PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Onji and Family

Omega_Prime
April 22nd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Guys i don't know if any of you know or not but Darren,Tish, and the baby were involed in a bad wreck sat nite. Everyone is doing okay but it was a very scary time. Darren banged up his shoulder and Tish was flew to shreveport were she is now and doing okay last i seen and spoke to everyone. Think she was having another test done on her neck today. The baby is fine other than being shaken up. So please everyone keep darren and family in your prayers.

Chi_Townz
April 22nd, 2007, 06:49 PM
omg... Thoughts and prayers.. Tell them we are thinking about him.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 22nd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Damn, Hope everything turns out ok Darren. good luck, and as always, let me and the rest of us know if you need anything.

Rollout
April 22nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
I second Chi, OMG we are ALL with them!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Drax
April 22nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
Prayers are with them

LA_MERC_Spark
April 22nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Damn! If there is ANYTHING we can do for ya big guy... You just holla...

LA_MERC_johncst
April 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
call and we will be there sorry to here

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 22nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Wow...not cool. All the best for quick recoveries all around. Any thing needs to be done, let us know.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
April 22nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
Definitely NOT cool. Hope all is going well, and let us know if there is anything we can do. In the meantime, I will try not to f*ck anything up around here. :stick

You and your family are in my family's thoughts and prayers.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 22nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Darren and family, you know wwe are here for you guys. Just ask and we will do whatever we can...from wherever we are.

Get well soon.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 23rd, 2007, 05:30 AM
Many thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
April 23rd, 2007, 06:31 AM
We from SC are praying for you all D.

LA_MERC_Drifter
April 23rd, 2007, 07:34 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with ya'll. If you need anything please let me know.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 23rd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Oh no! Sorry to hear Darren. I hope you and your family are ok. Like everyone said if you need anything were here. Your all in our thoughts and prayers.

SweetGirL
April 23rd, 2007, 07:38 AM
Wow, really shocked to hear about this. Please tell Darren and the Mrs. we luv 'em and are here for them. Big kisses to the baby too! They are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad they walked away from this horrible accident...very fortunate. ~hugz~ to them. Let us know how they're doing when you get a chance. Thanks for the the head's up, Prime.

LA_MERC_Shadow
April 23rd, 2007, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the info! Our prayer's are with Darren and his family. I hope her neck is fine. Keep us updated please.

LA_MERC_Yankee
April 23rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
Anyone have an update?

Sorry to hear that Darrin. Let us know if you need anything.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
April 23rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
thoughts and prayers coming your way big D.- hope everyone is ok.keep us updated please.

Omega_Prime
April 23rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
when i hear new news ill let u all know im at work atm so cant make any calls.

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
April 23rd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Darren my family will have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything you need just let me know.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 23rd, 2007, 01:59 PM
Hope everyone has a speedy recovery, be thinking about ya.

LA_MERC_Mercy
April 23rd, 2007, 02:46 PM
oh yuck....Darren let me know if you need anything done mano....

Mike, if you or them need help with something, give me a call...you know how to find me...

LA_MERC_Sniper
April 23rd, 2007, 03:23 PM
hey darren i will be glad when you guys are home and can read these just know we are all thinking about you guys and you are in our prayers

Big_ch33se
April 23rd, 2007, 03:47 PM
That sux. Hope you all get better real quick with no long term problems.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 23rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
Keep us updated, we'll keeping them in our thoughts and prayers.

LA_MERC_goose
April 23rd, 2007, 05:05 PM
DAMN! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they are all doing well. Please keep us posted - we'll keep D and the family in our prayers.

LA_MERC_Maverick
April 24th, 2007, 05:55 PM
OMG, I'm glad that they are doing alright and all my prayers are with them.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
April 24th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Any updates yet?

LA_MERC_Onji
April 25th, 2007, 10:04 AM
hey guys, thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers. we finally made it home last night about 11pm. I broke my left collar bone, and my wife's 4th and 6th vertebrae is fractured. She has to wear a neck brace for a minimum of 2 months, but it will heal. My daughter is perfectly ok other than a scratch on the knee.

Here is how it went down. We were returning to monroe from shreveport on saturday after going to watch the air show. I was driving, my daughter was in her carseat behind me and my wife beside her. My wife was the only one not buckeled in. They were both sleeping, then we felt the car start vibrating violently. My wife woke up and we checked out the windows for any wobbling wheels, but didnt see anything out of the ordinary, so we continued on. The vibrating stopped so we thought we were ok. All of a sudden the back drivers side tire blew completely off, and I was going 70 or so, there was just no correcting it. We veered off of the right side of the road, the vehicle flipped, and landed on its side. I freaked, reached for my daughter to get her close to me. Thats when i realied i couldnt move my left arm at all. I also noticed my wife was not in the car. She was thrown from the vehicle out of the back window (we drove a rodeo) It seemed like in an instant people were all over us, helping us.
My daughter and I were taken to Minden hospital, and my wife was flown to LSU medical center in shreveport. I was dischared from minden and family brought me over to be with my wife. She is thankfully going to be ok after a few months. We are truly blessed.
If i leared anything from this its, if you feel or hear anything weird from your vehicle while driving, PULL OVER and check it out, dont just proceed to drive. And no matter where you are in the vehicle, wear your seatbelt.

Ok sorry for rambling. Thats all i can stand to type right now.
Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers everyone.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
April 25th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Darren, I'm glad everyone is going to be ok. Someone was watching over you guys that day.

LA_MERC_Spark
April 25th, 2007, 10:45 AM
wow.... glad to hear everyone is on the road to recovery.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 25th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Dude, thoughts and prayers!! And thank the Lord all will be ok, truly a blessing...

