PDA

View Full Version : Just got BF2.

the noxious
May 10th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Ok, I just got Battlefield 2 Complete Collection, and I was wondering what servers you guys play on, and when. my in-game name is Akratos.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
May 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Alright! Congrats... and welcome to BF2... We pub and play our LA_MERC server... IP to the left.. Are you familiar with the install sequence of BF2 and SF? etc?

BF2
Patch 1.41
SF
Patch 1.41

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

If you don't have Teamspeak2 DL that.... PM you the password etc...

the noxious
May 10th, 2007, 01:44 PM
i patched the game twice with the 1.41 patch, but on the main screen in BF2 is says it's still 1.12 or something, i dont get it.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 10th, 2007, 02:24 PM
welcome to the world of EA

LA_MERC_Spark
May 10th, 2007, 02:35 PM
ch33se can't play sf anymore, and the other expansions would not activate. The serial number provided was "invaild"..... bastages!

the noxious
May 10th, 2007, 05:55 PM
If i'd of known I'd be having this many problems with this Bf2 Complete Collection DVD, i would of told EA to shove it.
It seems I can't install Armored Fury nor Euro Force. i tried using the EA Link to put in the code, but it says it's invalid. Why does EA feel like to hurt their customers like this?
I paid 40 bucks for this, and I can't run certain parts of it.
When i try to explore the dvd, i can hear it reading it, but it just locks up giving me a "Not Responding".
And I can't return this game to walmart.
Please, any help would be great.
Oh and the game seemingly wants to run like poop every now and then, even though I have a damn good system.
EA - FTL.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
May 10th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Make sure you have the latest version of your video drivers. The newer ones usually have tweaks that help BF2 performance. The next thing you should consider short term is to disable Anti-Virus when playing.

As far as EA link is concerned, have you created an online account with the EA website? If so, then make sure you are logged into the account when entering the code. You can also check your subscriptions and link your account with your BF2 player name.

If all else fails, send EA an email. You would think that they would at least respond to paying customers (or not). If you are still having the problems, I'll try looking through the EA boards.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 10th, 2007, 07:22 PM
If i'd of known I'd be having this many problems with this Bf2 Complete Collection DVD, i would of told EA to shove it.
It seems I can't install Armored Fury nor Euro Force. i tried using the EA Link to put in the code, but it says it's invalid. Why does EA feel like to hurt their customers like this?
I paid 40 bucks for this, and I can't run certain parts of it.
When i try to explore the dvd, i can hear it reading it, but it just locks up giving me a "Not Responding".
And I can't return this game to walmart.
Please, any help would be great.
Oh and the game seemingly wants to run like poop every now and then, even though I have a damn good system.
EA - FTL.

Well... I must admit EA has dropped the ball on the user friendly part of this game... as far as installing it.. getting all the mods running and so on..

BUT... I promise Nox... once you get on teamspeak with us.. get a little game time in... you will forget the pain in the ARSE it was to get it all strait to start with... The game itself is a blast :) Well be looking for ya.

Rollout
May 10th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Screw Armored and Euro, just get BF2 and SF running, we play them 99% of the time.

If you can't get them running, uninstall ALL. Install BF2 then SF then the patch. I just reinstalled two weeks ago, and all was good. Then set up your EA account, install teamspeak, get a good headset(SLing are you listening) and game on brother!!!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
May 11th, 2007, 06:20 AM
']Screw Armored and Euro, just get BF2 and SF running, we play them 99% of the time.

If you can't get them running, uninstall ALL. Install BF2 then SF then the patch. I just reinstalled two weeks ago, and all was good. Then set up your EA account, install teamspeak, get a good headset(SLing are you listening) and game on brother!!!!

As a side note the above instructions are right on, however EA also requires you do this while simultaneously holding your breath, hopping up and down on one foot, while gently massaging the under belly of your neighbors stinky cat.... YOU CAN DO IT!!!

the noxious
May 11th, 2007, 02:23 PM
well i paid for them, so i figure by some rule of thumb that i should be allowed to use them. if i can't use them, then the terrorists win.

btw: how do yall get your sig's to work? mine just says Error reading signature. (Im telling ya, this game hates me so bad, that even it's sigs dont work.)

another edit: my game has recently started crashing to the desktop.

