PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Job

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 24th, 2007, 08:06 AM
OK, not sure if this would interest anyone but I know a protion of you guys live in South Carolina so North Carolina is not that far away. A good corporate job poisition. Maybe you know someone who knows someone. Reason being is if the canidate that fills the job says they heard about it through me I get 200 dollars. I'll split it with someone if they know somone, LOL. ANyway a good job if your in the coporate wolrd or great with tech stuff like most of you guys are.

Job Description: Technical Analyst Date: 23 January 2007
Reports To: Kevin Bryan Location: Charlotte, NC

Position Overview
Successful candidates will possess a minimum of 2-4 years experience in corporate-wide data center operations, knowledge of and troubleshooting experience in remote access solutions with Cisco VPN concentrators. This person must be able to plan, coordinate, implement and support, Internet/Intranet/Extranet integration. Must be able to work extended hours and be available 24/7. The successful candidate must be able to provide support to our executive end-users including on-site and remote clients. Must have experience with hardware/software troubleshooting on workstations, laptops, and printers. The right person must be proficient with installations and support of all client-based software, hardware configuration, Active Directory and Exchange.

We are looking for a team player with advanced communication and interpersonal skills, strong problem solving skills, the ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service and the ability to work independently and in a team environment. This position provides hardware and software technical support at an enterprise level, working with various business units as well as supporting an executive corporate office environment. Occasional travel is required.

Specific Skills Needed:
 Assist in the evaluation of hardware and software used by the company.
Maintain effective communication channels with major vendors providing hardware and software technical support. Triage and liaison all major technical problems to vendor support as needed
 Willingness to field 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support calls
 Expert level MS Exchange 2003 administration experience
 Expert level Windows XP, Server 2000/2003 experience
 Enterprise level Active Directory support experience
 Enterprise level messaging environment experience
 Experience with Symantec NetBackup Datacenter supporting multiple OS platforms including Windows, Unix and Linux.
 Experience supporting Legal, Financial and Tax applications
 General office such as MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. is required
 Experience with SQL 2000 administration
 Experience with Cisco Remote Access VPN Concentrator
 Experience with Symantec NetBackup Datacenter including multiple OS support Windows, Linux and Unix

Job Description: Technical Analyst Date: 23 January 2007
Reports To: Kevin Bryan Location: Charlotte, NC

Additional Skills (a plus):
 Background supporting Linux and AIX
 Experience with Microsoft systems performance monitoring and tuning
 Experience with NetIQ AppManager monitoring software
 Enterprise Virus Protection
 Cisco Secure Access
 Cisco Access Control Server (ACS)
 Digital Certificate Authority Management
 Experience with maintaining Microsoft ISA 2004 / 2006
 Remote desktop management (Altiris)
 SAN Experience
 VMWare ESX Server experience.

Support and maintain end-user connectivity to the Internet. Provide technical support for the software used in communicating with Internet resources.
Assist with the maintenance of the company network including user account generation and network software installation.
Must be well organized, be able to work independently, and have a great work ethic. In this position, you will be asked to wear many hats within an IT structure.

Qualifications:
Must have proven knowledge of IBM compatible computers and associated peripherals. Have working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and have understanding of LAN concepts. You must be customer-focused, with very good interpersonal skills.

Education:
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
A+ Certification a plus
MCSE preferred

Rollout
January 24th, 2007, 02:33 PM
From the glass is half empty point of view...

The job description states when reading between the lines,

Must not have any form of social life or family life because ALL your time is our time. You will be on call 24/7 by the Board of Snobs who know jack **** about all the hardware they saw in a magazine and just MUST have, and if they can't get it to work your sorry ass better be at their house snappy!

Why do you think there is a vacancy, the last poor SOB finally found another job!!!

LA_MERC_Spark
January 24th, 2007, 02:46 PM
LMAO! and what's this $200 finders fee? We give $700? Anyone want a engineering job?

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 24th, 2007, 02:55 PM
How long would I have to work there for you to get the money? hehe...just kidding.

Chi_Townz
January 24th, 2007, 06:44 PM
:o)

http://search.pwc.com/extweb%5Cjobsrch.nsf/usresultsview/331D7D97F959DE688525726E000988DD?Opendocument&Language=eng~Country=us

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 25th, 2007, 07:49 AM
LMFAO, Ok, I see Chris. I just thought if some of the MERC guys in the Carolinas had a no life mindless jobs already this one might pay more and get me the finders fee money. Plus, I think Emily told me this morning that they uped the finders fee to 500 dollars now. Woohoo!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==