PDA

View Full Version : Maps and sizes

LA_MERC_goose
April 5th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Suggestions for maps / size changes - post them and I'll look at them. The maps / sizes that get the most mentions will be added / modified.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 5th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Got a link that we can look at with maps and sizes?

Your Oman idea was great, it's not a regular I/O map and that might have piqued the interest of those who came around last night, impossible to tell. But I think it would be interesting to see if that is the case by evaluating other maps that aren't typically I/O and see what size's might allow I/O play...

Anyone have a link we can view? Answered my question HERE is a link to view... http://www.totalbf2.com/page.php?do=bfmaps

Songa (at an appropriate size) could be a fun one.

LA_MERC_goose
April 5th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Dalian - 16

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 5th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Songua-32

Dalian-16

Possibly Trim Jalalabad to 32.

Out on a limb here, Dragon Valley at 32 is worth a look I think.

Another Map size link.... http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/maps.php

I think it's also reasonable to play the smaller maps, force the action and less running, if it gets to crowded we'll adjust then.

Lets see how we like these tonight and then we can figure a rotation for the weekend... Goose I'm telling you that the Oman idea was genius, people who play a Shi0tload of BF2 are always looking for something different, and I/O Oman at 32 is different. Thanks again...

Last nights action was everything good about BF2... Squad play, Cap Strats, you could snipe, resupply, Rezz, assualt. There was something for everyone... And there was a truckload of close quarters killing, knifing and pistol whipping.. Most I/O fun I've had in a while...

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
April 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM
If we can do Special Forces, I like Devil's Perch and Night Flight.

In Vanilla, anything will do.

LA_MERC_johncst
April 5th, 2007, 10:08 AM
look I want a 6 person start up do not care what map my rpk will mow you down

Rollout
April 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I second John's request, too much time is wasted waiting for everyone to show up, and some people need to log off sooner than others, like Goose and "X" as examples.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Understood Gentlemen, please try to stick to the topic here, Maps to play and size suggestions. TY...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 5th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I think the smaller 32 size maps with I/O s doing good. I'm all in favor of keeping this going for a little while. I have had some fun playing on SF maps before (even the night ones) at a smaller map with I/O. Works great. has that CS feel to it but with the better graphics. Good job guys.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 5th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I say 64 player Clean Sweep I/O would rule! All the swimming the US would do would be awsome!

Seriously though Oman was pretty fun and not too spread out.

Mashtuur 32 should work
Dragon Valley 32 isn't too bad either

waltersw15
April 5th, 2007, 01:24 PM
The beginning of a Clean Sweep I/O round would look like the start of a triathlon.

Also, I think getting it to where 6 people are needed to start instead of 8. We may be willing to wait around for more people to show up, but most guests won't.

Sorry,... must... stay... on... topic

ok. I would vote for Jalalabad - 32, Dalian Plant -16, Oman -32, Sharqi -32,
and maybe Dragon Valley -16.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 5th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Songa, Songa, Songa 32... srry, back to work now.. SONGA!!!

LA_MERC_johncst
April 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM
this is what I like dragon valley 32,songua 32, oman32, zatar wetlands 16,dalian16.

waltersw15
April 5th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Does everybody have the Euro Force expansion? What about Great Wall - any size. Unless you are not looking to mix versions.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
April 6th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I try not to make to many judgements about maps until I've played them a little. I think it is obvious that we need to stick to non-64 players sizes, but it would be interesting to test out most of the 32 players sized maps. You never know when one is going to really rock.

Given a stressed situation around the house at the moment (with a few little ones), I'm just happy when I get a chance to join in.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 6th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Hang in there buddy, Take care of business... We'll see you when we can, I hope everyone gets better soon.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 6th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Anyone know what Kubra Dam looks like in 32 or 16 player? I don't think we want to mess with expansion packs but I/O Great Wall would be pretty cool. It's already a snipers haven so I/O would be pretty badass I think.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 6th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I think 16 player Songhua and 16 Zatar Wetlands could be fun too.

If we did Kubra Dam it would have to be on 16 player or else it would be too spread out.

Fushe Pass on 16 or 32 would probably be good too. I've played in the Sniper Groups server on Fushe before and it was pretty fun.

Oh yeah and if they are 16 player maps then I believe that it only takes 6 people to start a round.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 6th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I think 16 player Songhua and 16 Zatar Wetlands could be fun too.

If we did Kubra Dam it would have to be on 16 player or else it would be too spread out.

Fushe Pass on 16 or 32 would probably be good too. I've played in the Sniper Groups server on Fushe before and it was pretty fun.

Oh yeah and if they are 16 player maps then I believe that it only takes 6 people to start a round.

EX, First post in this thread has the links to maps sizes to view.

The number of players to start ranked game is determined by the number of player slots you have for the server, I believe.

The downside to the 16 size maps is there is little room to fight, and 100 tickets rather than 300, as we learned last night the 16 player Dalian was over in 6 minutes.. and Kinda Boring.

The 32 player maps while spread out a little more do offer multiple attack points and channels for fighting.

As far a expansion packs go, there will be a time in the future when we load those on the server, particulary AF maps. So those of us who don't have them loaded or they aren't working, consider getting those into operational condition.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 6th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I think some 16 player maps thrown in every now and again would be fun. Capping flags aren't as important as killin mofo's, brings back the CS feel. Fast rounds and lots of mass murda.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
April 6th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I am expansioned out. I have vanilla and SF. I will play those before becoming bored and going to another expansion. So if you do load Armored Fury, then I will not be able to join in the fun, Sorry.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 6th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I didn't think we would put Great Wall in, just saying it could be worth the while. Oddly enough the =SF= guys have switched their I/O server to 24/7 Great Wall. So I'll keep checking them out and see how it does.

Rollout
April 6th, 2007, 05:02 PM
OK David to your point, let me rephrase my request! Any maps, Any size that start with 6 players!!! :P

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==