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 25th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear everyone is on the road to recovery Darren.

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
April 25th, 2007, 11:36 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with y'all.

LA_MERC_Yankee
April 25th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Glad to hear everyone is o.k. Hope everyone has a speedy recovery.

LA_MERC_Maverick
April 26th, 2007, 08:01 AM
glad everyone is ok, and hope everyone has a speedy recovery!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 26th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Good to hear Darren. Same as before, just ask if we can do anythign for ya.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 26th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Good news Darren. I wish you and the family a speedy and full recovery. Like Scott said. Just say it and we're here for you.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
April 26th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah waht they ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ all said man. Anything we can do.

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
April 26th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Darren, I am glad to hear that you guys are going to be ok. If there is anything that yall need just let me know. Will keep yall in our prayers and hope everyone has a speedy recovery.

Mark wanted me to let you know that they are praying for you also and are there for you if you need anything.

LA_MERC_Heater
April 26th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Man i hate to hear this...we will be praying for yall.
If there is anything we can do for you let us know..

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 26th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Wow Onji,

You are not doubt fortunate your family was not hurt any worse, especially your wife. I'm glad to here yall made it through with no more injuries than you had. Keep looking on the bright side "like the fact that your all going to be OK" and get better dude.

LA_MERC_Onji
April 26th, 2007, 04:50 PM
here are some pics if you wanted to see

LA_MERC_Drax
April 26th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 26th, 2007, 06:11 PM
From these pictures it's clear you're all very blessed and fortunate. Thank the good Lord for that. It also looks like the Rodeo did it's job the passenger compartment looks relatively intact. Thank God again you're all going to be ok.

PS did you remember to take your License tag off the truck before they salvage it?

Take care!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 26th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Wow.. it looks like you went end over end almost

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 26th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Holy crap onji...you're lucky to be alive...all of you. Wow...

Big_ch33se
April 26th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I believe you all just earned a lucky mofo badge for that exercise in death aversion. Grats on the good news and hope every one gets well fast.

LA_MERC_goose
April 26th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Darren, I'm glad to know you were able to walk away from this ... please keep us informed Darren.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
April 27th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Leave the carnival ride exhibition work to the pros next time. Someone was smiling on you on that day. Best of wishes.

SweetGirL
April 27th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Hey, Darren:

Wow, I'm so sorry again that this happened to ya'll. I'm even MORE glad, though, that you are all in one piece! TLC to your wife - I can sympathize with the back injuries. I have had 2 back surgeries and with my medical background, please make sure that she's got a:

very experienced orthopaedist or a pain management doctor AND that she consults a neurosurgeon at some point. ANYTHING to do with the back/spine should be handled by a neurosurgeon. Just as you wouldn't go to Kentucky Fried Chicken to eat seafood, even if they do serve seafood, it wouldn't be the best, right? KFC specializes in chicken, so go their for chicken, because their seafood wouldn't be the best out there. (makes sense) Even if you only go in for a consultation to get a neurosurgeon's opinion on the matter, I'd make sure a neurosurgeon was in my pocket while going through any back problems.

The spine is just too tricky to have an orthopaedist "tinkering" and managing it alone. Orthopaedists are great for broken bones that they can play "carpenter" on with their tools, rods, bolts, pins, etc; but a neurosurgeon KNOWS the spinal area, and I wouldn't let anyone but a neurosurgeon make the final call on treatment - especially if it ever comes down to surgery in the future or even if it's just to recommend epidural/nerve root blocks to ease the pain, etc. We aren't talking about a regular internist or regular doctor just sewing in a few stitches to a gash in your thigh, taking 20 minutes to get you in and out the exam room door; we're talking one false move near the spine, and there's no going back - point of no return!

Anyway, just some thoughts on treatment. I do wish you both the best and a speedy recovery. http://www.myspacesmilies.com/smilies/love0047.gif Many hugs, Samantha

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 29th, 2007, 08:53 PM
get well soon O and the family!!!

LA_MERC_Onji
June 27th, 2007, 10:18 AM
yall wanna see something cool? my break

http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/collarbone.jpg

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 27th, 2007, 10:26 AM
did you say ouch? Man that is ugly

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 27th, 2007, 10:28 AM
damn, it's still like that? looks like the x-ray was dated 6/1/07. I know you can't really "set" broken collar bones, but have they talked about rods / screws?

btw, quit walking around with a chip on your shoulder

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 28th, 2007, 11:05 AM
ouch!

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 28th, 2007, 11:14 AM
damn, that has to hurt!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 28th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Damn.......sweet avatar.

LA_MERC_Shadow
June 28th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Nice break! How's the arm doing? Are you able to move any more or what? And how's ur wife doing with her neck?

Chi_Townz
June 29th, 2007, 10:21 AM
wow, hope all is well Onji

LA_MERC_Onji
June 29th, 2007, 02:57 PM
yeah i'm healing, but very very slowly for some reason. my bones arent fusing like they are supposed to. i can move it pretty good, no pain anymore. the wife is doing ok, her 5th vertebrae isnt fusing like its supposed to either, and she has to wear her brace for another month :( but overall we're ok. thx for asking

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 29th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Onji I'll keep you and your wife in my prayers!! I hope yall start doing better soon.

Daedelus
June 29th, 2007, 06:52 PM
wow had not read in a few days sorry to hear you and your family whent threw that. family and car accident are touchy subject(sad) to me. hope you all get better soon and thanks for keeping us updated on how you are all doing.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==