PDA

View Full Version : OPPS! Gore ain't Green!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
February 27th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Al Gore paid nearly thirty thousand dollars last year for energy consumption, none of it “green”. What a F’ing Elitest Hypocrite.

The facts are below...

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh — more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh — guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

(The Tennessee Center for Policy Research is an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions.)

Then there is this... From Clarice Feldman..

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2007/02/a_modest_proposal_to_ecocelebs.html

LA_MERC_Drax
February 27th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Jesus, i'm glad my electricty bills and gas bills are like maybe 100 combined. He can keep those bills. As far as energy consumption, im not a hippy so the more people use, the better my job is.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 27th, 2007, 02:05 PM
The average American house size has more than doubled since the 1950s; it now stands at 2,349 square feet. (www.npr.org)

he and his wife Tipper live in two properties: a 10,000-square-foot, 20-room, eight-bathroom home in Nashville

10,000 / 2349 = 4.26

POWER: GORE MANSION USES 20X AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD; CONSUMPTION ?INCREASE? AFTER 'TRUTH'
Mon Feb 26 2007 17:16:14 ET

Nashville Electric Service/Gore House

High 22619 kWh Aug – Sept
Low 12541 kWh Jan - Feb
Average: 18,414 kWh per month

High 20532 Sept - October
Low 12955 Feb - March
Average: 16,200 kWh per month

Bill amounts

2006 – $895.60 (low) $1738.52 (high) $1359 (average)
2005 – $853.91 (low) $1461 (high)

Nashville Gas Company

Main House
2006 – $990(high) $170 (low) $536 (average)
2005 – $1080 (high) $200 (low) $640 (average)
Isn't the 2006 numbers lower than the 2005 numbers?

Guest House/Pool House

2006 – $820 (high) $70 (low) $544 (average)
2005 – $1025 (high) $25 (low) $525 (average)
Isn't the 2006 numbers lower than the 2005 numbers?

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization, issued a press release late Monday:

Daedelus
February 27th, 2007, 02:20 PM
it funny how people dig up anything just maybe to try and throw a pie back in a guys face who is trying to do something. do people really expect he lives in a 2 bedroom house no. so do they realay believe a 20 bedroom house he has some how magically figure out how to run and still get the same power bills as every one else with a 2-4 bedroom. no i bet not, i think he lucky he didnt make a documentary on breathing air to much is bad for every one. or people would have jumping on him about cunsuming to much of the earths air for him self. this is rediculous.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
February 27th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Let me clarify why I posted this. I could give a shi0t about what, where, and how, Gore (or anyone else for that matter) lives. I could care less about the number of hours he and his Hollywood buddies spend on private jets instead of flying commercial. What people want and choose to do with their wealth, with their homes, automobiles, farms, mansions etc. is really of no concern to me. I don’t care. I get irritated when hyperactive pseudo-environmentalist elites start proposing arcane laws, and taxes geared toward curtailing, and changing my life. If Al Gore thinks the biggest threat to humanity is carbon emissions, then let him start changing the world one house at a time. And he can start with his own, what’s the problem with that?

What’s the old saying? “Don’t try to remove the speck from your brothers eye, before you remove the plank from yours.”

Giving Gore the benefit of the doubt here, lets say his motives are pure. Why has the consumption of resources in his home INCREASED since his movie was released? That just doesn’t make any sense. Would it make sense for a person to make a film extolling the dangers of tobacco use, it’s future harmful and deadly effects, and then proceed to CONSUME MORE CIGARETTES? Of course not, but essentially that is what he's done. And unfortunately I think it indicates (IMHO) that Gore’s interest in climate change is more political and less heartfelt.

Lets remember this is a guy who said he invented the Internet and whose Senate campaigns were a large benefactor of tobacco company money at a time when his sister was dieing of lung cancer and he was railing at evil big tobacco.

