PDA

View Full Version : Email I just sent out...

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 21st, 2007, 08:09 AM
If it weren't for all the other projects I'm working on...I might have noticed this earlier...

Hello,

It's come time again to stress the importance of deleting old emails that aren't needed, emptying the trash can in Groupwise and generally not hoarding every little email that comes into your inbox...here's why.

I came in early this morning to try something that I thought of as to why the network is slow and in doing so, I checked the amount of free disk space on the servers. The Mail server has LESS than 7 GB of data (roughly 2 DVD's worth of storage). This is, to put it bluntly, unacceptable.

With ProLaw's document management placing all files from ProLaw onto the Mail server (which was how it was designed), we have roughly 116GB of data on that server now...60+ of which is emails. Yes, that's right...over half.

Now, we have the ability to limit the size of mailboxes and, if it comes to that, I'm quite capable of doing this...but do your part so that I don't have to. Delete old emails that you no longer need...or, if you think you will need them, there are ways that we can back them up and put them on a CD/DVD for you if you so choose.

Thanks,

Scott (email tyrant)

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 21st, 2007, 08:47 AM
Archived and Personal folders :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 21st, 2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah...I'm running gwcheck to print out a report of who has how much...will then take that list around and say, "Ahh...so it's YOU!"

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 21st, 2007, 08:52 AM
NAZI!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 21st, 2007, 09:03 AM
LMAO... Awww come on man...

Dont make them delete their 5 year archive of e-mail FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-vFW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-vFW:- FW:- FW:-FW:- FW:- FW:-

//// YOU JUST GOT READ THIS JOKE'S !!!!!

I mean they been working a long time to create such a collection on your E-mail sever.

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 21st, 2007, 09:07 AM
lol...and it'll take me 5 minutes to limit that. MUHAHAHA!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 21st, 2007, 09:12 AM
I think you can officially change back to the PRESENT ruthless Techtator!

LA_MERC_Spark
February 21st, 2007, 11:56 AM
Archived and Personal folders :)

We had to institue mailbox limits. 200mb and you get no more email. Pisses everyone off, but it works. I give them the same speach all the time. Job related emails in the job folder on the prytania server, non job related into PST file.

Chi_Townz
February 21st, 2007, 05:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/Chi_Townz/TURD.gif

Opps, wrong pic...

Anyway, we use Notes, we try to explain to the customers that the archive program wont even run if their mail file is too large...

1d1oT error eh?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==