PDA

View Full Version : Conda Into The Abyss

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 13th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I went spear fishing off the coast of Pensacola Thursday. We got some nice size trigger fish. Red Snapper and Grouper are out of season right now in federal waters and since we were about 20 miles out. No snapper and grouper. And you guessed it, we saw some monster snapper and grouper while down at 120 feet. My dive partner like most people has to go somewhat slow during the decent to equalize his ears. I on the other hand am some kind of freak of nature and I can dive straight down kicking and get to 120 feet deep in mere seconds (I equalize very well). So while my dive partner was at 40 feet trying to clear his ears, I told him to get a video of me as a dove past headed to the wreck. We have footage of it but this is a still frame of me as I went by. Video footage is large in file size. If someone is intersted I can put it on the ftp. I went from 0 to 100 feet in probably 10 to 12 seconds. Into the Abyss. Man I love that stuff. I've got a great 30 second clip of a decent size Barracuda that was bothering me and a small trigger fish (about 15 inches long) I shot.

LA_MERC_Onji
March 13th, 2007, 10:09 AM
up it buddy, and i'll flash embed it

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 13th, 2007, 10:11 AM
sweet. I'll do the killshot. I'll call it CondaKill. Trying to upload it now.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 13th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Done big D. It's uploaded. Flash convert me. Thanks man.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 13th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Kick A$$, point me to the video, when its ready!

LA_MERC_Onji
March 13th, 2007, 10:43 AM
here we go:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vYHUFTVxF58"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vYHUFTVxF58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Here is the link if you want to send it to folks andy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYHUFTVxF58

LA_MERC_Sniper
March 13th, 2007, 11:00 AM
SAWEET

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 13th, 2007, 11:05 AM
wow...it's like watching Jacque Coustoe (spelling, sorry)...except with a kill!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 13th, 2007, 11:08 AM
That was pretty cool.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 13th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Sweet do0d. You can really hit the broad side of a barn, I don't care what the other Mercs say....:stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 13th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Sweet do0d. You can really hit the broad side of a barn, I don't care what the other Mercs say....:stick

LOL, True Dat Rook, But if you notice the fish is only 1 to 2 foot away, LOL. The hard part is diving 120 feet down to the ocean floor 20 miles out with all that gear. I was actually surprised that I could succefully hold the video camera with my left hand and the spear gun with my right and coordinate all at the same time and get the kill. When Snapper season opens in a month I will get some way better footage. That was my first dive with my new underwater video camera. I love the sound of the gun when it goes off under water and then see a fish go limp. I have footage of that same dive where I'm totally surronded by huge schools of Red Snapper, Amber Jack, Atlantic Spade Fish, and other stuff too. The amber jacks were letting me touch them. I didn't see one big enough to shoot. Spear fishing out in the Gulf is very fun.
P.S. You Tube is blocked at work Darren so I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks Again.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 13th, 2007, 12:24 PM
You did this when?...Thursday? Hold on... I thought Rollout was the one who retired?..... :stick LOL!! Excellent video... post more of them. Everytime I see some of Andy's dive stuff, I get that 'Edmond Fitzgerald' song in my head... bizarre really.

Show us the one where your buddy gets the business end of a stingray into his chest... oh wait wrong dudes... srry! LOL...

LA_MERC_Drifter
March 13th, 2007, 12:59 PM
sweet video Andy!

LA_MERC_Spark
March 13th, 2007, 01:27 PM
nice!

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM
lmao I was thinking to myself "he better not miss at that range" LMAO And any of you that know Andy well, that is the ONLY way he can get fish for whatever reason. Fromn a boat, they jump out of the water and moon him...

LA_MERC_Onji
March 13th, 2007, 02:16 PM
man i havent been fishing in years. Drifter and I have talked about this, instead of a lan sometimes, we need a 'MERC Deep Sea Fishing Weekend' or something

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 13th, 2007, 02:17 PM
lmao I was thinking to myself "he better not miss at that range" LMAO And any of you that know Andy well, that is the ONLY way he can get fish for whatever reason. Fromn a boat, they jump out of the water and moon him...

LMFAO, True Dat. With a rod and reel I'm useless. But put me 120 feet under 20 miles out at sea, with a 42 inch A.B.Biller, a steel 95 tank with 30% Nitrox, Alpha 8 Oceanic Regulator, slim line Octo, Oceanic Pro BC, 13 cu. ft. pony with an Alpha 7 regulator, seperate canban,Oceanic VEO nitrox computer, Tusa Mask and gloves, blue reef 7" blade, Zoom split fins, Neo 2 piece 3mm wet suit, a Sealife DC500 Underwater video camera, and good sea conditions and whala. I CAN FISH!, LMFAO. I'll get those bastards then. Moon me will ya, THWACK, A bait they can't say no to.

It wierd. I have footage of me swimming in the middle of very large schools of fish. On the surface I'm cursed. When I'm in the deep abyss, they treat me like I'm one of the gang. LOL. Funny. Even times where I swim up to a pair of big red snappers. I kill one with my first shot and his buddy swims around me for a minute while I reel in his buddy, put him on a stringer, Reload the spear gun, then Thwack, I kill him. Strangest thing ever. Its like wait a minute there buddy. Let me reload this so I can kill you too and they swim right back up to me. LOL. When I'm down there all I see now is fish sandwhiches swimming around. Yummy.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 13th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Man... Pretty cool stuff.. maybe one day I will get out of my shell here in S.C. and actually do some somthing fun like that. LOL

Big_ch33se
March 13th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Holy sh1te!!! Hope they dont add spear guns into BF2 or we will all be in trouble standin next to the conda!

Chi_Townz
March 13th, 2007, 06:45 PM
LOL, Good stuff Andy! Keep em commin.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 13th, 2007, 11:35 PM
I've got some top side fish pictures to flash... as soon as I get them off my phone! My little bass buggy and a cooler of cold Budweiser and no worries of the BENZ(?) is how I roll. But I would enjoy of some of that fresh SNAPPER!! I love FRESH SNAPPER!

Rollout
March 14th, 2007, 07:42 PM
See that's why I didn't go, I knew you only wanted me to be your film BIOTCH, otherwise it would have been "look here's Rollout filming me killing the BIG ONE". Now I've trained you to take your own fricken' films :) :) :)!!!!!

Looked like an awesome day, little merky, but the number of "cook outs" (fish) was incredible!!!!!! Shoot on Conda!!

P.S. Did you out shoot "B"????

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 14th, 2007, 09:01 PM
']See that's why I didn't go, I knew you only wanted me to be your film BIOTCH, otherwise it would have been "look here's Rollout filming me killing the BIG ONE". Now I've trained you to take your own fricken' films :) :) :)!!!!!

Looked like an awesome day, little merky, but the number of "cook outs" (fish) was incredible!!!!!! Shoot on Conda!!

P.S. Did you out shoot "B"????

Chris is a diver to? Holy Shi0t! We got our own little McHales Navy here in LA Merc!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==