PDA

View Full Version : I remember when...

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 17th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Ok, so I saw this in another forum.

The point is...we all come from different walks of life and are all various ages...so post something that you remember.

I remember when gas was less than $1 a gallon.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
May 17th, 2007, 10:21 AM
wandering the woods with a .22 would not get the FBI-ATF-Local police called on you.

LA_MERC_goose
May 17th, 2007, 10:37 AM
97 cent when I filled up graduation night. Man! WTH?!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
May 17th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I remember when I thought people who were Thirty were "old"....

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 17th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I remember the first night MTV aired.. and the first Music Video aired was "Video Killed the Radio star",,, by the Buggles...

I was young.. but the fact that I remember seeing it.. thats SAD.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 17th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I remember when MTV played VIDEOS...just like you, dog!

LA_MERC_sexy_dragon
May 17th, 2007, 12:35 PM
i remember my third grade teacher use to whip my butt every morning before school for the things i was going to do that day.

LA_MERC_Spark
May 17th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I remember when all I HAD to do was wake up and go to school.. Damn that seemed like such a heavy burden at the time! LMAO!

waltersw15
May 17th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I remember when multiplayer gaming required both people to be sitting in the same room at the same game console, and Atari graphics were cool.

LA_MERC_johncst
May 17th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I remember when D&D was paper and pencil

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 17th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I remember when a persons word and a hand shake were good enough.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM

OMFG!!! I remember the guys at Boy Scout camp playing that until the weeeee hours of the night.. All I could think to myself was... They have no Life... They have no life... LOL

waltersw15
May 17th, 2007, 07:00 PM

I remember that too. I even still have some of the original books along with some of the mini adventure books.

I remember when kids used to settle their differences with their fists on the playground instead of using guns.

waltersw15
May 17th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I remember when the price of popcorn and a drink cost less than the price of the ticket to get into the movie.

Rollout
May 17th, 2007, 08:11 PM
OK youngins', let's just take a little stroll down memory lane.
I grew up with 1 black and white TV, that you had to change channels by hand, ABC, NBC, and CBS. I now have 3 TV's, and one is a 46 inch Samsung DLP HD with 5000 channels of ****:) I saw Neil Armstrong step foot on the moon live. I was alive when Kennedy was shot. I saw the calculator created, computers that took up an entire office and can't hold a candle to my gaming rig. We have three in the house and two operate off of a wireless router. We have mobile phones more advanced than Star Trek thought of, if only I could beam places, I loved that show!!! We plotted graphs with a dot matrix printer, have you even heard of the relic? I have 3 color printers that produce picture quality prints. I remember when 40 was dead, and thinking I'll NEVER make it to that age(**** I'm pushing 50 and still think I'm 20), and gas was 25 cents a gallon in the seventies. :)

You won't believe what you will see in your life times!!! Have fun doing it, and don't make mountains out of speed bumps!!!! Carry on men, and women!!!

aCiD
May 17th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I remember when Cell phones weren't all over the place and WHEN YOU could go the the movie's and watch a movie without a 12 year old talking about some type of BS shirt she got 1/2 off to some other 12 year old sitting TWO ROWS DOWN!

waltersw15
May 17th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I remember when a TV was actually considered like a piece of furniture and when you turned it off, the screen went down to a single dot of light in the middle of the screen.

Does anybody remember why a TV remote is sometimes called a "clicker?"

aCiD
May 17th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Because souther people dont bother saying two words for one thing "Remote control"? "clicker"

guilty

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 17th, 2007, 09:20 PM
actually - it's because the first remote controls, created by Zenith operated by sound frequencies - they actually clicked...

Big_ch33se
May 17th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I remember when the saints had never caught scent of the play-offs.

BigOne
May 17th, 2007, 10:15 PM
i remember some of the great mercs from the past like madone and rpsniper

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
May 18th, 2007, 02:28 AM
I remember you to BigOne. I still come around some just not playing CS and never did get BF.

waltersw15
May 18th, 2007, 04:25 AM
I remember when baseball and football cards came 15 to a pack and only cost 25 cents.

LA_MERC_Spark
May 18th, 2007, 08:21 AM
pshhh... I remember when my uncles TRS80 with space warp and scarf man was uber l337! 16k all the way baby!!!!

LA_MERC_Spark
May 18th, 2007, 08:23 AM
I remember watching Star Wars at the Do Drive In Theater... do drive in theaters even exist anymore?

waltersw15
May 18th, 2007, 09:26 AM
do drive in theaters even exist anymore?

Sometimes in smaller towns, you still see them. Most likely for nostalgia purposes.

I remember when country music used to top the top 40 charts.

waltersw15
May 18th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I remember when Michael Jackson was black.

LA_MERC_goose
May 18th, 2007, 11:01 AM
do drive in theaters even exist anymore?
Lakewood, CO has one; two screens showing new movies too.

I remember when Nascar had Pontiacs and Dodges, that ran well every race.

Rollout
May 18th, 2007, 06:06 PM
LMFAO Walter me too, I liked him when I was a kid and he was black !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Shadow
May 19th, 2007, 08:23 AM
I remember when we actually had privacy. People couldn't get in contact with you every second of every day.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 19th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I remember when we actually had privacy. People couldn't get in contact with you every second of every day.

Amen... brother...

The days before cell phones, the internet, and G.P.S.....And you could actually date somone that didnt get mad because you didn't TEXT-message, or call them when you got to work, when you go to break, go to lunch, get home, Ect... Ect...

LA_MERC_Shadow
May 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I don't even carry my personal cell phone at work only my work nextel. If it's urgent then my wife/family etc can call the hospital.

What bothers me is to see 7 and 8 yo kids with cell phones. WTF?? How far is that kid going away from the house that he needs a cell phone? And I dunno but seems like a parent might want to know whose house the kid is at and who the parents are.

I also remember when we could say things like a person is retarded or black or a hundred other things that aren't politically correct.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
May 19th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I remember when waiting in line a the grocery stores, if the line got too long, the store would open another register....oops sorry, just got back from Wal-Mart.

Big_ch33se
May 20th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I have a pretty extensive collection of D and D edition 3 books. All the core books and a lot of supllimental stuff. Too bad puters ruined it with their online rpgs. Nobody wants to actually get together, drink beer and play face to face anymore.

waltersw15
May 20th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Before D&D, I remember when dice only had 6-sides.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I remember when you could call things as you saw them.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==