PDA

View Full Version : Beer...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 18th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I don't drink too much anymore, and usually beer sit's in my fridge un-drank for a long time, but I was running low last night, and stopped by the grocery store on the way home (been a hectic week), and I have re-discovered a beer I hadn't had in a long time. I picked up some Coors Original Banquet Beer - and I was reminded how much better this is than Coors Light - anyone else like this beer?

Now I AM a "Beer Snob" sometimes - but I usually like the plain 'ol American Pale Lager Macrobrew stuff in my fridge for when I come home from work...Miller High Life and MGD are usually my "mainstays" with an occasional visit by "bud select", but I'm really digging this gold-canned coors!

Maybe I'm just overtired

doh!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 18th, 2007, 08:16 AM
The banquet beer is 10000000000000000% better than Coors Light ( all actual perceptions may very, tests were not done in a controlled environment). Hahahaha, good find Max, but I prefer it out of the bottle when I drink it.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 18th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Yes...Coors over Coors Light, Bud over Bud Light and Miller High Life over Miller Light..

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 18th, 2007, 08:26 AM
I'm more of the Scotish/Irish beer drinker myself. Killians, Yuengling, SA Boston Lager, Smithwicks, Guiness, Harp etc. Then there are microbrews...which just rock, IMO. And regional breweries. Max, you need to come out here where REAL beer is made. lol

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 18th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Yep REAL beers are made out here. I get that a lot from peeps who are visiting here for the first time. I like the lady who comes into my bar asking, "I would like a Miller Light draft."
I respond, " We carry no run of the mill domestic beers on tap ma'am."
She responds, "Then give me whatever "light" beer you have on tap."
I respond, "We do not carry any "light" beers on tap. We only have 12 selected micro-brews from around the state and the Northwest."
She gets irritated and responds, "So what would be considered light?"
I say, "I have a Belgian Style Wheat."
She orders a Miller Light in the bottle.

What we carry on tap:

Flathead Brewery Porter - Kalispell, MT
Lewis and Clark *****ly Pear Pale Ale - Helena, MT
Blackfoot Brewery Indian Pale Ale - Helena, MT
Blackfoot Brewery Steamboat Lager - Helena, MT
Blackfoot Brewery Stout - Helena, MT
Summit Brewery Extra Pale Ale - St.Paul, MN
Sierra Nevada Brewery Seasonal - California
Harvest Moon Brewery Montana Amber - Belt, MT
Silver Star Wheat - Belt, MT
Bayern Killarny Red - Missoula, MT
Pilsner Urqeull - Czech
Heineken - Holland

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
March 18th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I'm not a beer drinker! I'll start doing things well all I can say is I start taking off clothes....
I'm a mixed drink dinker LOVE mixed drinks and WINE... When we went to the smoky mount. we picked up 6 bottles of wine that we have yet to open. Dang dragon knows I can't use one of those wine openers. This wine is the BEST wine I ever had. We got to try all the wine and then we pick out the best ones...
Museadine wine
Mountain Vally Red wine
Mountain Berry wine

If you ever go to the Smoky Mountains go try some of the wine there!!!! MMMM MMM Good.....

Chi_Townz
March 18th, 2007, 07:41 PM
DAMMIT

All this talk of beer...

Don't you all know I don't drink any more?!?

Big_ch33se
March 18th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Guiness, guiness, and more guiness. Thats all I need to make the stomach happy.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
March 18th, 2007, 11:24 PM
My personal favorite is Red Hook ESB. A close second is Pyramid Apricot Ale, though it took me a while to appreciate the flavor of that beer. I also like wheat ales. Of course Im in texas, so we dont have anything on tap ever besides the usual. Places around here are starting to carry stuff like Blue Moon and Widmer, but they still aren't micro brews that I would like. Shiner acutally has a good wheat ale. Shiner is also usually the best beer that places carry around here too. Budweiser has a good texas only beer called Ziegen Bock.

Rollout
March 19th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Sam Adams or nothing!!!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==