The turtle was a snapper and a mean one at that. He snapped a garden hoe handle in half while he still had some fight in him. I think my dad must have had some issues in letting us get that close to him. Of course back then, we didn't wear shoes or even know what a seat belt was for (if the cars had them). BTW, Dirge we did make turtle soup out of that one.

LA_MERC_Spark
June 3rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
nice HBD!
COCKSUCKER!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==