Hypocrites blow, and I think he and his Hollywood buddies are some of the worst.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
February 27th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

A calculation of the amount of money spent per month for resources would be an inaccurate way to determine whether or not more or less resources were consumed because of price changes. The Kilowatts used per month would be a more accurate method.

I think the message here from Al Gore is; Conservation is for little people.

LA_MERC_johncst
February 27th, 2007, 03:42 PM
you go get him

LA_MERC_Wetzny
February 27th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Now how ironic is this? LOL! The Bush Ranch is off the grid and has been since construction... Gotta love the irony..

http://www.off-grid.net/index.php?p=680

LA_MERC_Shadow
February 27th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Did Gore really MAKE this movie? Or did he just give money to some other guys and let them do the work for him and stick his name on it?

Is it politically motivated? Of course, that's his job. He's a pitch-man, like almost every politician. He promotes whatever his supporters want him to promote.

And Global Warming is still not proven. Most of the data in inconclusive. If a scientist has an article that goes against global warming he's ostracized so no scientist wants to bother proving it wrong any longer. They ruin his/her career; just not worth it.

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
February 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Imagine what his bill would be if his house didn't use alternative energy?
Give the guy a break, it's a huge house and he probably works from his house with a huge staff.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 1st, 2007, 02:25 PM
I wonder how "GREEN" Bush's companies are? He also prolly parks his F-350 Diesel in his "earth-warmed" house. I will look into it. I will also ask a few EPA friends to get whatever they can on this topic. LaTech knows them. They are cool that way.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 1st, 2007, 02:48 PM
Quotes from the article above:

"The Bush ranch is the kind of place we’d all like to live. Too bad his environmental policies are moving the rest of the country in exactly the opposite direction."

"The features are environment-friendly, but the reason for them was practical — to save money and to save water, which is scarce in this dry, hot part of Texas" I have family in Texas, and anyone from there can attest to this statement.

"The Bush administration’s 63-member energy advisory team has 62 members with ties to oil, nuclear, or coal interests. His national energy policy places nuclear power, increased oil and natural gas drilling, and “clean coal” as its cornerstone. The Bush budget takes a definitive step away from developing renewable energy resources. According to the Pew Research Center, 54 percent of Americans distrust Bush’s “muscular energy” environmental agenda. In May 2006, 22 religious leaders were arrested at the Department of Energy protesting Bush’s plan to drill for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge."

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 1st, 2007, 03:37 PM
Quotes from the article above:

"The Bush administration’s 63-member energy advisory team has 62 members with ties to oil, nuclear, or coal interests. His national energy policy places nuclear power, increased oil and natural gas drilling, and “clean coal” as its cornerstone. The Bush budget takes a definitive step away from developing renewable energy resources. According to the Pew Research Center, 54 percent of Americans distrust Bush’s “muscular energy” environmental agenda. In May 2006, 22 religious leaders were arrested at the Department of Energy protesting Bush’s plan to drill for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge."

Whats wrong with people who know something about the energy business being on an energy advisory panel? Who should he have? Whoopi Goldberg? Derek Jeter?

Speaking of Nuclear Energy, man it looks we should have been building the heck out of those power plants in the 70's and 80's. Instead of pumping money into Saudi, Iraq, Iran, Libya, The Emirates, Venezuela. Those Anti-Nuke power people did us a HUGE favor, keeping us tied to the middleast oil spiquet, all the while funding the very enemies we fight today.

Imagine where we'd be today, if we could shut off our money flowing into that region, think the World would be a better place? Some how the Leftwing bunny huggers just keep getting it wrong, wrong on Nuclear Engery, wrong on Global Warming.... the list is endless. I'm old enough to remember the slogan NO NUKES! Could they have been any more wrong?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 1st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Whats wrong with people who know something about the energy business being on an energy advisory panel? Who should he have? Whoopi Goldberg? Derek Jeter?

