PDA

View Full Version : mods

LA_MERC_johncst
May 7th, 2007, 01:06 PM
has anyone played mods please tell

LA_MERC_DocSparky
May 7th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I've played Point of Existence (http://www.pointofexistence.com/) a little bit (POE). It's suppose to be modern combat, but from the models and maps I would place it in the Vietnam or Korean war era. It is a whole new game with new armies, maps and vehicles. There aren't any ranked servers, but I believe there is a stat system to keep track of stats.

Overall quality is pretty close to Special Forces. It's free and comes with an installer that sets it all up for you. You just click the new shortcut and into the game you go.

I've heard that Project Reality (PR) mod is just as good and is a mod that is meant to make BF2 more realistic. I haven't tried it, but a buddy of mine says it is excellent.

Daedelus
May 13th, 2007, 03:51 PM
yeah played POE 2 alot love the forset map(fallen) it has no vehicles and the close combat running threw the forest's is pretty intense.
was going to try the operation pegasus or what ever its called.
was hoping to get a few more Merc's envolved in trying POE2. but now with quak wars coming next month it will hog all of my time when it comes out.

Rollout
May 13th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I played PR, the good thing was a TOW or equal is 1 shot 1 kill. But I had trouble playing BF2 online because I wasn't running the same version as the server, so unloaded it!!!

Daedelus
May 23rd, 2007, 10:47 AM
So i just down loaded the desert combat mod for BF2 it looks pretty good they got a few maps from the old dester combat and remeade them.
most of the mod centers around current actions so most of the maps has iraq vs america(us marines) i love the old way for arty where you had a spec ops guy with a high powered spotter bino's and it would spot for arty to shoot in from accros the map. here again they still have it with the big mobile arty and even multiple missle systems( love watching the MRLS streaming missles down range. oh and not to be left out is the scud launcher(it a lot harder to aim) you have to line the front of the vehichle up with the target and you can only control up and down angles when in the gunner seat but its impressive when it fires off and the explosion is huge area attack.
The other thing i love one of the map unsure the name right now has a huge c-130 specter gunship for the americans to use. you can load i think like 5-6 people in it and all the mini guns and arty you can fire out of the side of the plane. you just have to get a good pilot to fly and keep the plane with that side towards the enemy and it little hard the plane is so slow and un-responsive because of its hulking nature it moves like a snail. so perfect target for anti air missles(each AT-tank man also carries anti air missles now)
One thing i noticed was there are only like 4 servers the few times i played so not much to chose from but at the same time this keeps most of the players all on these servers so you can do 64 player maps and have enough peeps. rather than the 64 player server with only 18 people on it etc.

Let me know if you guys down load it and give it a try. and have fun

LA_MERC_Wetzny
May 23rd, 2007, 11:07 AM
I'm game anyone else? Was this the Desert Conflict Mod? Where did you download it from and can you shoot a link for those interested? Thanks!

Daedelus
May 23rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
lets see if this works. http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/;77343
i had a file planet down load manager icon i use and pulled up mods and then down loaded it from file planet. it wasnt to big and is fun so far. i love they mixed in some new planes too. they got the A-10 and the little bird. now i dont have to go buy those pay packs to get to fly those.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
May 23rd, 2007, 01:41 PM
DL tonight! Thanks for the Hook up!

LA_MERC_johncst
May 23rd, 2007, 03:40 PM
yes I am in also try tonight

LA_MERC_Wetzny
May 23rd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Down loaded and played for a bit.. I'll be back tonight... Tons of choppers, tanks and planes very LEGIT!!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 25th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Looks pretty sweet, and the little bird is not easy to fly. Give me an Attack Chopper any day. I would like to do a Merc and friends night with D-con for sure.

Rollout
May 25th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I've been wanting to ride in a gun ship, this should be awesome, DL it tonight!!!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==