Rollout
May 11th, 2007, 11:42 PM
If it crashes; it's the patch that isn't installed properly. We all got it going so it isn't that bad, just try my install suggestions. And make sure you have updated your video drivers before hand.

What card are you running and we can point you to the location fo the drivers!!!!!

the noxious
May 12th, 2007, 12:02 AM
im using a geforce 8600 GTS, on windows vista. sad thing is, it's all updated.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
May 12th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Search the BF2 Boards for fixes regarding Vista and BF2??? I don't think any of us are running Vista, maybe Rollout is....

Patch it again...

Regarding your signature.... You don't quite have enough points to generate one, I think it's 100... stay patient it will all be ok!! :stick...

Rollout
May 12th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah, Vista Nvidia drivers SUCK! They give me yellow vehicles, and disconnects!!! And I have the 8800 GTX, you would think after spending that kind of money they would make it worK! I would rather have two 7800 GT's in SLI than this SOB card!!!! (but no one has them any longer) NVIDIA driver support is pathetic!!! And they sue all the driver moders (Omega, DH) to cover up their lame ass employees (^*&%$%$@%$%$(&*_*) The DH 7800 GT drivers kicked NVIDIAS ass as far as IQ. All NV cares about is max frame rate, but the frame rate is so good right now, that doesn't mean ****!!! Their fog distance filter SUCKS (limits distance view on a $600 purchase, those bastagesw!!)

NV won't respond to your questions either, just go with BF2 at this point and cuss NVIDIA. I'll never buy another one as soon as AMD/ATI comes out with a fast card, the IQ sucks compared to ATI!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I hate those F.... at NV!!!

the noxious
May 12th, 2007, 06:39 PM
i keep patching and patching, but to no avail, it just won't go through.
it still says 1.1 something on the bf2 main menu.
all my other games run beautifully, mainly WoW and HL2 and Source.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Completely uninstall the game...completely. Then install in the order mentioned before. I installed BF2, SF, then Patched myself. I bought the Deluxe set w/ BF2/SF together. I am currently using the Omega drivers for my NVIDIA card per LaTech's recommendations, and it runs beaut! Hang in there it is frustrating. Also does anyone live near you that could possibly take a peek at the system?

the noxious
May 13th, 2007, 02:10 PM
i followed the instructions mentioned. the patch still wont go through.
what are these Omega drivers you speak of?

LA_MERC_Wetzny
May 13th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Where are you getting the patch from? From EA down loader or where?

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 13th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Omega Drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net/

the noxious
May 13th, 2007, 03:51 PM
i got the patch from the dvd.

edit: im downloading it from EA link right now.

and there;s not vista tab on the omega drivers site.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
May 13th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Running Vista? Make sure you run the game (and probably the patch) as 'Administrator'. You can just edit the shortcut that starts the game and make it run as Admin. For patches, you can right click on the patch and select the same option.

If you aren't running Vista, then forget I said the above.

Ab1dab1
May 13th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Vista is a mess. Nox, I'll poke around and see if I can come up with anything usefull. DocSparky is right on the money about the rights issue (running as Adminstrator).

Are you running a factory machine (ie: Dell, Gateway, HP, etc)?

If you have a custom rig from the likes of Falcon, Alienware, etc...chances are they have custom downloads you can use for your system's specific hardware as well.

In either case (commercial or custom) it may be worth while to check that vendor's site for system specific patches that they've released.

Abi

Rollout
May 13th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I downloaded the patch from fileplanet, give me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. Do what Rook stated, unload it all through the control panel and try again. I know this sucks, just hang in there, we'll get you through it!!!

the noxious
May 13th, 2007, 05:45 PM
it's a Dell XPS 410

the noxious
May 13th, 2007, 06:14 PM
hey rollout, my email addy is [email protected]

Big_ch33se
May 14th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Welcome to my world of frustration. I have AF and I have never been able to see it. One of these days I will have time and I will uninstall and do it all over again. till then its all vanilla for me!!

Rollout
May 14th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Nox,
Both files were too big to e-mail, you can get the patch from fileplanet.com. I'll look for the vid driver, NVIDIA made them shut the site down, could be a problem. I could mail you a memory stick if you want to try it that way, I need your mailing address.

Rollout
May 14th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Here's the vid driver link, download the 84.66 driver

http://www.driverheavendownloads.net/zeropoint.htm

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==