Speaking of Nuclear Energy, man it looks we should have been building the heck out of those power plants in the 70's and 80's. Instead of pumping money into Saudi, Iraq, Iran, Libya, The Emirates, Venezuela. Those Anti-Nuke power people did us a HUGE favor, keeping us tied to the middleast oil spiquet, all the while funding the very enemies we fight today.

Imagine where we'd be today, if we could shut off our money flowing into that region, think the World would be a better place? Some how the Leftwing bunny huggers just keep getting it wrong, wrong on Nuclear Engery, wrong on Global Warming.... the list is endless. I'm old enough to remember the slogan NO NUKES! Could they have been any more wrong?

Can we get a "3 mile Island, 3 mile Island, 3 mile Island" chant.......how about, "Cher-no-byl!, Cher-no-byl!, Cher-no-byl!, Hip Hip Horray!"

I will concede to not argue the 2 OTHER points brought up in the post.
- 1. Gun trading and armament....*cough*...IRAN....*cough*....Reagan.
- 2. Middle Eastern Oil.

Also, to quote a point a wise man has seen recently, "I think the message here from" G.W., "is; Conservation is for little people.", not oil, gas, or nuclear power tycoons.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 1st, 2007, 06:42 PM
ahhh the rook our little favorite liberal rides again...lol
how do you libs bring everything back to Bush...he is not makeing a movie or chanting about global warming or proclaims to be the inventor of the internet...go back to your tree r00k and give it a hug

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 1st, 2007, 07:45 PM
Here's the inherent difference between how people tend to view things:

Some people tend to make their views known in absolutes. Those absolutes are, through the inherent nature of humans, flawed.

Other people tend to hold thier views to themselves. Sometimes these people have put thought, research and time into their view. I consider myself one of these people.

Personally, I enjoy taking the time to tear apart arguments to show the holes in the logic and or the "facts". I'll pull information from as many sources as possible to make a point, even if I don't agree with the point. I like to argue for arguements sake...and I'm not the only one.

Honestly, I think you would be surprised at rook's political views...as well as mine and anyone else you choose to lable "liberal".

LA_MERC_Shadow
March 1st, 2007, 08:56 PM
Can we get a "3 mile Island, 3 mile Island, 3 mile Island" chant.......how about, "Cher-no-byl!, Cher-no-byl!, Cher-no-byl!, Hip Hip Horray!"

You need to look into the causes of both these disasters. 3 mile islands has caused no health effects and was never in any danger of explosion. And Chernobyl wasn't in this country. It's reactor design was flawed from the beginning (that type of reactor has never been used in USA). The major cause of the accident was some experiment some engineers were doing with a reactor. It wasn't happenstance.

The worst that can happen with a nuclear reactor in this country is a release of fission material into the atmosphere. It cannot explode.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 1st, 2007, 09:42 PM
Honestly, I think you would be surprised at rook's political views...as well as mine and anyone else you choose to lable "liberal".

Tech is 100% correct! I am surprised at the political views of most liberals. It surprises me they can call themselves a proud American. It surprises me that most of them believe what is coming out of their mouth when they are clearly full of crap. I'm surprised that they don't take responsibility for their own actions, and instead blame everyone else for problems they helped create.
And finally, it surprises me that they whine like little babies on just about everything - especially the country's government, and yet they still don't leave the country....

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 2nd, 2007, 01:28 AM
ahhh the rook our little favorite liberal rides again...lol
how do you libs bring everything back to Bush...he is not makeing a movie or chanting about global warming or proclaims to be the inventor of the internet...go back to your tree r00k and give it a hug

Who brought up Bush? I never DEFENDED Gore. I only questioned a report that was posted. WTF are you talking about?
The posts start at #1 and continue in chronological order up to this one. I did not mention anything about Bush until 2 days after someone else brought his name into this. Then and ONLY THEN did I quote the same article somebody else posted. Then the ranting started. I guess I hit a nerve.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

"The Diesel proclaimed bleeding heart liberal.":flowers

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 2nd, 2007, 06:40 AM
Honestly, this is all you ever need to know...

