PDA

View Full Version : Best Sequel

Rollout
March 7th, 2007, 11:07 AM
OK, we've had a debate at the homestead regarding the best sequel ever,

Connie and the kids say the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, I say Aliens, because it was better than the first one. A very difficult feat to pull off based on all the lousy part II's, III's, etc.

Your thoughts?????

LA_MERC_Spark
March 7th, 2007, 11:25 AM
given the choice here I say aliens hands down... LOTR is not fair. It is based on a group of books that tell a single story. Not really the same. Now... Star Trek II the Wrath of Kahn... that was a cool sequel!

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 7th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Aliens...hands down. The second one was SO much better than the first. Better story, better acting...better everything. Granted, it went downhill from there, but still...

Wrath of Khan was also REALLY good (so much better than the first)...but still, not as good as Aliens

Personally, I liked Empire Strikes Back (Yeah, I know it was actually #5) better than the other 2 (5) movies. But not as good as Aliens.

Another favorite would be Toy Story 2...but that's all I'll say about that one.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Short Circuit 2!!! Johnny 5 is ALIVE!

Although it had a little too much "hippie" influence, it still rocked. and it had more of the guy with the india accent.

Rambo, first blood part 2
Hotshots part Deaux
Airplane 2
Empire Strikes Back
Terminator 2
Scary Movie 2

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 7th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Forgot about T2...was the best of the 3 IMO

LA_MERC_BS
March 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Rush Hour 2

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 7th, 2007, 12:18 PM
No way guys. Aliens is by far the best. Not only as a sequal but as a movie in general. One of my all time favorites. If you ever get a chance to see the directors uncut version of Aliens, DO IT. The century drones are awesome.

LA_MERC_Onji
March 7th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Rocky 3 !!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 7th, 2007, 03:05 PM
ture, you cant beat Sly, Hulk Hogan and Mr. T (Clubber Lane) being in the same movie

edit:
now that I think about it, you can beat that. Arni, jessie the body, Action Jackson, etc. in Predator. but that wasn't a sequel.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 7th, 2007, 03:09 PM
And predator 2 = suckage...

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 7th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Clerks 2

Jay and Silent Bob strike back? Does this qualify?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 7th, 2007, 04:31 PM
The best sequal ever - EVIL DEAD 2 : Dead by Dawn

LA_MERC_Shadow
March 7th, 2007, 04:51 PM
I thought for sure someone would have said this already...

What about BF2? It's a sequel

lol

Big_ch33se
March 7th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Toss up between T2 and Aliens, both on my list of all time great sequels. but we cant forget the greatest sequel of all times..........(suspense builds up).................... Conan the Destoyer. hahahahahahaha totally joshin. What a HORRIBLE sequel. I also throw Kill Bill 2 out there as a damn good sequel to its predecesor.

Rollout
March 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM
LaTech I forgot about "The Empire" your right it was BY FAR the best of the series!!!! Good call! But who can ever forget "lock and load"!!!!! :)

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
March 7th, 2007, 07:27 PM
umm.. hmm.. not in this order tho...

Resident Evil
Rid**** hahaha it didn't let me write that out LOLOL
Harry Potter (duh)
The Fast and Furious (duh love my some paul and Vin mmmm)
PIRATES of the CARIBBEAN (HELLO)
Lord of the Rings

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 7th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Would also have to agree with Cheese on Kill Bill 2...it was a much more "mental" movie than the first one...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==