Tech is 100% correct!

The rest is just filler.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 2nd, 2007, 07:34 AM
LOL Rook, that's some ego you have there... not a single word in my post was referring to you.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 2nd, 2007, 08:51 AM
LOL Rook, that's some ego you have there... not a single word in my post was referring to you.

Sorry C.O. I started with Diesel's post and continued with yours. I took it (your post) all wrong. Long night at the bar prolly.

zulu
March 2nd, 2007, 09:28 AM
lol this guy Gore is a class A hypocrite/lib...

he also likes to lecture us about driving SUVs...then he'll hop on a private jet...using more gas in one trip than an SUV will in a year...

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 2nd, 2007, 09:47 AM
[soapbox]
Here's the inherent difference between how people tend to view things:

Some people tend to make their views known in absolutes. Those absolutes are, through the inherent nature of humans, flawed.

Other people tend to hold thier views to themselves. Sometimes these people have put thought, research and time into their view. I consider myself one of these people.

What some people like to refer to as known absolutes others consider core values or principles. I have a set of core values; they’ve created a foundation from which I view the world around me. This foundation was created over time, through trial and error, success and failure, with the help of clergy, instructors, friends, coach’s, teammates and most of all parents and family. Like any good foundation it’s solid, grounded but not unchangeable. It’s been added to, built upon and expanded over the course of my life and I think that will occur until I die.

The core of this foundation is rooted in belief in a loving and just God. Who created me in his own image, and has bestowed countless blessings on me I probably don’t deserve! My core principals or absolutes as some would say, include the belief that America is not what’s wrong with the World. And the vast majority of this nation hope and pray that others less fortunate then them would have the same opportunities for a safe, peaceful, and healthy existence, no matter their religious differences or cultural divide. I believe in a time of War our country should put aside political and ideological differences and unite behind our Commander in Chief along with our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines and defeat our enemies, whoever and where ever they may be. I believe in capitalism and the free market, not quotas or racial preferences. I accept that honest people can make honest mistakes, and to treat others as I would like to be treated. I believe in tolerance, but don’t require me to publicly endorse, support, validate or agree with, certain private personal choices between consenting adults. Certainly there are more, but I think we get a sense of my perspective. I am what I am, proud of it and happy to raise my sons like I was raised. If some don't like it, can't handle it, well that's really not my problem.

I accept and acknowledge that others wont subscribe to the same set of “absolutes” or core beliefs that I have, no problem. What I don’t do is expect to change anyone’s mind, if we are on the some page great, if not that’s fine too. I’ll state my opinion, give you the facts from which I base that opinion and we can go from there. I respect the differing opinions of each of us; we’re all entitled to that. What we are not entitled to is our own set of “facts”. The facts can’t be made up or changed to fit our argument.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 2nd, 2007, 10:03 AM
The facts can’t be made up or changed to fit our argument. I disagree with this wholeheartedly. Everything is open to interpretation...nothing is absolute. You and I can look at the same data (lets say oil production for small oil fields in and around Wichita, for example) and can "interpret" the data completely differently. That doesn't mean that we are looking at different data, we just view the outcome in different lights. Those interpretations then can become basis for "absolutes" or "core beliefs" that can cause rifts between peoples (this is never more apparent than when people begin talking about religion and or politics).

Personally, I was brought up in a devout Southern Baptist home. Believe it or not, you and I really aren't that different. We were brought up to believe a set of morals and to apply those morals to every day life etc etc etc. We both took those morals, chose how we were going to interpret them and apply them, went out into life and did the best we could. Neither one of us has any right to fault the other (or anyone else for that matter) for their interpretation of anything. We have the right to disagree and point out OUR beliefs and or show how what we believe differs from the other point of view (something I try to do...albeit unsuccessfully most times) without attacking the individual that thinks it. There's the key difference...not between you and I, but between mature individuals and immature ones.

I'm a strong opponent to the so-called "War on Terror" for several reasons, but mainly because you're fighting an ideal (our "absolutes" or "principles") that certain people, for whatever reason, choose to hold. It is a war on principle that I fear we will never win. War (in this case meaning battling the ideal through the use of bullets and bombs) will never change ideology.

And no, I'm not a bleeding heard liberal either...I choose my battles and believe what I believe. To take a stand for a belief is what we, as Americans, are supposed to do...but we should strive to do it respectfully whenever possible (not that you and I aren't).

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 2nd, 2007, 10:35 AM
The interpretation of a fact is not the issue. The Fact is constant; it’s the same for you and the same for me. The temperature is 70 today; you may interpret that any way you see fit, but the fact its 70 can’t/ wont change, its the same for both of us.

Lets take the war on terror; you believe it’s a battle that may never be won, because we can’t change the ideals of our enemy. (I’m paraphrasing here forgive me.) My perspective tells me the enemy is essentially no different now than in the past. Their Core belief is one of annihilation of Jews, Christians, and enslavement and indoctrination of the entire world. They state that. It’s a fact. Some would say, “We won’t change them, so why fight about it”. Others say we have to eliminate/kill/terminate/ and prevent those that subscribe to this agenda a means to accomplish this goal (nuclear weapons) and foster an environment where a possibility for change could occur. The War on Terror is war declared on us, not declared by us. Now we must defend our nation our children and their future and it has to be done by force. Our enemy will not cease to threaten us until we kill it. In my opinion we have no other alternative.

The facts are indisputable; the enemy seeks weapons of mass destruction and to employ said weapons to achieve our total annihilation. What part of that statement is not correct? It's a FACT we both have to face. I don’t see any room for nuance here, and by himhawing around with code words and fancy talk we allow the enemy time to develop, build and act. Which is unforgivable in my mind. Simply put the threat to you and I Tech is the same; you see it differently than I do, that’s ok. It could simply be because I’m a parent, and see a threat to my children that I want it destroyed before it can harm them. But the FACT remains, the enemy seeks our total destruction. Where we differ is on how to address this fact.

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
March 2nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
Most Americans live in a "bubble". We believe that all other countries have the same freedoms we do, and can solve their problems the same way we can. This is wrong for 2 reasons:

1) The countries in question are not run by a democratic system of principles, but by a system of beliefs based upon an ancient religion. Because this system is based upon a religion, it will never be change because the religion will not change. Therefore, these countries will ALWAYS, as they have for centuries, be run the same way. Unlike America, where we have had the ability to change policy, and law (for better or for worse) over the years, these governments will not change.

2) These countries are "ruled" by the people with the power. Whoever is the most powerful person with the most influence, is in charge. The best example that we have in our modern day was Sadam. The people of Iraq never went to the polls and pulled the switch for Sadam, he just assumed power. Anyone who stood in his way was eliminated....forever.

Because of these two things, the people of these countries cannot change, work out, or debate with one another for change. They have no public voice as we do here.

My views changed dramatically when I was stationed in the Philippines in 93. I used to think "why should WE get involved with the affairs of other countries?" and "Why should I die for someone that I don't even know?" We were assigned to set up parameters around these small villages that were constantly being ransacked by "terrorists" who were training in the mountains and jungles. When I got there I was appaled to see "houses" made from cardboard and other aquired trash, and people drinking the same water that they bathed and took a dump in. As I got to know these people through our translator, I began to realize that they were terrified of EVERYONE. At first I thought that WE had caused their fear, but come to find out It was a fear of these "bad men" as they called them. These wastes of protoplasm would come slithering out of the jungle, pillage the village, rape their FIVE YEAR OLD GIRLS, and take their young boys to indoctrinate them for future use. When the fighting began, I wept for my comrades whom I could not save. I began to wonder why they were dying for these people so far away from home. Then one day, after some intense fighting, an old woman ran up to me in the village. She was crying and repeating herself as she tried to clean my bloody uniform. I asked the translator what she was babbling about and he said that she was simply saying thank you for protecting us. Now that grabbed me by the nuts and gave a hearty twist. You see, the kicker to all of this, is that those men that we were killing, and being killed by, were some of THOSE VERY SAME PEOPLE'S CHILDREN that had been carried off by these numb nuts and trained to hate us. They were not thrilled that we came over there to kill their own sons, but they were releived that we were there to stop any more from being taken. I realized at that point that we (the USA) are the big man on campus, and being the big man on campus means that you watch out for the little guys. I realized that my buddies did not die for these people, but for the progression of freedom in the world. Contrary to the belief of 80-90% of America FREEDOM AIN'T FREE. It was bought and paid for by the blood, and service of a handful of the population of this and other free countries.

I did not join the service because I liked the president, I did not join to get college money, I did not join because I was too dumb to do anything else, I joined to protect my country, and earn my part in the freedom that most enjoy for nothing on their part.

My point is.................Everyone in this country has the privilege to believe whatever they would like to believe. That freedom will someday be lost if tyrants like Sadam are allowed to roam around freely and unchecked. These types of men (if u can call them men) must be dealt with by military force, not over a burger and shake at the local greasy spoon. Diplomacy is as foreign to them as intellect is to most of my generation. I don't know if Sadam ever had UMD's, although I suspect he did and had PLENTY of time to move them while we played footsie with the U.N. Comedy Club. And if we invaded Iraq under direction of faulty intell, well someone should be held accountable for that. But should we be there? The answer is YES! Not because we are trying to rule the world, not because anyone wants to "push their pollitical agenda", and not because of the oil. No, we should be there for those grandmothers who's sons were forced into slavery by an evil man, or tortured and killed because they took a stand against him. We DO have a responsibility to those people, regardless of why we were there in the first place. It is a responsibility to WORLD freedom, and to fight for those who can't fight for themselves.

Barry

PS: Why did I post this here? Hmmmm....lol.....somewhere I got on a tangent:)

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 2nd, 2007, 01:41 PM
Well said, and a hearty Thank You! to you and your comrades for serving our great nation!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 2nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
lol this guy Gore is a class A hypocrite/lib...

he also likes to lecture us about driving SUVs...then he'll hop on a private jet...using more gas in one trip than an SUV will in a year...

LOL too true. You're like Silent Bob, don't say anything for 9 months, then come in and point out an obvious truth that seemed to escape others.

Big_ch33se
March 2nd, 2007, 08:57 PM
The libs and all thier hypocritical ways wil never cease to amaze me, but they do give me several minutes of amusement. Many o comedian can get minutes of material outta their speeches and films. Hypocrocy FTL!

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 3rd, 2007, 10:14 AM
This is like the rich folk in MArtha's Vineyard, who built a pond, destroying a wetlands that harbored a rare bird, all in order to keep their homes from flooding during 20-40 year floods. But they deny that ability to others. lmao

Same deal here:

"You should produce a smaller carbon footprint!"

Then hop in an SUV to hop onto a plane... Repeatedly. LOL

Somehwta understandable, but gimme a break.

Also, did anyone see the story about warming on Mars? Seems the entire solar system is warming due to solar heating! OMG, you mean we might not actually be the cause of global warming?

It is the epitome of arrogance to think we have the power to change this planet on the magnitude suggested by some. And in the words of Drew Carrey, as he sprayed an aeresol can into the frigid air... "SCrew the Grand kids, I'm cold now!" j/k :p

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 3rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Also, did anyone see the story about warming on Mars? Seems the entire solar system is warming due to solar heating! OMG, you mean we might not actually be the cause of global warming?

It is the epitome of arrogance to think we have the power to change this planet on the magnitude suggested by some.

Arrogance?? From the Left? No freaking way! The Left stands on ..err... STANDS FOR the little guy! :violin

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==